Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Edit user record in Security Framework with latest v11 update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This pertains to the latest update in v11. I have a dialog to edit the user information stored in my table and the corresponding user info in the Security Framework. I'm opening the dialog from a button in a grid which contains a list of the current users. I have the dialog pulling the user info from my table, but it's pulling the security data from the user defined in the onDialogInitialize event which is hard coded in the script.

My question is how to insert the variable there to pull the security data based on the record opened in that dialog from the grid.

Make sense?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Edit user record in Security Framework with latest v11 update

Here's the debugging info. The data from the regular table is correct. But the script is pulling the security data for 1001, which is the record sample specified in the default script. What would I enter in the script to make it relative to the record I'm opening?Screen shot 2011-12-08 at 2.00.45 PM.png

Comment

Let's try this a different way.

What would go in the [dim id as c = "1001"] line to pull the ID from the grid?

function onDialogInitialize as v (e as p)

'---------- Simulate a user value passed to the dialog for user with a primary key of 1 c = "1001"
      dim id as c = "1001"
      '---------- Set up variable to populate the 'UserRoles' radio control
      dim e.rtc.UserRoles as c

'---------- Use security function to populate the variable
      e.rtc.UserRoles = a5ws_GetGroupsDialog()

if e.rtc.UserRoles = "" then
      e.javascript = "alert('The Security Framework is not enabled.');"
      exit function
      end if

'To edit this action, place insertion point anywhere in the command, then click the 'Action Scripting' button'.
      ExecuteServerSideAction("Populate Dialog from Tables::LoadUser")

'To edit this action, place insertion point anywhere in the command, then click the 'Action Scripting' button'.
      ExecuteServerSideAction("Load Web Security Values::LoadSecurity")

'Inside e:
      'e.tmpl = Component definition
      'e.rv = Request variables
      'session = Session variables
      'e.rtc = Runtime calculations - you can use this to store data to be passed to other server side events
      'e.arguments = SQL::Arguments object with values for each of the arguments defined in this component. To read a value from arguments: e.arguments.find("argumentName").data

'You can set the initial value of any field by setting the property
      'e.control.<fieldname>
      'For example:
      'e.control.firstname = "Fred"
      'e.control.lastname = "Jones"

'To set the value of a field in a repeating section, you must use "_A5INSTANCE" and the instance number as a suffix on the fieldname.
      'For example:
      'e.control.firstname_A5INSTANCE2 = "Bob" 'sets the value in the 2nd row of the repeating section.

'To specify any javascript that you want to execute set the e.javascript property. For example:
      'e.javascript = "alert('hello');"

'You can set 'state' variables in this event. The value of any state variables will be available in all subsequent ajax callbacks.
      'To set a state variable:
      'e._set.myvar1 = "value1"
      'e._set.myvar2 = "value2"

end function

Comment

So... Where are the rest of the videos for this new component. Seems like no one has used it yet. The last video says there are more videos.

Comment

If I understand correctly your question, you have to select the Primary Key of the security record by customizing the load security action script -> When in Xbasic, press the action scripting button and choose edit action. Do not forget either to have a good publication of your security files (I was initially confused by the fact that the working preview has got other security files than the live preview ...)

On the other hand, you need to have initially saved in your table the username or ulink or guid somewhere (the populate table action will retrieve this data), so that the load security action finds a key to select further the security record.

I made yesterday a few grids using these new action scripting and I had no problem. I used build 3841.

Comment

I am also haviing problems.
            My security users table is in sql and the primary key is "UserId".
            So from my calling grid I have a button and in the onClick event have the action "Open a Web Page or PDF File" with the Page URL as:

user_modify.a5w?id={Userid}

In my new dialog (as per the v11 video) in the onDialogInitialize event I have the default script and in ExecuteServerSideAction("Populate Dialog from Tables::LoadUser") I use the variable "id". When I test this in "Working Preview" with a valid UserId it works.
            But when I call try it from the button I get the error:

"Populate Dialog from Tables Action did not run because of an error.
            Variable for Primary Key values not found. Variable name: id"

Any help most appreciated.
            Last edited by Garry Flanigan; 03-05-2012, 10:42 PM. Reason: tried another approach

Comment

If you want pass sessions vars into the dialog you have to publish first. Then call your session var from a javascript in captial letters.
              This will not work <UserID> this is correct <USERID>

Comment

Eric, I forgot about the capital letters bit - doh!!
                Unfortunately did not solve my problem.
                What method do you use to open the dialog on a selected record?

Comment

The solution for me was in the server-side event onDialogInitialize where I did as follows:

dim id as c = e.rv.USERID

My only issue now is that in Version 2466-3883 it is not displaying UserRoles properly - I get a phantom group of all the existing groups which is selected and cannot then select other groups?

Anyone else seeing this?
                  Last edited by Garry Flanigan; 03-06-2012, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Edit user record in the Security Framework

Hi David,
                    I'm using the same way of editing existing users (both Personal and Security data) and have run into the same issue: the Dialog2 component works with the hardcoded id but not when the id is passed into the Dialog2 component. When I pass an id into the Dialog2 component, it correctly retrieves the data from my table (the Personal data) but does not retrieve anything from the system's Security table (the Security data).

How did you solve the issue?

Regards,
                    Felix

Comment

Rida,
                      I am having the same problem.
                      Could you please create a video showing your solution?

Thanks for your time.
                      {

Comment

Eddie,
                        I've sent you a private e-mail.

Regards,
                        Felix

Comment

Hi Eddie,
                          I did not understand clearly your email. Could you please re-post it and, if possible, attach an image(s) of the webpage where you modify/delete a user?

Regrads,
                          Felix

Comment

Working...
                          X