Alpha Video Training

Thread: Option to "Clear grid when no search active"

Real Name
    Christopher Garside

Default Option to "Clear grid when no search active"

I want an empty grid when no search is active (such as when the grid is first initialised and after a search is cleared).

I am sure this is possible using Javascript events, but I am for all practical purposes, a non-programmer.:o

That being said, I would appreciate any ideas on how to do it in the interim!

Chris

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Frank Bicknell

Default Re: Option to "Clear grid when no search active"

Using the Grid Contains a 'Search' Part option under Component Type. In the properties there is an option to 'Hide Grid When no Search Active'. This will hide the grid at start up. If you use a combo box field to search you caould add an empty string "" as an option at the beginning of the list which would match nothing. Unless of course you have records with empty values in your search field.

Real Name
    Christopher Garside

Default Re: Option to "Clear grid when no search active"

Quote Originally Posted by frankbicknell View Post
    Using the Grid Contains a 'Search' Part option under Component Type. In the properties there is an option to 'Hide Grid When no Search Active'. This will hide the grid at start up. If you use a combo box field to search you caould add an empty string "" as an option at the beginning of the list which would match nothing. Unless of course you have records with empty values in your search field.
    Hi Frank,
    I get what you mean, but the 'hide' option does not give me the desired affect.

I dont want the grid hidden at any point, just empty, like an excel worksheet, when no search is active. This is partly because i am not mad about interfaces that change shape/size/visibility, preferring a more structured interface for some apps.

But most of all I want the search to have the affect of a pessimistic filter. No search, no data. I would think it would be quite an important feature from a security point of view.

Cheers
    Chris