Alpha Video Training

Thread: Button to open grid doesn't work if user doesn't have update security rights

Real Name
    Ken King

Default Button to open grid doesn't work if user doesn't have update security rights

There is a button on a page that opens a grid on-click. If a user has Update permissions for the page, the popup grid opens as expected. If the user does not have Update permission, they get an error and the popup grid does not open. Any ideas?

HTML Code:
    Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; InfoPath.2; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MS-RTC EA 2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
    Timestamp: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 22:59:04 UTC

Line: 3402
    Char: 24
    Code: 0
    URI: http://webster/javascript/a5.js

Line: 229
    Char: 74
    Code: 0
    URI: http://webster/Locator.a5w?Locator_filter=BusinessStatus>=1 and BusinessStatus<=5

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Chris Tappan

Default Re: Button to open grid doesn't work if user doesn't have update security rights

I can't answer your question directly, but you could assign security groups to the button itself and then it wouldn't even appear if they didn't have permissions...

Real Name
    Ken King

Default Re: Button to open grid doesn't work if user doesn't have update security rights

Thanks for the reply. I need user who don't have Update permission, to still be able to click the button and open the grid.

Anyone know why you would need update permission to click a button?

Real Name
    Ken King

My work around was to put the button in a Linked Grid/Content below my current grid. I was supprised to find that the linked grid only shows for people that have Update Permissions. In my case, I decided that would be okay for only those users to have access to the data in that grid.

I first tried to put security in the Row Properties section for that field but that change also caused errors.