Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Adding a total to a grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a total to a grid

Just wanted to share something I discussed with Selwyn yesterday. I wanted to add a total to a colum on my grid. Nothing fancy (although it could be), but fairly easy to do.

In the OnBeforeExistingRowsRender grid event set the summary value to zero:
    e.rtc.mysummaryvalue = 0

In the OnExistingRowRender grid event place your calculation:
    e.rtc.mysummaryvalue = e.rtc.mysummaryvalue + e.rowData.data("Total") "Total" is the grid fieldname

In the OnAfterExistingRowsRender grid event is where you would set the e.html property

htmltxt = "<tr><td colspan=\"5\">&nbsp;</td><td>" +"Page summary value is: " + e.rtc.mysummaryvalue + "</td></tr>"
    e.html = htmltxt

Hopefully this will prevent some head scatching when trying to figure out how to do this.
    Bill Griffin
    Parkell, Inc

Re: Adding a total to a grid

This is already possible without coding:

use the summary values at fieldlevel in your grid. See PICS.

But maybe I did not understand your entry. regards,Ron

Comment

As far as I no, the summary total is for the whole grid, no? I needed a total of each page...
      Bill Griffin
      Parkell, Inc

Comment

1) Not sure what you mean with "total of each page"...

2) Problem is I cannot test because on this PC I use only SQL Databases. The example i showed earlier only has 1 record in a DBF table. And I just discovered that with SQL DB's the summary values do not seem to work..

If you are using DBF maybe you could try it yourself and let us know if it works. I recall the total is given only for the records showed in the grid displayed (on a page), not all totals of all records in your DBF table. But am not sure now.

I am a bit worried why ad 2) does not seem to work with SQL DB's, though..I will test some more with this.

regards, Ron

Comment

Ok tested it.

Good thing it also works with SQL DB's.

Bad news is that it only TOTALS ALL entries in the grid. Thats why the total will only display at the last records of the grid.

So your entry is added value (;-] get it?) for when you want a total of only those records which are displayed in the grid at currrent page.

thanks and sorry for polluting this entry, Ron

Comment

Originally posted by rleunis View Post
            Ok tested it.

Good thing it also works with SQL DB's.

Bad news is that it only TOTALS ALL entries in the grid. Thats why the total will only display at the last records of the grid.

So your entry is added value (;-] get it?) for when you want a total of only those records which are displayed in the grid at currrent page.

thanks and sorry for polluting this entry, Ron
            No problem. That is why I posted it. I guess I should have been a little more clear as to the PAGE total vs the TOTAL total.
            Bill Griffin
            Parkell, Inc

Comment

I tried the above solution and it does work in SQL DB but.... im having problem with computed columns..

hope you can try and let us know if there is a solution at present

Comment

It works fine using a calc field, although I am using dbf's. So maybe someone else using SQL can jump in.
                Bill Griffin
                Parkell, Inc

Comment

I just checked using a SQL calc field and the above works fine. Not sure what to tell you other than check your code again..

Perhaps you could post the code and the sql select statment you are using to define your calc?
                  Bill Griffin
                  Parkell, Inc

Comment

I really didnt put any code, just the GUI.
                    the columns quantity,Less and Subtotal have summary option of Total, it works on quantity but not in Less and Subtotal, the difference is quantity is not computed field.

I have attached the screen:

Thanks

Marlon

Comment

Oh, You are talking about using the summary values for grid totals (not what this thread was about - see 1st post). I tried that as well and seems to work fine on a calclated field. See the attached, there are 3 column totals Ext is a calc field, and as you can see it looks fine.

It is unclear from your screen shot what field you have selected and what you are showing on the grid.
                      Bill Griffin
                      Parkell, Inc

Comment

Could I join this post with an issue? I have a radio button (logical field) in a dbf. I'd like to have a total at the top (or bottom) of the grid telling me how many are true (or false).

I'm thinking that there may be more items like this i.e. counts of records, etc. not just summaries of numeric fields.

Charlie

Comment

read post 1 above and in the OnExistingRowRender event put something like this

if e.rowData.Data("Tf") = .f.
                          e.rtc.mysummaryvalue = e.rtc.mysummaryvalue + 1
                          end if

The "Tf" would be your fieldname and test for the trues or false

You will also have to play around with the formatting in the OnAfterExistingRowsRender event as well

This will put a total on every page.

Hope that sparks your imagination.
                          Last edited by Bill Griffin; 01-05-2010, 04:46 PM.
                          Bill Griffin
                          Parkell, Inc

Comment

Working...
                          X