Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Fatal error running a5_ajax_grid(): Property not found grid.ActionButtonHTMLTemplate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatal error running a5_ajax_grid(): Property not found grid.ActionButtonHTMLTemplate

Anyone seen this error? Everything runs fine locally, but this comes up when published to WAS.

Fatal error running a5_ajax_grid(): Property not found grid.ActionButtonHTMLTemplate subelement not found.

I need to know what it is referring to, so I can track the fix. I don;t know where/what the ActionButton is. My guess is it's Alpha code.

I should note that it is coming up in a TabbedUI with linked grid content. It occurs after the search is sent.

SORRY - I just realized this belonged in the WEB forum.
    Last edited by Editor; 02-01-2010, 10:06 AM. Reason: Wrong forum
    David Shaw
    Manager of Media Services and User Support
    Cleveland Museum of Art
    Cleveland, Ohio

Re: Fatal error running a5_ajax_grid(): Property not found grid.ActionButtonHTMLTempl

The patch over the weekend produced that for me. However, the latest patch fixed it, 2731_3522.
    Steve Wood
    See my profile on IADN

Comment

Re: Fatal error running a5_ajax_grid(): Property not found grid.ActionButtonHTMLTempl

i did get this error when i reverted to a previous build and ran the app on my VPS. once I updated to the latest build, it fixed the error.

hope this helps

Melvin

Comment

i'm running the latest patch (3522) and i'm still getting it on a linked grid within a grid. anyone find any specific causes of this error?

Comment

Yes, still getting the error. I had to take the WAS back to pre 27xx patches and roll back V10 to get things working again. I'm going to let the dust settle before doing any development for the next few days.

Steve - Patch 2731_3522 caused some other issues on this end.
          Last edited by Editor; 02-01-2010, 02:39 PM. Reason: note to steve
          David Shaw
          Cleveland Museum of Art
          Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Work around:

Revert V10 and server to patch 2650
            Was then able to create an error within 2 of the grids in the linked content section. They produced this same message.
            Removed 2 grids from linked content
            Republished
            System restored to normal.

Added 1 of the offensive grids back in - problem returned.
            Removed same - page operation restored.

Conclusion:
            Problem with a linked grid (2 of 7), possibly corruption, resulted in the error message when the page loaded.
            Will fix these two grids (tonight) and report results.
            Last edited by Editor; 02-01-2010, 03:00 PM. Reason: puctation
            David Shaw
            Cleveland Museum of Art
            Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Corrected the offending grids.
              Open it, dirty a parameter, save, close.
              Open again, fix above, save and republish.
              Add to the Linked Content section.
              Tested and seems fixed.
              Websites up, server running well.
              David Shaw
              Cleveland Museum of Art
              Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Hello.. getting same Error:
                Fatal error running a5_ajax_grid(): Property not found grid.ActionButtonHTMLTemplate subelement not found.

(Happens to only one of of 20 grids in a Tabbed UI- after I had extended a field width.
                1) This morning installed v10 patch build 2731_3522
                2) Then I edited the table structure and extended the length to a character field..then published the changes.
                3) Next I extended the field length in the grid itself, then published the grid.
                4) I had also changed all the Buttons in the Tabbed UI to LINKS and re-published the Tabbed UI.

Can run all the components locally, only the one item that was edited results in this error????
                [email protected]
                Los Angeles, CA
                cell/home 323-663-4735

Comment

I have the same exact probelm and will simply like to rollback to to bild 2383_3327...
                  How do I do a rollback?
                  Will this solve the problem?

This error occurs on a Grid with linked grid only too.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sango View Post
                    I have the same exact probelm and will simply like to rollback to to bild 2383_3327...
                    How do I do a rollback?
                    Will this solve the problem?

This error occurs on a Grid with linked grid only too.

Thanks
                    Roll back to Build 2659-3515. Just run that patch and it will overwrite whatever you have currently.
                    ---
                    P.S. That's a good leopard.
                    Peter
                    AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
                    https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

Originally posted by Peter.Greulich View Post
                      Roll back to Build 2659-3515. Just run that patch and it will overwrite whatever you have currently.
                      ---
                      P.S. That's a good leopard.
                      Fantastic...thanks

Sango

Comment

My error....I ass-u-me d that the WAS was also updated to the latest greatest, it wasn't...:o
                        [email protected]
                        Los Angeles, CA
                        cell/home 323-663-4735

Comment

I still have this or similar problems on latest version, 2736-3523. However I also find that if I use Firefox the problem is resolved. IE produces the fatal error, Firefox works.
                          Steve Wood
                          See my profile on IADN

Comment

I have the same problem with the new patch and i cannot fix it
                            This is the error message...

Fatal error running a5_ajax_grid(): Error loading object from XML assigning XML property of SQL::Arguments Your database has returned the following error code and description to Alpha Five. Consult your database documentation for further information. 1000 - 'The system cannot find the file specified. C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\GridInstance_61b37471-a2c5-424e-bee7-0baffceda6e6.b' args.XML subproperty cannot be assigned to

I tried deleting, rebuilding, republishing etc all the possible solutions but nothing works...

too many problems with the new patch. a problem after the other...

I cannot work any more...
                            Days now we are spending our energy on trying to make simple things run as they should. we cannot think or plan for our applications...

Please Alpha 5 fix it

Comment

hmmmm...I went back and viewed this in IE without getting the error messages.
                              [email protected]
                              Los Angeles, CA
                              cell/home 323-663-4735

Comment

Working...
                              X