Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

InfoWorld - The year of AJAX, REST services, and Alpha Five v10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

InfoWorld - The year of AJAX, REST services, and Alpha Five v10

InfoWorld Article

The year of AJAX, REST services, and Alpha Five v10

http://blog.alphasoftware.com/search...ess%20coverage

Information on REST Services information
    http://www.imakenews.com/alphasoftwa...x000411083.cfm

comments on the article at the InfoWorld http://infoworld.com/d/developer-wor...t-services-090
    web sites would be welcome

Regards
    Richard Rabins
    Co Chairman
    Alpha Software

Re: InfoWorld - The year of AJAX, REST services, and Alpha Five v10

Hi Richard,

Is there any reason or a strategy for your regular distribution of AlphaFive AJAX and Webinfo to the desktop forum?
    Must I gather that Alpha wants to stop supporting the desktop?
    I worry about it.

If it's just to let us know that you are proud on how you do in the market I can understand it and then I 'll give you my compliments.
    For the desktop also I think there can be developped a lot of new stuff. Look at all the wishes we produced in the past.

I Hope you will take away my fear so I can jump encouraged into 2010.

Ton
    Most things are simple but unfortunately only after the first time

Comment

The comments posted at the end of the article are more interesting than the article itself.

As good as Alpha 5 may be, the Alpha team really needs to fix up their website since it is the first thing new prospects see and is not very representative of the qualify of the product it represents.
      John J. Fatte', CPA
      PRO-WARE, LLC
      Omaha, NE 68137

Comment

I agree. Not to get off topic from the article, but I really would like to see the Alpha site overhauled completely. I love the product and I'm using it every day for new apps, but the Alpha site is a mishmash of styles, content, references to old versions for trial downloads, and dead links for products apparently not even sold anymore (e.g. books from Intellectual Business on the books page). I'm afraid for Alpha's sake that the site discourages potential customers, and I imagine they want any sale they can get, just like any other company does. The site needs a consistent layout and up-to-the minute info. I remember back in the "old days" when I'd see the full-page ads for Alpha Four touting the database for non-programmers line, but the first line of exposure nowadays is the web site. First impressions can make or break a sale. Just my two-cents worth.

Comment

thanks for the input

Please don't worry - we have NOT forgotten the desktop

we have some very exciting work going on the desktop front as well!!

re the web site

It is in the process of being revamped and standardized and over the next few weeks you will see a very consistent look and feel emerging.

thanks and best wishes to all of you for 2010
          Richard Rabins
          Co Chairman
          Alpha Software

Comment

Originally posted by jjfcpa View Post
            The comments posted at the end of the article are more interesting than the article itself.
            Agree, in a comment I read Microsoft is using Alpha Five for internal apps and the person confesses also that their own product will take too much time time to redesign the site... Remarkable, I hope he has still his job next week...

Congratulations Alpha
            Marcel

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
            ---- Confusius ----

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel Kollenaar View Post
              ... in a comment I read Microsoft is using Alpha Five for internal apps and the person confesses also that their own product will take too much time time to redesign the site... Remarkable, I hope he has still his job next week...
              Yeah, I read that as well. I would take that with a HUGE grain of salt. There is absolutely no way to substantiate that comment. But, I agree, it would be nice if it turned out to be true.
              Peter
              AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
              https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

Working...
              X