Alpha Video Training

Thread: can't close QB company file after using QRB

Real Name
    Buddy Schaefer

Default can't close QB company file after using QRB

I ran a QRB report that I have run many times w/o a problem but this time I can no longer close Quickbooks - I get the message "the company file cannot be closed at this time because there is another application (Msg DB Init) which is using it. You must close that application before you can close the company file". QRB is closed.

Since I was running QRB and nothing else when this message first occurred, I assume "that application" means QRB. I have since reopened QRB and closed it several times but still can't close Quickbooks.

Any ideas?

Thanks much,

Buddy Schaefer

Real Name
    Alan Buchholz

Default Re: can't close QB company file after using QRB

Quote Originally Posted by BudSch View Post
    I ran a QRB report that I have run many times w/o a problem but this time I can no longer close Quickbooks - I get the message "the company file cannot be closed at this time because there is another application (Msg DB Init) which is using it. You must close that application before you can close the company file". QRB is closed.

Since I was running QRB and nothing else when this message first occurred, I assume "that application" means QRB. I have since reopened QRB and closed it several times but still can't close Quickbooks.

Any ideas?

Thanks much,

Buddy Schaefer
    There are some instances where an internal problem with QB will cause the QB program to not close. In that case, use Windows task manager to close the QB application. I've not seen that method cause a problem..
    Al Buchholz
    Bookwood Systems, LTD
    Weekly QReportBuilder Webinars Thursday 1 pm CST

Occam's Razor - KISS
    Normalize till it hurts - De-normalize till it works.
    Advice offered and questions asked in the spirit of learning how to fish is better than someone giving you a fish.
    When we triage a problem it is much easier to read sample systems than to read a mind.