Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Web Development: Look and feel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Development: Look and feel

Hi there

Does anyone have some really good style sheets (not the standard ones) for a good look and feel.
    What style sheet is this done in?

thanks

Re: Web Development: Look and feel

I think my renditions are only slightly better than V9's style sheets. Here are a couple of mine:

www.alphatogo.com
    www.alphadenvet.com
    www.fresnowatermeter.org

And here is what I would actually like to achieve some day soon!

http://scorm.com/
    http://onehub.com/
    http://room214.com/
    Steve Wood
    See my profile on IADN

Comment

I really like your alphatogo web... would you be willing to share that css style sheet with me?

thanks!

Comment

Stylesheets are easy to acquire from any website by looking at the browser source and determining where the stylesheet is, and just taking them.

On my AlphaToGo website there are three you would be interested in. The first is at http://www.alphatogo.com/css/style.css. This is the 'overall' stylesheet that provides formatting for the site as a whole. I do not use Alpha Five's component stylesheet for my overall formatting.

The second is at http://www.alphatogo.com/css/sunset/style.css. This was originally based on Alpha's Sunset style, but I have altered it significantly. This one provides the style for the grids and other components. You'd have to flag your components as using the Sunset style.

The third one is at http://www.alphatogo.com/css/sunset/...lbar/style.css. This one is specifically for the menu. If all you want is the menu style, grab this one. I modified this one as well. You also need the image file at http://www.alphatogo.com/css/sunset/.../blue_grad.gif for the shiny menu background.

A couple points about these stylesheets - They work fine on my site, have no idea what they will do to yours. Also, even though they are fine, I don't like them anymore because they are still flat looking compared to modern websites. And, its a bunch of work beyond just grabbing the files above.
        Steve Wood
        See my profile on IADN

Comment

Thanks again I will have a look at these

Comment

I have been using a tool called Artisteer for a while now. It produces professional grade web templates within minutes.

Try it for yourself.

http://www.artisteer.com/?p=home

Regards

Comment

Djamal,

Do you use this to create templates for use with Alpha Five web apps? I know the utility could not be used to provide formatting to an A5 Menu or the Grid/Dialog components. But for overall page formatting, I bet if we just kept in mind what was useable and what was not, that one of the Exports would create a CSS style sheet for our use.
              Steve Wood
              See my profile on IADN

Comment

Steve,

I have not been able to use it with A5 yet. I have suggested to Richard to consider doing something for us with this company so that we can export templates to Alpha Five (the list of export applications is growing and I believe Alpha Five should be added). Can you think about the synergy of having both Alpha Five and Artisteer working together? A time-saver.

Regards,

Djamal

Comment

Then I think you should make that clear on your other post about this product or you are going to get a lot of users frustrated trying to make it work, thinking you already have.

The trick would be in making the Menus and Components work. They use specific CSS naming structure that has to be be maintained. Ignoring those two items, the utility could be used to provide overall formatting for the rest of the website. And there are specific things you would have to do in your Alpha design to allow a secondary CSS style sheet to be in control of the overall formatting.
                  Steve Wood
                  See my profile on IADN

Comment

I agree with you Steve.

I will do that immediately.

Thanks.

Comment

Djamal
                      Did you have any success using Artisteer with A5?
                      Regards
                      Tony M
                      from Aldershot

Comment

I have a client who purchased Artesteer and we used it for his internal site. You can see a bit of the result at http://www.cwc-info.com/

We picked a combination that he liked, then I removed about 90% of what Artesteer created, then he modified the Alpha "glass blue" to match the colors, and I created the css for the horizontal nav out of one I had done for another site.

We are happy with the result, and since I'm no artist, I could not have come up with the heading background, footer and border designs.

So, Artisteer is not a complete solution, but it is a good start. The main advantage is quickly and easily seeing a lot of options in a hurry and then creating the starting point.

Pat
                        Pat Bremkamp
                        MindKicks Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by netfroguk View Post
                          Djamal
                          Did you have any success using Artisteer with A5?
                          Regards
                          Tony M
                          from Aldershot
                          Tony
                          I didn't have time to try to be honest with you.
                          I believe Pat answered your question. I had a look at the site www.cwc-info.com and it looks good. Thanks Pat.
                          Regards
                          Djamal
                          From Dubai

Comment

Thanks Pat...your response is appreciated.

I've been looking @ Artisteer for a while now BECAUSE I to...do not have the design skills required to make pretty/attractive web sites. Without doubt Artisteer presents a varying combination of colurs/layouts/navigation options etc to help a developer utilise & include in their website. It's a great tool for non designers & essential for a web developers toolkit.

I only wish that Steve Woods could somehow allow it to be merged/incorporated into his excellent 'Web Template'.
                            This has also impressed me & I intend purchasing it when I've finished my two current projects.

Regards
                            Tony M
                            from Aldershot

Comment

Thanks Djamal
                              I'm glad you were too busy to have tried Artisteer<g>

I spent a lot of time in 1966/67 living on the beach @ Jebel Ali when it was just sea/sand...I'm amazed @ what has been built there these last few years.

I wish you good fortune in 2010 with A5V10.
                              Regards
                              Tony M
                              from Aldershot

Comment

Working...
                              X