Back in March I asked about session variables being held in memory beyond the server time out settings which generated some great discussions and ideas. http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...rningalert.a5w

Gary Traub asked what I considered the ultimate question being how to force the browser away from the alpha web app like you would see in a banking web sites after a set period of idle time. Both Gary and I have medical web sites and this would be a great feature to add.

I am using several of the techniques discussed in the previous thread but I still notice that the time out warnings will not always be 55 minutes or I will get multiple warnings - basically none of this functions exactly as expected particularly when you have multiple pages that the users will access.

I would like to re-open this topic to see if anyone has discovered yet a better or improved method of keeping the session variables alive during a session and to find a way to force a browser to exit if idle too long verses just a warning popup.

Thanks!