Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

CodeJock ActiveX Calendar Control...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CodeJock ActiveX Calendar Control...

Don,

The help files are OK.

OLE Automation Object Browser
    If you are standing in the A5 OLE Automation Object Browser and select an item on the tabs Properties, Methods, Objects, Events and Types you can get help with the question mark object help in that window. It links you to the CodeJock help files. I'm trying to get access the interface: CalendarHitTestInfo. Problem is that the help grayed out. Maybe someone else has knowledge to get access to the interface on the types tab. I tried to dim an variable with that type but is tells me that the type isn't made.

Method syntax
    In the OLE Automation Object Browser you can select several interfaces in the Type tab. A lot of interfaces and their methods are shown with a method syntax. When I select CalendarHitTestInfo there is no example for the method syntax and no help link.

Edit:
    Stupid :o: I'm looking at properties and an Interface. Still how do get access to the Interface: CalendarHitTestInfo
    Last edited by Marcel Kollenaar; 01-09-2010, 09:25 AM.
    Marcel

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
    ---- Confusius ----

Comment

This works:

activeView = xcal.object.ActiveView
      hitTest = activeView.HitTest()
      viewEvent = hitTest.HitDateTime
      ui_msg_box("OnDoubleClick",viewEvent)

Now I need to figure out how to establish "SetDataProvider" the connection string to my table. Maybe I should create an mysql tbl for that?

Comment

Don,

Perfect, I tried something else but that was in a complete wrong direction. :D

Nice to have this working. Bit by bit, things get unraveled in using this component in A5. The component self is quite intimidating complex at first sight.

When this is done write a book: "How to use the CodeJock component in Xbasic and Xdialog".
        Marcel

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
        ---- Confusius ----

Comment

Hey guys, I've got a pretty functional calendar in Form base, and I was wondering if you could answer a question. I need to get the date and time back in a character format. I found the dtoc and all the functions that return the DATE in character format, but can't find anything to get the time back into character format. I'd be willing to share what i have in a sample database once this question is answered. Thanks

Comment

Hi Adam,
            Not sure exactly if you want to convert a Time or a Date. To convert a Time back to character you could use: CTIME() or CShortTime() or CTOT().
            If that's not what your looking for give me the format you want to return... ie. "02/15/2006 09:27:16 91 am"

Don

btw, included a more recent version of xdialog...

Originally posted by audrummer15 View Post
            ... to get the time back into character format.

Comment

There's also this if your using a variable:
              CONVERT_TYPE() converts variables from one data type to another, preserving the data if possible.

Comment

Fixed it. I'll post a small sample here soon(doesn't have huge functionality yet, but just to show another option from xDialog)
                Last edited by audrummer15; 01-15-2010, 05:19 PM.

Comment

I see you may not need it anymore... but here might be some options..

dim vEventID as c
                  vEventID = trim(str(HitTest.ViewEvent.Event.Id)
                  table.external_record_content_get("xCalendar", "Eventid", "", "Eventid="+s_quote(var->vEventID))

or...

dim vEventID as c
                  tbl=table.open("xCalendar",FILE_RW_SHARED)
                  t.fetch_find(vEventID)
                  tbl.close()

Fixed it. I'll post a small sample here soon(doesn't have huge functionality yet, but just to show another option from xDialog)

Comment

Actually...

dim vEventID as c
                    tbl=table.open("xCalendar",FILE_RW_SHARED)
                    indx_1 = t.index_primary_put("Eventid")
                    t.fetch_find(vEventID)
                    tbl.close()

Comment

One more quick question.. I have an event editing form, and when it comes up, you have to press F3 to allow edits to the text boxes and things on the form. Is there not something I can do to make it always allow edits because I can not find it? Thanks, I'll post the sample after I figure this out

Comment

Well I didn't get the f3 thing fixed, so when the form pops up to add an event to the calendar you MUST FIRST PRESS F3 or right click the form and click Allow Edits, before you can type or anything, hopefully someone can tell me how to fix that. Not everything on that form works. Pay attention to the toolbar while you are looking at the actual Calendar. Have fun and post any finds or any comments

Comment

Sure.... on the oninit event of the form you have the data_entry_style set to "modal". Also, on the form properties, you also have that set to "Modal". They need to be "modeless" to add data without hitting f3 or clicking allow edits.

btw..
                          Thanks for posting your example! I understand why you are using a form. You might want to consider an xdialog. Open my example and try it out. You'll see some functionality that you can't do easily on a form (like resizing). Oh, I am using a more recent version of CodeJock than what you have... so I think you'll have to update that before mine works (just change this in my code: "codejock.calendarcontrol.13.2.1").

Don

Well I didn't get the f3 thing fixed, so when the form pops up to add an event to the calendar you MUST FIRST PRESS F3 or right click the form and click Allow Edits, before you can type or anything, hopefully someone can tell me how to fix that. Not everything on that form works. Pay attention to the toolbar while you are looking at the actual Calendar. Have fun and post any finds or any comments
                          Last edited by djldc; 01-15-2010, 06:29 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

oh... and I'm not sure why, BUT on the "Properties" of the form you also have ALL restrictions checked. That is what is preventing data from being entered. Make sure they are unchecked (or at least the ones you want).

Comment

Adam!!! GREAT WORK!!! JUST GOT THIS THING GOING. I can now add events! THANK YOU!!!!

Comment

No problem Don! Glad I could help! Thanks for helping with the F3 thing too. I could have sworn I unchecked all of those and set to modeless.. but I might have left it modal in code. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                                X