Alpha Video Training

Thread: "Conditional style" view of Grid not recalculated after submitting Detail part

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Andy Gill

Default "Conditional style" view of Grid not recalculated after submitting Detail part

Hi all,

I need a bit of help with an application which lets me know when a deadline is approaching.

In a standard Grid w/ Detail part, I have a date field called "DueDate". If (DueDate - today's date) is less than 7 days, then the Grid row's text color should display RED. Otherwise, it can stay black. This font color change is currently set as a server-side "conditional style".

The Grid renders fine on startup, but when I edit a row (using the Detail part), the conditional style does not seem to take effect even though the data in the Grid has being refreshed. If I reload the grid completely, it shows correctly.

What is the best, easiest way to force the Grid part to be refreshed so that it displays as per the conditional style whenever a Detail part is submitted?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Regards,
    Andy.

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Andy Gill

Default Re: "Conditional style" view of Grid not recalculated after submitting Detail part

Can anyone confirm for me whether the "conditional style - server side" settings (e.g. make a grid row's text color red if some arbitrary condition is true) should be re-applied to the grid after a Detail part is submitted (default call-back behavior)?
    Thanks,
    Andy.