Alpha DevCon 2018

Thread: 10004-[QODBC] Error

Real Name
    Judy Brenneke

Default 10004-[QODBC] Error

Could not create local cache for data from your Database. Your Database reported the following error:
    Database API Specific Error
    Your database has returned the following error code and description to Alpha Five. COnsult your database documentation for further information.

10004-[QODBC] Error
    SQL state is: 42S00 while converting ResultSet to DBF table.

Help! I just downloaded the tool and was doing demo and can't get past this error. Have linked data and refreshed but this same error.

Real Name
    Elizabeth L

Default Re: 10004-[QODBC] Error

Judy,
    Was just curious if you found your answer? I receive the same message when I try to connect a couple different times when I don't set a parameter. Please let me know if you found anything out.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Brenneke View Post
    Could not create local cache for data from your Database. Your Database reported the following error:
    Database API Specific Error
    Your database has returned the following error code and description to Alpha Five. COnsult your database documentation for further information.

10004-[QODBC] Error

Help! I just downloaded the tool and was doing demo and can't get past this error. Have linked data and refreshed but this same error.

Real Name
    Alan Buchholz

Judy

Somehow I missed your posting.... Sorry about that. :( ( don't let us get away with that - ask again.. or at least until we answer.)

Elizabeth

Sounds like you are refreshing from a QB report. Some of those reports require a parameter to operate - just like they do when you run them from QB. ie - PL Budget vs Actual needs to know the budget year that you are looking at.

I typically setup the report and when I get to the part about parameters I press preview data and reset parameters until I get the data that I want.
    Al Buchholz
    Bookwood Systems, LTD
    Weekly QReportBuilder Webinars Thursday 1 pm CST

Occam's Razor - KISS
    Normalize till it hurts - De-normalize till it works.
    Advice offered and questions asked in the spirit of learning how to fish is better than someone giving you a fish.
    When we triage a problem it is much easier to read sample systems than to read a mind.

Real Name
    Elijah Gartin

Quote Originally Posted by Al Buchholz View Post
    Judy

Somehow I missed your posting.... Sorry about that. :( ( don't let us get away with that - ask again.. or at least until we answer.)

Elizabeth

Sounds like you are refreshing from a QB report. Some of those reports require a parameter to operate - just like they do when you run them from QB. ie - PL Budget vs Actual needs to know the budget year that you are looking at.

I typically setup the report and when I get to the part about parameters I press preview data and reset parameters until I get the data that I want.
    Hi Al,

The report we worked on a couple years ago is having this issue now. They upgraded to QB 2014, and it worked for February and now it won't refresh properly and they get this same error. They don't put in any parameters to do the refresh. It's all hard coded in.

I also sent you an email, a response in either location would be great. Thank you!

Real Name
    Alan Buchholz

Quote Originally Posted by EGartin View Post
    Hi Al,

The report we worked on a couple years ago is having this issue now. They upgraded to QB 2014, and it worked for February and now it won't refresh properly and they get this same error. They don't put in any parameters to do the refresh. It's all hard coded in.

I also sent you an email, a response in either location would be great. Thank you!
    Running against QB 2014 requires the appropriate QODBC driver and using a full or runtime version of Alpha.

A QODBC driver newer than 2011 won't work with QRB.

I also rest the optimizer file when I change QODBC versions. It's a button on the optimizer tab of the QODBC setup.
    Last edited by Al Buchholz; 04-10-2014 at 03:35 PM.
    Al Buchholz
    Bookwood Systems, LTD

Occam's Razor - KISS
    Advice offered and questions asked in the spirit of learning how to fish is better than someone giving you a fish.
    When we triage a problem it is much easier to read sample systems than to read a mind.

Real Name
    Jim Cockerham

I am having the same problem. I have 2 reports that we run monthly. In April they ran fine but now I get : 10004-[QODBC] Error
    when trying to refresh the invoice table. Has there been any progress on this problem?
    Thanks!

Real Name
    Alan Buchholz

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyc8 View Post
    I am having the same problem. I have 2 reports that we run monthly. In April they ran fine but now I get : 10004-[QODBC] Error
    when trying to refresh the invoice table. Has there been any progress on this problem?
    Thanks!
    Did you change versions of quickbooks?

What edition of Quickbooks and what table is generating the error?
    Al Buchholz
    Bookwood Systems, LTD

Occam's Razor - KISS

Real Name
    Jim Cockerham

Hi Al, We have not made any changes to Quickbooks. We are running QB Enterprise 13 and QODBC version 13 . It's the Invoice table that gives the error. The reports use the Customer and Invoice tables. The Customer table refreshes just fine. Could the Invoice table be too large?
    Thanks!

Real Name
    Alan Buchholz

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyc8 View Post
    Hi Al, We have not made any changes to Quickbooks. We are running QB Enterprise 13 and QODBC version 13 . It's the Invoice table that gives the error. The reports use the Customer and Invoice tables. The Customer table refreshes just fine. Could the Invoice table be too large?
    Thanks!
    The invoice table probably isn't too big. From QB press F2 to get the stats on list tables and how many transactions you have.

2 areas to check.

1. Run a verify from QB utilities to check the company file. Rebuild if needed.

2. Reset/delete the QODBC optimizer file. I don't remember if v13 has a reset on the QODBC setup screen. Otherwise find the <companyfile>.opt file in a hidden directory of My Documents/User (xp or win 7) and delete it. It'll rebuild automagically.
    Al Buchholz
    Bookwood Systems, LTD

Occam's Razor - KISS