Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

FusionCharts Suite Compatibility ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FusionCharts Suite Compatibility ??????

I'm interested to know what versions of Alpha Five will Fusion Charts Suite be compatible with ?

Re: FusionCharts Suite Compatibility ??????

every one (v8 an above at least)
    the trick is making the code to write the XML file

I was planning on making an interface similar to what I did for Flash calendar (www.fuegosoftware.com) in which you could conect Fusion charts to any table and make charts without any coding, but after seeing alphas announcement yesterday I will think it twice before starting the project :( , because connecting to Fusion Charts through coding is much simpler than to connect to Flash Calendar Professional, although it obviously requires xbasic knowledge .

ALPHA YOU STOLE MY IDEA!!! JUST CONCENTRATE ON V10 (kidding)
    Last edited by mmaisterrena; 09-24-2009, 11:53 AM.
    Cheers
    Mauricio

Comment

Mauricio,
      Thank you for your reply.I was also wondering if the Alpha gurus plan to work in any action script magic for integration in a5v10.
      John

Comment

The answer to that question would be decisive to going ahead with the Fusion Charts Interface project or not
        Cheers
        Mauricio

Comment

The answer to that question would be decisive to going ahead with the Fusion Charts Interface project or not
          I am of the same thought---as I had started to initially investigate this quite some time ago in order to meet the demand of adding charts to Alpha desktop and web (3 avenues were in process-SimpleChartLite, RMChart, and FusionCharts), when Alpha announced this I was taken aback a bit.

Kind of makes one wonder if any add-on now will be worthwhile creating if Alpha will suddenly add features like this--don't get me wrong.....adding this feature is great, but after so long of NOT doing anything about graphs, then with no indication of anything coming they decide to surprise us with this (and those of us who were contemplating/working on add-ons for it), it just would have "nice" to be made aware of it a while ago!

I, for one, will be very hesitant about creating something other than for my own use from now on unless Alpha opens their communications better to us.

Again, I do want to make it clear that it is a good thing that Alpha seemed to have listened and is bringing up a method to add charts....maybe if it is still difficult to do an add-on may still be a possibility.
          Mike

Comment

I agree 101% Just remember how dataease ended by competing with their own hardcore clients (not that this is the exact same case. but the timing is just a little strange).
            Last edited by mmaisterrena; 09-24-2009, 01:51 PM.
            Cheers
            Mauricio

Comment

Are you guys reading a different announcement that I am? The way I read it, there is nothing included in Alpha. You download your own copy of Fusion Charts and this seminar teaches you how to use the XML functions that are already (not will be) included in Alpha Five to feed data to it. There's nothing in the announcement about an integration package or specific functions being built in to Alpha.

In that respect, I think it is different that SimpleChartLite which actually had a stripped down version included with Alpha.

I was mostly interested in the discount coupon. Will the discount be enough to pay for the webinar?

Pat
              Pat Bremkamp
              MindKicks Consulting

Comment

Hi Guys,

I have built my first Fusion Chart with the sample XML data file.

I have tried to use the Alpha function TABLE.XML_EXPORT() to create my own data file but the format is way off that the chart cant be produced.

What we need here is a Genie dialog to create the data file with the correct syntax.

The graph is great but this is not going to be a walk in the park to set up.
                Regards
                Keith Hubert
                Alpha Guild Member
                London.
                KHDB Management Systems
                Skype = keith.hubert

For your day-to-day Needs, you Need an Alpha Database!

Comment

'zactly my thought Keith.

I'm already on my way with a genie. Got bunches of it done today.

But I've emailed Alpha to ask if they're going to provide one. Because if they are, I ain't wastin' my time.
                  -Steve
                  sigpic

Comment

In any case, guys like me who barely have time to boot up, really appreciate the toys and tools you alldevelop. Paying a fee is a small price to pay, vs the weeks I'd need to spend on building it. (assuming I even had the skills)

Yesterday I did not hesitate to buy the AlphaCalendarPro. The price was right and it does what my customers need. I have 3 projects under wraps because of this tool, and my customers, albeit internal, are impressed to the max.

So, as word of encouragement, my checkbook is open when your add-ins fit the bill. I think the Alpha group is akin to the Open Source group - you build it, we come.

Good luck and I hope you make some $$ from the endeavors.
                    David Shaw
                    Manager of Media Services and User Support
                    Cleveland Museum of Art
                    Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

It looks like thare is a need for a new channel of communications between potential addin developers and Alpha management. For instance the developer describes what they are considering as an addin project and Alpha replies that that functionality is something they are either strongly considering or are well on their way to developing.
                      Well constructed addins are critical to the future of the product, but this uncertainty is a huge roadblock to their success. This may force Alpha to reveal some of their plans ahead of time, but that is not a bad thing As the product grows in the marketplace, the Alpha team will have to change some of the business practices that served them well as a lesser known product.
                      John

Comment

John,
                        You just stated my sentiments exactly....no way will I attempt another add-on without knowing what Alpha has in the works.
                        Mike

Comment

I re-thought my position and I now believe that anybody making an add-on has to take the risk that maybe the original vendor could include the feature as a built in feature (in alpha or any other application).
                          We cant (and wont) stop alpha from improving itself, but yes a little more communication wold be a nice thing although its not obligatory for them.
                          Cheers
                          Mauricio

Comment

I re-thought my position and I now believe that anybody making an add-on has to take the risk that maybe the original vendor could include the feature as a built in feature (in alpha or any other application).
                            Yep! Definitely something to always consider! :)
                            Mike

Comment

"Alpha" didn't decide to develop this feature (it's not really a feature, its a method using the standard product and a 3rd party utility). I mean I doubt it was 'on the drawing board' for some period of time, or part of any overall plan for the introduction of adds-ons. A developer close to them ran across it during development of a client project (most likely) and they decided to bring it forward as something useful.

In an unrelated story, my wife just totalled her car (no injuries). The personallized license plate was mine, and said BST2MKT. I think its just as well because being First to Market is probably better.
                              Steve Wood
                              See my profile on IADN

Comment

Working...
                              X