Alpha Video Training
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Ajax Call back problem with 'e.V'

  1. #1
    Member
    Real Name
    Vaughn Seward
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    184

    Default Ajax Call back problem with 'e.V'

    Problem:
    I have created an Ajax call back on a grid (from a button on the main grid, not in the Detail section).

    The call has the _getData=true as "additional data to set", and "Compute current row data" is checked.

    In the xBasic function, updateAccessDB(), I used the following to get columns in the data from the grid:

    dim currRow as p
    currRow = eval("e.V.R" + e._currentRow)
    ...
    dim args as sql::arguments
    args.add("Id", currRow.ApplicatorId)

    ...

    This works perfectly on the development machine. However, when the a5 component is installed on the server I get an error (see attached screen shot) that says that the 'e.V' subelement is not found.

    How is the 'e' object transported from the browser to the server? Is it possible the the server is interfering somehow? Is there some setting that needs to be set somewhere?

    Everything in the app otherwise seems to be working okay.

    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

    Vaughn Seward

  2. #2
    Member
    Real Name
    Joel Lustigman
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    41

    Default Re: Ajax Call back problem with 'e.V'

    Hi

    Make sure that the server and your a5 are the same version and build

    Thanks

  3. #3
    Member
    Real Name
    Vaughn Seward
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    184

    Default Re: Ajax Call back problem with 'e.V'

    Quote Originally Posted by joellustigman View Post
    Hi

    Make sure that the server and your a5 are the same version and build

    Thanks
    You know, that was in the back of my mind as well, but I was quite sure that the builds were the same. But to my great surprise, we have found today that Development has build 3387_3602, and the Remote server has 3345_3595. So we therefore plan to update both servers over the weekend and hopefully that will solve the problem.

    p.s. does anyone know what these numbers actually represent?

    Thanks,
    Vaughn

Similar Threads

  1. Ajax call back post-populating fields from sql
    By phannon in forum Application Server Version 10 - Web/Browser Applications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 01:42 PM
  2. check box Selection Ajax Call Back
    By amarcelo in forum Application Server Version 10 - Web/Browser Applications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 03:41 PM
  3. Problem with lookup field comes back wrong
    By Atta in forum Application Server Version 9 - Web/Browser Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2009, 01:11 PM
  4. An Odd Problem with a Function Call
    By Mel Thompson in forum Alpha Five Version 8
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 05:09 PM
  5. (Don't know what to call this!)
    By Larry Perry in forum Alpha Five Version 4
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2000, 02:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •