Alpha Video Training

Thread: Who has already connected to Google API's with Alpha Five?

Banned

Default Who has already connected to Google API's with Alpha Five?

At the moment, I am struggling to get a connection going between an Alpha Five desktop application and the Google Calendar API / Google Data API. I am wondering if anybody already traveled that road and if they succeeded.

I have the Authorization through Google ClientLogin working, and I get an Authorization code returned. After that, I am able to succesfully POST a new event to the calendar, and I receive a redirect from Google with a gsessionID.

The problem I am trying to solve now is, that when I follow up on that redirect as prescribed by Google, I am stuck with a 404 server error instead of a 201 success error status code.
    Something is obviously going wrong, but I can't determine what.
    The XML checks out OK with an external XML Parser (XML Marker).
    Something else must be wrong, but I can not determine what.

Who has any experience with connecting to Google API's, or is willing to walk this path together with me?
    Send me a private message if you feel for this, maybe we can develop a (limited!) Alpha Five Client Library?

Needless to say, that if we can pull this off, a whole world of features and connectivity will open, like Google Apps, Google Contacts, Graphs etc etc.

Banned

Default Re: Who has already connected to Google API's with Alpha Five?

Currently I am forming an interest group of Alpha Five Developers who are interested in taking part of a development group for the Alpha Five Google API Library.

The first goal is to tackle Google Authentication and connect to one of the Google Services, the Calendar Service.
    There is some code available already.

To make this more efficient, we have opened a special Google Site to cooperate.

If you are interested to join the taskforce, please send me an email and I will invite you to the site.
    My address is: MRichardAlpha@gmail.com

Grtz

"Certified" Alphaholic G Gabriel's Avatar
    Real Name
    G. Gabriel

Richard:
    I would have thrown my hat in, except I don't particularly like google calendar. One of the few things I don't like about google

Banned

This project is, of course, not limited to the Google Calendar.
    That is just a starting point chosen to make a working example of a successful connection between Alpha Five and "a" Google API.

After the working example is finished, we can proceed with other API's.

As you know, Google has quite a list of API's offering very powerfull features. There is a tsunami of API's being published, and it would be nice if Alpha Five had a library to connect to them.

See the list here

Banned

Default Want to Participate in Alpha Five Google API Project?

Hi guys!

At the moment I am working at a client library for Alpha Five in order to connect to Google API's.

This offers a wealth of possibilities and features with almost all Google Products connecting to your Alpha Five Application!

I now have a working example, with which you can send an appointment from any Alpha Five table to your Google online Calendar.

I am looking for Alpha Five Developers who are also interested in getting this to work for their own applications, and who are willing to participate in a project group to realize an Alpha Five Client Library to Google's API's.

What is needed is experience with xbasic and functions on the one hand and some experience with HTTP commands on the other hand, and a good motivation!

I have realized a workspace for this interestgroup in order to combine forces on Google Sites, and launched a private discussion group to discuss things.

If you are interested, send me an email and I'll invite you!
    Email to: MRichardAlpha@gmail.com

Real Name
    Roderick Silva

Any luck with this?
    Thanks,

Roderick Silva
    rodericksilva@gmail.com

About Me: rodericksilva.com
    Twitter: rodericksilva