Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

How to Place Button on Bottom of GRID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to Place Button on Bottom of GRID

you have: this._newValue

'this._newValues' is not what you want.

are you copying code you saw somewhere? if so, where are you copying form? (we need to fix it)

if you click a button, then 'this' refers to the button you clicked. this button does not have a _newValues array.

_newValues is a property of the Grid Object.

so if in your Javascript that you define, you used a placeholder for the grid alias, e.g.

{grid.object}._newValues

then at runtime, {grid.object} will get replaced by the actual grid object alias and so your code will read (assuming that the grid alias was 'GRID1')

GRID1_GridObj._newValues

which is correct.

Comment

Selwyn,

i didn't get notified of your post - sorry - i would have replied earlier.

i followed the instructions in the tutorial named: "Initiate an Ajax Callback from Button in Grid" on http://tutorials.micromediastudios.com/

The 'code' assigned to the button is copied from the code when creating a button with an AjaxCallback action.

{grid.Object}.ajaxCallback('G','{Grid.RowNumber}:none','xbAjaxCB','','');

i have tried running this in Live Preview, Working Preview and after publishing - they all return an error.

Please let me know if you want me to create a project for this.

i'm using v10 build 2814, with system addins build 3539

thanks,

Robert
      Earl Allin
      REAInc.net

We can help you with mentoring and custom programming services in Alpha, .NET, React, PHP, ColdFusion, and more..

Comment

bump, bump.

I just installed the latest revision of AlphaSoftware - from Jun 10th, and still getting this problem.

I've attached a sample project with the grid that's returning this error.

If anyone out there can help, i'd appreciate it.

you'll need mysql to test - i've included the .sql to create the test database.

Thanks,

Robert
        Earl Allin
        REAInc.net

We can help you with mentoring and custom programming services in Alpha, .NET, React, PHP, ColdFusion, and more..

Comment

:( How to Place Button on Bottom of GRID

i just tried this project with v10.5 and got the same results.

Still have no idea how to move forward on this.

robert
          Earl Allin
          REAInc.net

Comment

Re: :( How to Place Button on Bottom of GRID

Originally posted by workaholic06 View Post
            i just tried this project with v10.5 and got the same results.

Still have no idea how to move forward on this.

robert
            Your javascript function declaration is the problem

You have

Code:
            function myAjaxCallback(){
            {grid.Object}.ajaxCallback('G','{Grid.RowNumber}:none','xbAjaxCB','','');
            }
            This CANNOT work. You are using the {Grid.rowNumber} placeholder in a GLOBAL javascript function. I.e. a function that appears in the generate page ONCE. Using the {grid.rowNumber} placeholder is ONLY appropriate for Javascript that appear in each row of the Grid. That's because when the page is rendered, the {gird.rownumber} is replaced by the row number of the current row.

but in a Global Javascript function, {grid.rownumber} is meaningless and is not replaced by anything. so it appears to javascript at runtime as a Json object, which it is not, and hence the runtime error.

If you change your code to this, it will work:

Code:
            function myAjaxCallback(){
            {grid.Object}.ajaxCallback('G','','xbAjaxCB','','');
            }

Comment

Thanks Selwyn, that definitely fixed it.
              Earl Allin
              REAInc.net

Comment

Ok - a quick question on this.

is it possible to change the cursor when the user clicks the button on this?

my function takes a few seconds to run (4-5) and it's not clear if the button was pressed.

if i can't change the cursor to an hourglass or in progress, or whatever, is there a way to disable the button so they can't click it again while the function is running?

thanks,

robert
                Earl Allin
                REAInc.net

Comment

Originally posted by workaholic06 View Post
                  Ok - a quick question on this.

is it possible to change the cursor when the user clicks the button on this?

my function takes a few seconds to run (4-5) and it's not clear if the button was pressed.

if i can't change the cursor to an hourglass or in progress, or whatever, is there a way to disable the button so they can't click it again while the function is running?

thanks,

robert
                  i seem to recall that your button is doing an action javascript ajax callback.

before you do the callback, you could disable the button.

then when your callback completes, you could enable the button by putting in the javascript to enable the button as part of the response from the ajax callback.

Comment

Javascript Onclick event

A5.msgBox.show('Submitted...','<div style=\'padding: 20px;\'>Please wait while the process completes.</div>','none',function() {});

Javascript to be done after Ajax has completed the callback.

A5.msgBox.hide();

I use the above on lots of my grids in the on submit search event I have not tried this for what you are doing but it works really nice on my stuff. Its a great feedback for the user that the request has been sent.
                    Chad Brown

Comment

Thanks Chad - that helped.
                      Earl Allin
                      REAInc.net

Comment

Bob I want to put the button on the bottom that works fine, but how can I make it when people click on it that is opens up another grid in a windows?

{grid.componentName}_G_ALIAS_1({grid.rownumber},'{grid.rowId}',this);

Above is what I copied into the JavaScript Function declaration, would that work?

Comment

Working...
                        X