Alpha Video Training

Thread: Set Suggestion - Array Create

Real Name
    Ryland Wiltshire

Default Set Suggestion - Array Create

Hi,

I was just informed that we needed to add logic that made sure tha a customer had the right secutity before a particular product category type can be issued. Since I already have this type of information available at the header record for the product category type, that is ok. However, the acrual validation routine is not run until I get to the cansave event in the line entry browse.

Since the Product type is not available to me until I'm on the data entry line, that is where I need to check against up to potential 25 Categories ( that based upon the customer file). Then the question becomes, how would I load up those up 25 items in an array, and have a cansave event validate against those catagories? I thought maybe I could create a set, based upon the customer and category, but I then would have to create and perform another find within the cansave event based on that set.

However, since I already know at the header level what those records are, it would appear I could load then in a tempory file (or array) and check against those records without doing another find.....has anyone done something simular to this ?? Ryland

Real Name
    Ryland Wiltshire

Default Re: Set Suggestion - Array Create

Never mind, I see a post for multi-dimensional arrays that should solve the issue. When I placed array in for the initial serach, the multi should have preceded it......Ryland