Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

AjaxFormLibrary.js MIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AjaxFormLibrary.js MIA

I've been lead to believe that the AJAX Form Library is "screeded on demand by the WAS. Which makes me guess its in some compiled form.
    But so why oh why has this error become apparent today in my log ?

[Wed Feb 18 20:44:12 2009] [Not Found] The requested URL /javascript/AjaxFormLibrary.js was not found on this server.

Any and all clues welcome.

Re: AjaxFormLibrary.js MIA

Hm... the folder is called JavaScript, not javascript, maybe that is it?

Comment

Note Jerry Brightbill's post in this thread
      http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...FormLibrary.js

There is no physical AjaxFormLibrary.js file in any Alpha Five folder. It is supplied by the server only when it is requested on the page. The same is true for the other 2 files as well. If you have a copy of AjaxFormLibrary.js in any Alpha Five folder, it is from a very old build and is out of date and no longer used.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinJD View Post
        Note Jerry Brightbill's post in this thread
        http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...FormLibrary.js
        Yes but I would still imagine if you called a Javascript file in the wrong folder (Javascript is case sensitive for example, at least in most browsers), the WAS might not be able to produce the dynamic copy. Either that or javascript is not an allowed file type in your project.

Comment

I wish that was the answer Andrea,
          Have tried a variety of spellings of Javascript || javascript etc to no joy,
          Also I originally copied and pasted these lines from the v9 samples. Have checked them and they show know consistency in what is used, either being javascript || Javascript .
          Coincidentally all the samples produce the same error now.
          -
          Maybe a fresh install of the WAS is called for. [shrug shoulders]

Comment

Have you tried this?

Either that or javascript is not an allowed file type in your project.

Comment

There normally is no physical file with that name in any folder on the server. When a request comes to the server with a request for "/javascript/AjaxFormLibrary.js" (not case sensitive), the server creates the file content from memory and sends that copy to the client in the response. It does not create a local copy. In some cases, the local client may report it has cached the file, and the server will not send a copy.

If you are getting an error, clear the cache in the browser. In some cases, the browser may report a file is cached when it no longer exists on the client computer. Clearing the cache will force the server to recreate and sent the file. If a problem persists, check the build of the server. This feature was introduced as a running change in Version 9 and early builds behave differently.

Comment

Hi Colin,

If the issue is still not resolved, may be this post can help: http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...ad.php?t=76162

(just use another editor, i.e. notepad, since A5 built-in editor sometimes corrupts files)

Hope it can help,
                Olga

Comment

Jerry
                  I'm running "Build 1980_3163"
                  -
                  Have tried dumping the caches/history, on clients
                  Its occuring on both LAN and WAN, on different PCs and both IE and Firefox
                  -
                  As soon as any javascript line starting A5_AJAX is encountered the browser's report the error and the error log reports a 404 error.
                  All the other included javascripts from the directory are returned with a code 304.
                  I'm out of guesses

Comment

Hi Olga,
                    Agreed the standard A5 editor does throw up some curve balls.
                    I must find a new editor that integrates or return to the time proven edlin.
                    (any recommendations for a better editor, one that syntax colors, HTML, A5, and js? (& CSS would be nice ))
                    I have started copying and pasting in and out of notepad, and shuffling the lines around.
                    The trouble is its on all my Ajax pages,
                    Even the daft test ones.
                    eg
                    Code:
                    <html>
                    <head>
                    <meta name="generator" content="Alpha Five HTML Editor Version 9 Build 2005-3252">
                    <title>Test</title>

<%A5 Response.charset = "ISO-8859-1" %>

<script type="text/javascript" src="javascript/core.js"></script>
                    <script type="text/javascript" src="javascript/AjaxFormLibrary.js"></script>
                    <script type="text/javascript" src="javascript/aui.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">

a5_AJAX_Callback('Test.AJAX.A5W','action=action&varz='+urlencode(3));
                    </script>

</head>
                    <body>
                    <p>TEST PAGE</p>
                    </body></html>
                    whether Test.AJAX.A5w exists or not, I can't see why my server could legitimitly give an error?

Comment

Originally posted by ColinJD View Post
                      Jerry
                      I'm running "Build 1980_3163"
                      Build 1980-3163 is the last released build for Alpha Five Version 8. Version 8 does not support AJAX. Therefore the JavaScript file does not exist, and you get the 404 error.

If you want to run any AJAX, you need Version 9

Comment

Ah, thank you Jerry !
                        Now the penny drops.

Comment

Colin,
                          (any recommendations for a better editor, one that syntax colors, HTML, A5, and js? (& CSS would be nice ))
                          Check out the Code Archive forum and search for "editor". I believe there is a tool there you may want---also Steve Wood has a different editor on his website alphatogo.com I believe.
                          Mike

Comment

Working...
                          X