Alpha Video Training

Thread: Dialog Won't Update Table

Real Name
    Alex Steinman

Default Dialog Won't Update Table

I have a dialog that used to work, but no longer does. When I run the dialog component on the page, I don't get any errors. But the table that is supposed to update doesn't add the record.

I have an older version of the same project where the same dialog still works.

I don't know what change between the time that it worked and now. And I have looked everywhere I know to try to fix the problem. I'm hoping someone might be able to give some suggestions on what else I can look at.

Here are the things I've tried:

- I added the dialog from the old project into the new one, but it doesn't work in the new project, either. The AfterValidate code is the same in both dialogs. THIS LEADS ME TO BELIEVE THAT THE PROBLEM IS NOT THE DIALOG ITSELF.

- The dialog involves three tables. And I believe the indexes are the same in the tables in both the old and new project files. SO IT DOESN'T SEEM LIKE THE PROBLEM IS THE TABLES.

- The dialog also doesn't work in Live Preview. SO I DON'T THINK THE PROBLEM IS THE A5W PAGE.

Where else might I look?

I don't know if it would help to post any of the code.

But I sure appreciate if someone could steer me in the right place. It's driving me crazy trying to figure it out.

Thanks much.

Alex

Volunteer Moderator Steve Workings's Avatar
    Real Name
    Steve Workings

Default Re: Dialog Won't Update Table

Just want to follow up on this:

Alex was using the <ADB_Path> alias, that, for a long time, has worked. A long time ago Lenny warned us that one of these days this alias may no longer be supported.

Alex replaced <ADB_Path> with the now-standard [pathalias.adb_path] and all was good.

I checked with Lenny, who confirmed that <ADB_Path> is definitely no longer supported in version 10. He also looked a bit further, and thinks that somewhere along the line this support was discontinued in version 9.

So, notice served!
    -Steve