Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Multi-field search hide grid issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-field search hide grid issue

Grid has 3 dropdown search fields: DD1, DD2, DD3. DD2 & DD3 are "cascading" meaning that DD3 relies on the results of DD2 and DD2 relies on DD1. The grid is set to be hidden when the search is inactive. All of this works as advertised. But here is my issue:

...after the user performs his first query based upon the 3 selections and then decides to change the value of DD1 or DD2, DD@ and/or DD3 clears (as it/they should), but the grid still shows the previous search results. Not good. The minute they change DD1 or DD2, the grid should either hide itself or clear the previous results. I'm sure this is simple to do, but I didn't see a JS action to do this.
    Peter
    AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
    https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Re: Multi-field search hide grid issue

{GRID.OBJECT}.clearSearchForm();return false;

will clear the search form and hide the grid again... but it's not really what you want to do because you're entering stuff into the search form. There is a togglevisibility method that the search part uses but it only seems to work on 'SEARCH_PART'. There's something in clearSearchForm that checks if the Grid should be hidden. Maybe Selwyn can tell you if you can get to that part of the code.

See if putting {GRID.OBJECT}.clearSearchForm();return false; into the onFocus event of the search field would help at all. Probably not since the search grid would keep getting cleared... you have multiple fields.
    Last edited by Davidk; 12-23-2011, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks David. Yeah, I saw .clearSearchForm() and I figured that won't help me since I DON"T want to clear the search criteria, just hide the grid. If I clear the search as the dropdown gets changed, I'll never get to the query. I know there's a way. Can I hide the grid part in the master template maybe?
      ---
      And here is an easier question. How can I hide the search button? I don't need it since DD3 is set to auto-query.
      Peter
      AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]

Comment

This link refers to hiding the search button

http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...+search+button

Comment

Originally posted by DBM View Post
          This link refers to hiding the search button

http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...+search+button
          Thanks, I'll check it out.
          Peter
          AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]

Comment

You could use the visibility style to show and hide the grid, but I don't know if you want to go that far.

In the search field's onChange event, show the grid

Code:
            $('{Grid.ComponentName}.GRID_PART.FORM_CONTAINER_DIV').style.visibility = 'visible';
            In the search field's onFocus event, hide the grid

Code:
            $('{Grid.ComponentName}.GRID_PART.FORM_CONTAINER_DIV').style.visibility = 'hidden';
            That Search button is a little bugger because it's not named... only the title is named. You could use the Search Grid properties and change it to an Icon, then you can apply your own icon which could be something invisible. Or add a style that will replace the button style. Getting rid of the "Search" title is easy, but the button is still there.

Comment

Would setting the Toolbar position to 'none' in the Search options work for you?
              Win 10 64 Development, Win 7 64 WAS 11-1, 2, Win 10 64 AA-1,2, MySql, dbForge Studio The Best MySQL GUI Tool IMHO. http://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/studio/

Comment

Originally posted by frankbicknell View Post
                Would setting the Toolbar position to 'none' in the Search options work for you?
                That's very good, Frank, but I get an error "style is null or not an object"?
                Peter
                AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]

Comment

Not sure about the error. I do that in several of my grids and have not seen that error.
                  Here are the settings from one of the grids:
                  Last edited by frankbicknell; 12-27-2011, 08:28 AM.
                  Win 10 64 Development, Win 7 64 WAS 11-1, 2, Win 10 64 AA-1,2, MySql, dbForge Studio The Best MySQL GUI Tool IMHO. http://www.devart.com/dbforge/mysql/studio/

Comment

Thanks. It was me. I was applying this in the onObjectInitialize event: ('GRID1.SEARCHBTN').style.visibility = 'hidden'; which didn't work 100% due to a mystery border or something that remains. Your solution is perfect and obvious - so obvious that I didn't see it. Thanks!
                    Peter
                    AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]

Comment

could u please share this form/ grid, as I'm looking for a similiar solution?
                      thanx
                      Renny

Comment

Working...
                      X