New call-to-action

Thread: Adding sophisticated, charting, graphs, guages and maps to Alpha Five apps

Alpha Software Employee Richard Rabins's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Rabins

Default Adding sophisticated, charting, graphs, guages and maps to Alpha Five apps

Adding sophisticated, charting, graphs, guages and maps to Alpha Five apps

We have teamed up with FusionCharts the leading Flash Charting Suite globally in order to let you build great charts, graphs, maps and gauges to your Alpha Five Applications.

To kick this off we are running a web seminar - please see like below
    thanks
    richard rabins

http://www.imakenews.com/alphasoftwa...x000391574.cfm
    Richard Rabins
    Co Chairman
    Alpha Software

Real Name
    Andy Cliff

Default Re: Adding sophisticated, charting, graphs, guages and maps to Alpha Five apps

Richard and Team,

Wow, this for me is fantastic news, something I have been wishing for for some time, now I don't have to export to Excel to create dashboards!

Thankyou.
    Andy

Real Name
    Robert W. McGaffic

Default Re: Adding sophisticated, charting, graphs, guages and maps to Alpha Five apps

This is indeed good news.

Besides better looking/more flexible pie, line, and stacked bar graphs, FusionCharts will permit Alpha developers the never before capability of adding funnel charts and you heard it hear first, GANTT scheduling charts to an Alpha Five application.

The funnel chart is the core graphic of nearly all customer relationship management application on the market today-- and is technically now feasible with Alpha Five.

Take a look at the Chart gallery at http://www.fusioncharts.com/Gallery/Default.asp.

Even better, there is a free version to play with.

Bob McGaffic
    Pittsburgh

Real Name
    Andy Cliff

My only problem now is getting the xml out of my tables!

Real Name
    Rui Carvalho

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    My only problem now is getting the xml out of my tables!
    I guess you'll have to sign-up for the web seminar to found out?

More importantly, I hope this process be will "documented" by Alpha so that all users will know how in the future.

Real Name
    Geoff Meredith

More importantly, I hope this process be will "documented" by Alpha so that all users will know how in the future
    I imagine they will sell the Webinar CD if you desire instructions. This isn't something that Alpha are packaging with their product and as such I would say they have no obligation to provide instructions for free. From what I can gather they are just letting everyone know that it is now possible to integrate a 3rd party piece of software if required. This I would assume is in response to much criticism by myself and others for the Alpha5's poor graphical display and interaction with ActiveX components.

They have a big enough job trying to catch up with documenting their own software which has been sub-standard over the past couple of releases.

I will be signing up for the webinar as the relatively small amount of money requested will be worth it if you really can integrate the charts into Desktop applications. My only fear is how complicated the xml side of things will be as I have no experience whatsoever with it.

VAR
    Real Name
    Martin W. Cole

I wonder how we are going to convert dbf data to xml data to use the charts on desktop apps.
    Cole Custom Programming - Terrell, Texas
    972 524 8714
    martin_w_cole@msn.com

Volunteer Moderator Steve Workings's Avatar
    Real Name
    Steve Workings

This un's in a ui_html_msg_box() on the desktop.
    -Steve

"Certified" Alphaholic Keith Hubert's Avatar
    Real Name
    Keith Hubert

Hi Steve,

Great job.

Looks like you've got it cracked.
    Regards
    Keith Hubert
    Alpha Guild Member
    London.
    KHDB Management Systems
    Skype = keith.hubert

For your day-to-day Needs, you Need an Alpha Database!

Real Name
    David Britz

Is this working for desktop applications as well.

Real Name
    robert muzik

I don't really have a need for it but I downloaded the free version. Haven't got the foggiest idea how to start it up so I can look at it for desktop use. It doesn't say a thing about using it with Alpha.

"Certified" Alphaholic mmaisterrena's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mauricio Maisterrena

Steve
    great job, is it working on the Desktop without the WAS on?
    If yes, could you be so kind to explain us how
    Cheers
    Mauricio

VAR
    Real Name
    Martin W. Cole

and for me, without any "grids", etc. - just plain old dbf data
    972 524 8714
    martin_w_cole@msn.com

Volunteer Moderator Steve Workings's Avatar
    Real Name
    Steve Workings

Genie Preview Announcement

For a preview of the Fusion Charts genie:

http://forum.alphadevnet.com/index.php

Go the the Public - Developer Supported Applications section at the bottom for the Fusion Charts Genie thread.
    -Steve

VAR
    Real Name
    Martin W. Cole

most excellent!!! I'll buy 2!!!

It sounds like one can use dbf tables and show the chart on a desktop [non web app] - is that correct?
    972 524 8714
    martin_w_cole@msn.com

Real Name
    Robert W. McGaffic

Mauricio,

I followed the link to your page on calendaring with Alpha Five, and very, very much like what you have done. So I'll download the demo this weekend, play with it, and most probably will sign up as a paying customer.

But what really caught my attention was the text as the bottom of your home screen page which mentions Task Manager and Project manager. I didn't find either of these products when I visited your store.

Are they presently available for sale or underdevelopment? Any chance of a sneak peak for screen shots?

Thanks,
    Bob McGaffic
    Pittsburgh, PA

"Certified" Alphaholic mmaisterrena's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mauricio Maisterrena

Its funny that you ask this
    Because I wrote that Key word there so that serch engines coul find my page so that anyone developing a project management system could integrate their application with the calendar.

With that said, Im actually in the development of a Project Portfolio Managing System that will manage Tasks, Project Team, Documents, Budget, Portfolio,s Project results, Gantt Charts etc. trying to follow the PMBok (like the ISO for projects) but wouldn't compromise on any release date at this point (Im developing it on v10)

I have already developed a very custom Project manager system for the company I work for (day job) although I have no doubt that it could be useful for other companys but the hole application its in spanish.:(

Iam cosidering too the development of an interface similar to alpha calendar but to a Gantt Charting product

This are some screenshots of the custom appliation I told you about , the newer application has better and more sophisticated look thanks to v10 but I will not publish any screenshot jet
    Cheers
    Mauricio