Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Custom "submit" button - how to dim it when not dirty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom "submit" button - how to dim it when not dirty

I am looking for a way to dim my custom "submit" buttons to only show at 100% when a field is dirty, just like the stock save/submit buttons on a grid.

I am sure it is just one more line of javascript . . . but I have been unable to find it.

If someone knows that would be a great help.

Thanks!

Re: Custom "submit" button - how to dim it when not dirty

I'll do a video tutorial on this ASAP when I can find the time.

In the meantime ...

Give your button an id, I'll use id = "btnClose"

Then in the onGridRender event add this code :

Code:
    $('btnClose').disabled=true;
    And in the onRowStateChange event add this code :

Code:
    $('btnClose').disabled= e.isDirty ? false:true;
    Also be aware that

In IE, when the button is disabled, it is rendered by IE in a manner this clearly looks disabled.
    However, in Firefox, disabled buttons do not appear to be disabled (even though they are not clickable).
    The following technique can be used to address this issue:

In the Grid, define some local CSS (in the Local CSS property)

button:disabled{
    opacity: .5;
    }
    Bob Moore

Comment

Bob - thanks for the response. This looks like the perfect solution.

One stupid question that I am blanking on: how do I set the button to have an id?

I have the rest all set and ready to go.

Thanks again Bob.

Comment

Here's an example that you might place in the Custom Grid Toolbar or in a free form area.

Code:
        <button button class="{Grid.style} Button"[B] id ="btnClose"[/B] onclick=window.location="done.a5w">Close</button>
        Bob Moore

Comment

Re: Custom &quot;submit&quot; button - how to dim it when not dirty

Bob,

Sorry about having so many questions. So with this example, a button will end up on the grid frame and it is calling an a5w page it looks like (done.a5w)? I guess from there I would write some xbasic?

So what if I have a button placed on the grid (actually I have several save buttons at different locations on this one page - long page I know). I want the client to feel that they could hit save at will but know when these buttons are dirty or not. I have save buttons there now that work with the javascript to save on submit, just want to dim those buttons if possible now. Am I missing something here?

Thanks for your help!

Comment

It's just an example.

You can make a button do anything you want. Call a Javascript function, inline Javascript, redirect to an A5W page, redirect to a PHP page .. whatever.

Forget about my re-direct .. it's irrelevant. I was just trying to show you how to assign an id to a button. It's just plain old HTML.

How did you add your buttons? If you used HTML to add a button to a freeform area your code should look somewhat similar. All you need to do is add the attribute id="whatever" to the button.
            Bob Moore

Comment

LOL

Well you know that you have become the Javascript Guru who presents such detail directions . . . it is like, well if Bob says this is how you do it - then it has to be . . .exactly as Bob says!

No, I am sorry I am not totally getting it yet - but I see I am very close!

I am using buttons generated by Alpha button option within the grids using the inline javascript with the "{grid.Object}.submitGridPart();" code.

So in this example, how would I identify this button to have the attribute as "id=btnSave" . . for example.

Thank you once again for your help.

Comment

You can't assign an ID to the buttons that Alpha is generating for you. You will have to use the id's that Alpha assigns.

You can check these using Firebug.

A typical id might be GRID1.V.R1.UNBOUND_BUTTON_1 but the R# will change based on the row number that holds the button and if it is contained in a new row it will use R-1 ... etc.

In a grid you can reference the button id using placeholders like :

{Grid.ComponentName}.V.R{Grid.RowNumber}.UNBOUND_BUTTON_1

I wouldn't use Alpha's buttons to do what you are looking for. You can but it's easier to manage on your your own. You can create your own buttons in a freeform area or in the custom grid toolbar or even in the column headers as I've described and then just use inline Javascript tied to the button onclick event to submit the grid part.
                Bob Moore

Comment

Working...
                X