Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

A10 server will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A10 server will not start

Hello
    I downloaded Build 2727-3521 Jan 29-2010 and now my A5V19 sever will not start.

Maybe its a licence problem as if I start from A5ApplicationServer.exe I get Alpha Five Application Server Version 10(Unlicensed) as in the attached image.

Can anyone say where I can re insert my license number please?
    Many Thanks
    John
    Sorry
    Should be V10 server will not start
    Last edited by JH10; 02-02-2010, 06:33 AM. Reason: error in title

Re: A10 server will not start

In the application server tab [sessions] type the number and press activate.
    I think it's better to wait until the problems are solved with the latest patch.

Comment

Thanks
      I went into sessions and placed the license key for
      Alpha Five v10 Developer's Edition (upgrade) and get a message that this license has already been activated on another computer.
      This is correct as I have it on a machine here which I use for testing for port 80 use. This machine is switched off at the moment.

Maybe I should not be able to do this?

Comment

Your allowed to have two developer versions by laptop and PC.
        For the developer version activate the key is oke to develop under localhost , otherwise if you bought the WAS server you have to install that on the WAS application, that is a separate product.

Comment

I have a file called A5ApplicationServer.exe on both the Dev Machine and the test server.
          From what I understand this file should only be installed to the test server?
          At the moment the A5V10 test server will not start either.

Stange its always worked until now!
          I see I can remove this via Change Remove programs Alpha Five V10 Application Server on the development Machine.

Maybe I should reinstall a previous version. Any idea what number would be a good idea?
          Thanks
          John

Comment

If you installed the latet patch then that's it, go back an edition. There is a problem with the patch.
            Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
            Albert Einstein, (attributed)
            US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Comment

Originally posted by JH10 View Post
              I have a file called A5ApplicationServer.exe on both the Dev Machine and the test server.
              The developer edition has a localhost-only application server built in. But you must own a license for the web server to be able to run the web app server and access it from another machine. If you only have the developer edition then you should not be able to access the web app server from another machine for more than 30 minutes (I think there is a demo mode that makes it accessible for 15-30 minutes after starting up).

Comment

Thanks
                I have license numbers for these:

Alpha Five v10 Application Server (upgrade)
                Alpha Five v10 Runtime (upgrade)
                Alpha Five v10 Developer's Edition (upgrade)

Have had no problems previously.

Comment

John,

Read the latest release notes from this morning. You need to delete an xml file to make the latest patch work. Make sure you restart the server after deleting the file in question.
                  Peter
                  AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
                  https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

John,

On second thought, just roll back to Build 2659-3515. There are too many bugs in the current patch.
                    Peter
                    AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]

Comment

Thanks Peter,
                      I will do that. I was getting confused as I was looking at the files at the top as being the latest. It would help if the issue date was included.

Perhaps I can just confirm my understaning is correct

1 Alpha Five v10 Application Server (upgrade)
                      The above item is the server that is placed on a public web server for use on the internet. Only one license serves multiple web sites (domain)

The above items are can be used on the developer and or the web server?

Cheers
                      John

Comment

John:

Alpha Five v10 Application Server (upgrade)
                        The above item is the server that is placed on a public web server for use on the internet.

Correct

Only one license serves multiple web sites (domain)

Strictly speaking, one license serves one domain. There are ways to get around this. See http://support.alphasoftware.com/Wha...0/NewInV10.htm (How to run multiple applications or web sites by using multiple Application Server configuration files)

RT is desktop only, period.

The above items are can be used on the developer and or the web server?

This is how you create a database and/or a web application. You can apply your App Server license # to the developer platform in lieu of the app server, but that probably doesn't make sense in most cases. Develop locally, host publicly.

Hope that makes sense?
                        Peter
                        AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]

Comment

Thanks for that explanation Peter it certainly helps to make what's what clearer.
                          I decided to have a cleanup so:

I removed the Alpha Five v10 Application Server (upgrade)
                          from (this) my developer Machine and have placed it on my server.

I completely uninstalled the original files of Alpha Five v10 Developer's Edition (upgrade) and Alpha Five v10 Runtime (upgrade) and then reinstalled these on my developer machine.

On this developer machine when I open Alpha Five v10 Developer's Edition the application server will not start.
                          If I go to web application/ server/ Sessions and add the Alpha Five v10 Developer's Edition license number and activate I get the message:

That license key (******) has already been activated on another computer.
                          It must be deactivated on that other computer before it can be activated here.

Any ideas what to do please?

Comment

What operating system are you running on your server? I ran into this with MS 2008 Server
                            Tommy Thompson
                            Thompson Consulting Services
                            Beautiful Kentucky Lake, Springville, TN 38256
                            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by JH10 View Post
                              That license key (******) has already been activated on another computer.
                              It must be deactivated on that other computer before it can be activated here.
                              First delete the xml file on your developer machine. I assume that you activated the app server license on your developer machine? If so, put the license number back in and deactivate it. Then go to the server and activate it there.
                              Peter
                              AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X