Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Kaspersky playing havoc with Alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

We have had a spate of clients call this morning who cannot start their database programs. The V9 and V10 runtime does not start because Kaspersky Anti Virus software deletes files a5carded.dll and a5prop.dll.

Has anyone come across this?

Michael

Re: Kaspersky playing havoc with Alpha

Yes, just looking on here to see if anyone else has the problem. I am getting this error on 5uprop.dll too. I'm on the latest version of the Runtime.

Thanks
    Wise Alpha once said said to me...
    ..."Change must begin first."

Comment

RevMK

Have you found any solution yet?

Thanks
      Michael

Comment

Hi,

I don't have control over the Kaspersky control panel, my thought would be to add the a5prop.dll to the excluded file list. However until I can get admin rights to the server I'm stuck.

I have noticed that it only seems to remove the file when:
        1) The installer is run
        2) Repair is run
        3) Scan is run

So if your users can disable scheduled scans, the run time seems to work OK. Otherwise I guess we wait?!

Comment

For everyones reference, I am running:

- Latest version of Alpha 5 RT
          - Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0.4.1212 with DB: 11/11/2010 @ 06:17:00

--- edit ---

If you can submit the file to http://support.kaspersky.com/virlab/helpdesk.html we may be able to get them to remove it. Kaspersky support suggested it would not take more than a few hours for them to review it.
          Last edited by RevMK; 11-11-2010, 08:16 AM. Reason: Added link to report error with Kaspersky

Comment

Same thing with me, except that my Zone Alarm firewall (which is a Kaspersky product) has deleted the same files because it says they are infected with the Packed.Win32.Katusha.o virus.

I'm at a loss as to what I can do to fix this. I've deleted the infected files and downloaded a new copy of A5V10 from the A5 website, but as soon as I start to install the new version, the same virus message comes up. In fact, it now shows that all of my A5 "a5carded.dll and a5prop.dll" files are infected, included those located in previous version folders, such as V9.

How in the heck to we fix this?
            Sergeant Richard Hartnett
            Hyattsville City Police Department
            Maryland

Comment

Hi all

We are not users of Kaspersky so we cannot contact their support desk on behalf of our clients. If you are a registered user of Kaspersky can you please contact them via the Web support to see if a solution can be found.

Thanks
              Michael

Comment

Hi Rich,

Thanks for responding, good to know we are not alone (though sorry it has happened to you too).

If you can submit a report on the link I gave, I have been told that it is possible to fix the problem quite quickly. I haven't been able to submit the file though as Kaspersky is ensuring I get no access to it, and without admin privileges I am stuck. However I did submit a text request and included a link to the Alpha 5 trial which suffers with the same problem.

This is the link to the information about the detected 'virus' http://www.securelist.com/en/descrip...in32.Katusha.o

** EDIT **
                TEMPORARILY FIX
                1) Open Kaspersky
                2) Click Update
                3) Click 'Roll back to the previous databases'

This then stops the error occurring.
                Last edited by RevMK; 11-11-2010, 08:41 AM. Reason: Added fix.

Comment

I am having the similar problems with both Versions 9 and 10. In addition, when I tried downloading the latest Ver 10 Patch onto my laptop this morning Kaspersky advised it had a trojan and wouldn't allow me to install the patch.

Yesterday, there was a major problem on my desktop with Alpha Five Ver 9 which I could no longer run. Kaspersky kept telling me my computer was infected. I've been running scans all night and the problem won't go away. I even tried downloading a fresh, new version of Ver 10 and had the same exact problem. So now I cannot run Ver 9 or Ver 10 with Kaspersky.

Michael and his customers aren't alone on this issue. Obviously there's a major problem with everyone who uses Kasperksy and Alpha Five.

I'm running Windows 7 with the latest version of Kaspersky.
                  Last edited by rtbtat; 11-11-2010, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Ok all,

Response received from Kaspersky:

Hello,

Sorry, it was a false detection. It will be fixed in the next update.
                    Thank you for your help.

Best Regards, NewVirus

No idea when the next update is scheduled though, so I'll keep an eye out.

Comment

Hi all

We have had the below reply from Kaspersky customer service.

Can one of you do the below and paste the txt file here so we can carry out their request.

"Dear Sir,

As discussed can you please provide the sample A5prop.dll zipped.

Also if possible , on a machine displaying the problem , please open Kaspersky --> click on the quarantine symbol (Biohazard icon) on the main Kaspersky window.

Under �quarantined� please then select �all / all detected Malware� from the drop down menu.

Please then click on �save� and forward the .txt report to us for assessment.
                      Kind regards,
                      Jos Busby
                      Kaspersky Service Support Engineer"
                      Thanks
                      Michael

Comment

It would be great if someone from AlphaSoftware could immediately contact and work with Kaspersky to find out why this happened so we could quickly resolve the issue and hopefully avoid the same problem occurring again in the future.

As for the next update, Kaspersky runs daily updates and they also have major updates that may be weeks or months apart. Hopefully that Kaspersky representative was talking about the daily updates.

Comment

Not really helpful, but this is an inherent issue with any anti-virus software.....it has happened with probably with all of them at one time or another. Many times it is a hard to diagnose problem and so is actually really great that those here identified this problem so quickly.

Just a FYI,
                          but as soon as I start to install the new version, the same virus message comes up
                          ---anytime a known product is to be installed, it is usually advisable to turn off any anti-virus as many will block certain files (this has been the normal course of action ever since I started using computers with anti-virus software). Even if it seems to install correctly there may be issues later on down the line if a certain file was not installed that won't show up as a problem until using the software. It sounds like many here don't have that option.
                          Mike

Comment

I read Selwyn's message he received from Kaspersky, but I can say it hasn't been fixed. I ran Kaspersky's latest update and rebooted my machines to no avail.

On my laptop I can run A5 ver 10 but I cannot run the patch because Kaspersky reports a trojan. Thus far, nothing's changed.

On my desktop, I cannot open A5 Ver 9.

Comment

FWIW, the Kaspersky post/thread that Selwyn refers to is dated March 2009 and refers to katusha.b. I believe the current problem refers to katusha.o.
                              Fred

Comment

Working...
                              X