Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

NEW! 65 lesson pre-recorded video training course download or DVD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEW! 65 lesson pre-recorded video training course download or DVD

Pat,
    Apologies! :o I incorrectly assumed that purchasing the DVD and downloading were two separate things.
    Mike

Comment

Apologies to anyone who's had problems downloading. Anyone who knows Alpha knows they'll fix it. I'm also getting in touch with them to see if I can help offer additional solutions. We'll get 'er done!

- Steve
      -Steve
      sigpic

Comment

Do you have a timeframe on when someone will fix the corrupt archive? I've just redownloaded it but it still shows up as corrupt. I believe it's the 'create new form' that is corrupted.
        Up and coming Alphaholic ;)

Comment

I talked to 'em earlier today, and they're working on a solution. The expectation at the time was before today is out, and everyone who bought will get a follow-up email. I don't mean to be speaking for them, and things may change, but I feel that everyone who's clicking here deserves the best update I can give.
          -Steve
          sigpic

Comment

Richard emailed me the link last night and I was able to download all that I wanted to see before my DVD comes. They truly are awesome Steve! They are answering so many of my questions. Great product. You guys should have known you would be overwhelmed with orders. Make something that good and the people will come.

I hope you get it all sorted out. I was just kind of bummed out when I got the email saying John would be out of the office the week of the 27th. Sorry for being so impatient!

Once again... GREAT PRODUCT!!!

Comment

Apologies to anyone who had difficulty downloading.

The file is very large 1.2 Gigabytes (over 5 hours of video and sound does that) and we were overwhelmed by demand.

The good news is that we have placed the download on multiple servers(bigger bandwidth servers) and the problem has been addressed.

Again - we do apologize!
              Richard Rabins
              Co Chairman
              Alpha Software

Comment

After having problems with the first download I did it again yesterday and although it took 6 hours with my 512kbps broadband it was well worth the wait. Thanks to Steve Workings and Alpha for this opportunity to learn more about Alpha V9. Anyone starting out with A5 should get this as it is great value.

Well done

Murray

Comment

anyone know had to burn these files to a DVD using windows?

Comment

Hi Mark,
                    I have used this program successfully to autorun cd/dvd's for my customers to demo draft websites that I have made for them.

http://www.ezau.com/latest/articles/autorun.shtml

Murray

Sorry,misread your post.

Found this in Win XP help files

To copy files and folders to a CD
                    Insert a blank, writable CD into the CD recorder.
                    Open My Computer.
                    Click the files or folders you want to copy to the CD. To select more than one file, hold down the CTRL key while you click the files you want. Then, under File and Folder Tasks, click Copy this file, Copy this folder, or Copy the selected items.
                    If the files are located in My Pictures, under Picture Tasks, click Copy to CD or Copy all items to CD, and then skip to step 5.

In the Copy Items dialog box, click the CD recording drive, and then click Copy.
                    In My Computer, double-click the CD recording drive. Windows displays a temporary area where the files are held before they are copied to the CD. Verify that the files and folders that you intend to copy to the CD appear under Files Ready to be Written to the CD.
                    Under CD Writing Tasks, click Write these files to CD. Windows displays the CD Writing Wizard. Follow the instructions in the wizard.
                    Notes

To open My Computer, click Start, and then click My Computer.
                    Do not copy more files to the CD than it will hold. Standard CDs hold up to 650 megabytes (MB). High-capacity CDs hold up to 850 MB.
                    Be sure that you have enough disk space on your hard disk to store the temporary files that are created during the CD writing process. For a standard CD, Windows reserves up to 700 MB of the available free space. For a high-capacity CD, Windows reserves up to 1 gigabyte (GB) of the available free space.
                    After you copy files or folders to the CD, it is useful to view the CD to confirm that the files are copied. For more information, click Related Topics.

Hope this helps. Not sure if it works with DVD's

You can aslo get free burning apps from the web.

Murray
                    Last edited by MCBrown; 10-29-2008, 01:43 AM.

Comment

If you downloaded the 65 Lesson training course you will find that in total including the zipped and unzipped files it comes to about 2.29GB which is a lot of space on your drive, well it is for me with only an 80GB drive on my laptop. I have burnt the video files to DVD along with the zipped file and used the following process.

1. Downloaded AutorunPro zip file (FREE)(http://www.ezau.com/latest/articles/autorun.shtml)

2. Unzipped the files

3. Copied the autorun.inf file into the A5 Training folder (see screenshot 1) and edited it with Notepad so that its text is the same as (see screenshot 2).
                      VISTA USERS NOTE: The command Run= is now Action= . This is mentioned in the accompanying documentation.

4. Copied the AutorunPro.EXE into the A5 Training folder (see screenshot 1)

5. Copied all of the files (see screenshot 1) into my burner and started recording

It boots up into the index.html web page with the index.

There are instructions with the downloaded zip file.

This works well for me and some of you may have other ways of doing this. Hope you find this useful

Murray
                      Last edited by MCBrown; 10-29-2008, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Yes I do know I should not post replies to this forum, because it is for announcements only...

But my message earlier on the Application Server was removed. (Probably because of the download issues over the weekend). And everybody else is replying also.

I want to restate that I have learned more from Steve Workings / Alpha videos this last weekend, than fooling around for 3 years on my own with version 6 till 9 sofar...!

These videos are great value for money and anybody seriously playing (because it's fun) with Alpha should not even consider but just download them and learn to use Alpha and discover how great this piece of software really is.

Great job done Steve !

And NO, I do not get any % of the sales. Wish it was true.

regards, Ron

Comment

Originally posted by popellis View Post
                          anyone know had to burn these files to a DVD using windows?
                          Nero can burn the .VOB and .IFO files if the VIDEOTS folder is in tact.
                          Windows media tools need .AVI or .MPG to "manipulate into the DVD format.

Otherwise, I run the VOB files with VLC player on my puters. That thing plays stuff WinMedia won't touch. FREE at VLAN.ORG

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

It would be best if the download was a DVD image, that would help with the corruption a bit. It would also be a clone of the Hard DVD.

-Dave
                          David Shaw
                          Manager of Media Services and User Support
                          Cleveland Museum of Art
                          Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Working...
                          X