Alpha Video Training

Thread: First Report, I need some help please!

Real Name
    Patricia

Default First Report, I need some help please!

Hi,
    I've downloaded the trial version, and if I can get this report to come out, I'll be purchasing the program :-)

We are a subcontractor, and because of the way we input our job names we are not able to pull up reports by General Contractor the way we would like them. Our jobs names are the last name of the person who's house we are working at, but our actual customer is the General Contractor.

This report would ideally tell us how much money was estimated to a specific General Contractor, and how much of that work we were able to invoice, meaning we got the job or we didn't.

The General Contractor is listed under job type. I've gotten the basic's of this, job type is a group, and all job names listed under it, with estimate amounts, and then invoiced amounts.

I need to be able to sort it by date, so that only the current years jobs are being listed.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

TIA,

Patricia

Real Name
    Keith Wilhoit

Default Re: First Report, I need some help please!

Patricia--it sounds like you are already headed in the right direction. You have identified the data fields that you want from QuickBooks. Now you need to go into QReportBuilder and figure out which tables contain the data that you want. The data will probably exist in multiple tables such as salesline, or salesorderline if you are tracking sales orders. You may also want to get inventory costs from the iteminventory table. Then you need to link them together to do the report.

You may want to take the 3 hour training course--it will assist you in figuring out exactly how to do what I have described. If you have not received invitations for the training course, please respond to this, and I will send you information on how to sign up. If you wish to discuss this, please feel free to call or email me.

Keith Wilhoit, 630-926-6868, keith.wilhoit@bookwood.com