Alpha Video Training

Thread: Tabbed UI, Grid, Scroll to detail View

Real Name
    Joe

Default Tabbed UI, Grid, Scroll to detail View

Hi Guys...

Curious if anyone else is having this issue. I have a grid on a Tabbed UI. The Grid is set to "Scroll to Detail View" in the Properties section. Works fine when I preview it either "working preview" or in browser. I add the grid to the Tabbed UI and when selecting the record on the grid it doesn't scroll to the detailed view.

Joe

Alpha Software Employee Selwyn Rabins's Avatar
    Real Name
    Selwyn Rabins

Default Re: Tabbed UI, Grid, Scroll to detail View

Quote Originally Posted by cavj1 View Post
    Hi Guys...

Curious if anyone else is having this issue. I have a grid on a Tabbed UI. The Grid is set to "Scroll to Detail View" in the Properties section. Works fine when I preview it either "working preview" or in browser. I add the grid to the Tabbed UI and when selecting the record on the grid it doesn't scroll to the detailed view.

Joe
    if you have the 'scroll to detail view' property checked, the grid uses this function from the a5 ajax library.

$swto()

(short for 'scroll window to')

i suspect that this function was not built to take into account the complexities of a tabbed UI.

we will have to investigate.

in the mean time, instead of showing the detail view 'on page' (the default), i would suggest switching to showing it in a pop-up ajax window. then it will automatically have focus when it is opened.

Real Name
    Joe

Default Re: Tabbed UI, Grid, Scroll to detail View

Thanks Selwyn...I originally had it set this way but we've added a button that opens another tab for the user to enter the "Insured Limits" information. This was a ajax pop-up as well but users didn't like all the windows on top of each other as "Limits" has three sections that open pop-ups to enter subjectivities, limit profile, and endorsements. Essentially the user could wind up with 5 windows open for one account. To help with this we opened the "Limits" section in a new tab and named the tab {COVERAGE} Limits - {LOCAL_INSURED}. User's were more comfortable with this and wound up with less windows open.

Joe