Alpha Video Training

Thread: error - "a5.js" and "'this._keys.length' is null or not an object"

Real Name
    Edvins

Default error - "a5.js" and "'this._keys.length' is null or not an object"

How to deal with A5 error - "'this._keys.length' is null or not an object" and "a5.js"?

I have in all grids with checkbox selecting column cases (single & multiple pages) this error. Error appears in previously created or newly created grids with checkbox selecting column. All error cases give message 'this._keys.length' is null or not an object and points to the a5.js file.

Webpage error details:
    Line: 4925
    Char: 19
    Code: 0
    URI: http://localhost/LivePreview/javascript/a5.js
    The Bulk operation - update compiled files for AJAX grids do not help, still have error.
    I reinstalled my Alpha five and updated last updates and still have this error on the grids with checkbox column.

The Application server and the A5 have the equal updates. Previously published project pages with checkbox selecting column grids on application server are working good, but newly created comes with error. I searched and do not find the a5.js on my development machine and in published files on the A5 app server either.
    I do not know what to do...

Thanks for help,
    EDViNs

"Certified" Alphaholic kingcarol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol King

Default Re: error - "a5.js" and "'this._keys.length' is null or not an object"

I'm getting the same error, after selecting a different query (with same fields) on a grid that's been working fine for weeks. It has the checkbox column property turned on. When I turn it off (thanks to your thread here), the script error goes away. I've sent a bug report, but did you get this problem resolved? (I'm using V11 beta)
    Carol King
    Developer of Custom Homebuilders' Solutions (CHS)
    http://www.CHSBuilderSoftware.com

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Frank Bicknell

It has been a while but I think I remember that I was getting an error similar to that when I was using a view as a datasource in a grids query and did not manually set a primary key.
    Win 10 64 Development, Win 7 64 WAS 11-1, 2, Win 10 64 AA-1,2, MySql, dbForge Studio The Best MySQL GUI Tool IMHO. http://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/studio/

"Certified" Alphaholic kingcarol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carol King

THANK YOU! That was the problem. After selecting a different query for the grid, the primary key was lost even though the fields were the same. Hopefully this will now help someone else that is getting the same error.
    Carol King
    Developer of Custom Homebuilders' Solutions (CHS)
    http://www.CHSBuilderSoftware.com