Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Xtreme Calendar, Codejock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xtreme Calendar, Codejock

Ok, I am trying to figure out how to use the codejock Calendar from alpha 5. I have it on a form and in its Active X Events i have this piece of code
    Code:
    function dblclick as v ()
    	msgbox("Double Clicked")
    	t = table.open("xcalendar")
    	    t.enter_begin()
    	    	t.User = "Adam"
    	    	t.Begin = "beggin"
    	    	t.End = "ennd"
    		t.enter_end(.t.)
    	t.close()
    end function
    The msgbox displays when I double click, but I can't get it to enter any data into "xcalendar".. any ideas why? Thanks.

Re: Xtreme Calendar, Codejock

A,
    Have you checked out the messageboard for relevant threads...a few of them are listed below this thread in the Similar Thread section. There apparently are some limits using some Activex components on a form whereas an xdialog does not....not saying what you are currently attempting is not doable (best to see what has been done from the threads first I think).
    Mike

Comment

Mike and A,

Dr. Peter Wayne a week or two ago confirmed the double click event bug in A5V9 and reported it to Alpha.

Alpha reportedly has corrected the problem in A5V10.

This is an incredibly powerful, beautiful control and I appreciate Alpha's efforts to make it work with A5.

Bob McGaffic
      Pittsburgh, PA

Comment

Well its not the double click function thats the problem I don't think? The msgbox displays upon a double click on the active x component.. the data just does not get entered into the table.

Comment

A,

Oh, yes it is -- unless all you want to do is to display a msgbox.

The problem I reported was trying to open a dialog form for an appointment: it doesn't work on a form, but does in XDialog.

Have you taken a look at the Microsoft Access demo that Codejock provides for the CalendarPro control?

Bob McGaffic
          Pittsburgh

Comment

I sure haven't. I don't have Access on any of my machines. I've been trying to look at the Visual Basic examples but it hasn't helped me too much yet.

Comment

A,

If it would be helpful, I could post you the VBA code for Microsoft Access that is in the Codejock demo.

I just wish Alpha could offer this demo for A5V9, which we could then tweak as we saw fit. Plug and play should be the strategy, not reinvent the wheel.

Bob McGaffic
              Pittsburgh, PA

Comment

Yes that might be helpful. And it would be nice if Alpha would do that, but I'm sure it's not a priority for them, so I don't see it getting done anytime soon, if ever.

Comment

Bob,
                  I can see that you are passionate about getting the Codejock Calendar control working in Alpha.

1. Does it function 100% correctly in XDialog? If so, do you think using it in XDialogs is a workable situation or do you really need to be able to use forms?

2. Do you think that Alpha will make it work properly in forms?

Comment

Adam,

Attached are four Word documents which provide the VBA code for the Microsoft Access demo using the Codejock Calendar Control.

Note that this demos gives you all the scheduling capability of Microsoft outlook.

I'll post screen shots of the forms as a separate message.

Bob McGaffic
                    Pittsburgh, PA

Comment

Adam,

Attached are the screen prints of the forms for the VB code provided above.

Obviously, these forms could use need some graphic attention, but you get the general idea.

Bob McGaffic
                      Pittsburgh, PA
                      Last edited by rmcgaffic; 07-23-2009, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Alpha Software has fixed the bug that prevented all the capabilities of Codejock from working from within forms (the bug was not present in Xdialog). If anyone needs that fix now, they have told me they will make it available to that person without charge. Just write to "[email protected]" and put "Codejock calendar patch request" in your mail header.

Comment

Gary,

I encountered no problems with setting properties of the CodeJock Calendar and Date picker controls; the problems are with how Alpha Five responds to events.

My position is that these controls are meant to work with forms and working only with XDialog is not acceptable.

The nice thing about working with well established and debugged controls like those of DBI-Tech and Codejock is that after years on the market with thousands of users, chances are that if it doesn't work with Alpha Five, it's an Alpha Five problem.

I've put my calendar project on the backburner until V10 is released, which reportedly has corrected the double click event form bug.

I'll keep you updated in my quest to recreate the Access demo.

Bob McGaffic
                          Pittsburgh, PA

Comment

Alpha Software has fixed the bug that prevented all the capabilities of Codejock from working from within forms (the bug was not present in Xdialog). If anyone needs that fix now, they have told me they will make it available to that person without charge. Just write to "[email protected]" and put "Codejock calendar patch request" in your mail header.
                            Does this mean they are not going to issue any more patches for V9. Why a special request and not just made available to everyone. Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought V9 was still the latest version and should have bugs fixed for it. I'm sure I have seen on a couple of occassions statements that bugs will be fixed for V10. Well V9 is the current version and while it is should have the bugs fixed. I'm still of the opinion that the last two version (V8 & V9) should receive bug fixes but I think that is a minority opinion. When was the last patch for V9? Have all the browse issues been rectified? What exactly is happening? The silence from Alpha on these issues is not helpful and detracts from one of the excellent selling points of the support they offer to fixing bugs.

Comment

I don't work for Alpha Software but I can understand their point. Every time they fix a bug it has the potential to break someone else's application -- this happened to me about two patches ago when they fixed a bug in the behavior of checkboxes in Xdialog. As far as I can tell, there are only 3 or 4 people who have had trouble with the Codejock calendar control, and assuming they're willing to take on a (relatively) untested patch, it theirs to get. I don't see that the rest of us, who don't need the Codejock calendar control, are really any better off with the patch.

Comment

Working...
                              X