Alpha Video Training

Thread: Google QR Code on Report

Real Name
    Wayne Ward

Default Google QR Code on Report

I need help getting and placing a Google qr codes on a Qreportbuilder report or Alpha 5 v9. report

1. I was able to setup a supercontrol to acquire the code and place on a form (png image)
    but the supercontrol gave me 3 or 4 script error messages before showing the image. Can this be fixed?

2. Once I have the image on the form using a supercontrol can that image be placed on a report and if so how?

3. Finally I would prefer not to have the qr code on the form as the variables to produce the qr code can be collected from the fields in a report is this possible?

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Mike Christensen

Default Re: Google QR Code on Report

Wayne,
    I am not certain about using the supercontrol on a v9 report but seeing as the current QReportBuilder is still based on v8 I doubt it will work there. Maybe someone else can answer the other questions as I do not have v9.
    Mike

Real Name
    Wayne Ward

Hi Mike
    I have v8 as well, I would think you could auto generate a URL from certain
    fields and then fetch the qr code from google chart. Once the qr code is created the image could be saved (taken from the web page) to a field on a form or report. This is just my logic I have no idea how to do this.
    Thank you Mike for your reply, if this additional information helps you think of how his could be done let me know.
    http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=qr&chs=200x200&chl=Thank%20you (this ia a text only qr code saying: Thank you)
    I want to use qr codes like this for my field crew to manage task progress and time cards. I would like to locate the Codes on work orders (Quickbooks) that will be scanned at the beginning and end of a task, the qr code information is then sent to the office via sms and entered into a database.
    Any help would be much appreciated,

Regards

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
    Wayne,
    I am not certain about using the supercontrol on a v9 report but seeing as the current QReportBuilder is still based on v8 I doubt it will work there. Maybe someone else can answer the other questions as I do not have v9.

Real Name
    Wayne Ward

I'm sorry

Here is a sms qr code for Thank you http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?c...55:Thank%20you
    This code can be read by a qr code reader from your cell phone just search internet for the one that works with your phone

Regards

Wayne

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Mike Christensen

Hi Wayne,
    I misread just a bit. For question 2, if it is just an image you want on a report that is already saved, then relate the image to whatever record you call up in the report and use that relationship to acquire the correct image. Jerry Brightbill showed an example of this utilizing an Excel file on the messageboard that shows one process to achieve this.

Regarding the other questions, others will have to chime in as am unfamiliar and am working with v8 so do not have supercontrols to work with.
    Mike