Alpha Video Training

Thread: display image reference file images in a pdf report for web application

Real Name
    Larry mandras

Default display image reference file images in a pdf report for web application

I have a web application v10.5 that is running a MYSQL backend. I have images stored as image file references in the tables and the docs on the server. I have the need to display multiple images in a pdf report over the web based upon the records selected.

I tried using an image reference field, but it just prints/displays the path and file name that is stored in the database.

Any suggestions on where to look or has someone else done this successfully?

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    David Kates

Default Re: siplay image reference file images in a pdf report for web application

I haven't looked at reports up till now so thought I'd try this.

I'm not sure if I've got it right. Here are the steps I went through to create the attached report. The report is running as a PDF in a tabbed UI.

I had some DBF tables which I upsized to MySQL using the Upsizeing genie and now these tables are Linked tables. One table, tblProducts, has an Image Reference Field. Using just the Image Ref. Field I added an image to each record. Check the MySQL table after adding the images I saw the path was z:\a5webroot\images\[imagename].jpg. I knew this wasn't going to work, but I left it for now.

I created a report under A5, using the desktop tools. The report worked and displayed the images.

Then I created a tab ui control, and added my report.

The server is running on my LAN:

\\Servername\A5Webroot

The Project path is

\\Servername\A5Webroot\KobeSQL

Images path is

\\Servername\A5Webroot\KobeSQL\Images

Data files path is

\\Servername\A5Webroot\KobeSQL\Data

I published everything and ran the report and just got the fieldname in place of where the image should be... as I expected.

I got into MySQL and changed the image data to

\\Servername\A5Webroot\KobeSQL\Images\imagename.jpg

and re-ran the report and it works. Hope this helps.