Alpha Video Training

Thread: Data is not retrieving from MySql database when we host our web app into server?

Real Name
    Satyanarayana Lella

Default Data is not retrieving from MySql database when we host our web app into server?

Hi,

We got an error while retrieving data from MySql database when we host our web app into server?
    Its running fine in localsystem ....

I got following error

error1.png

Real Name
    Derek Schaefer

Default Re: Data is not retrieving from MySql database when we host our web app into server?

Are you sure that's directly related to the actual retrieval of data from the mysql server? Could it be page security? I'm not an expert. But if it's working locally, and your MySql database is not on your development machine, this is the only thing I can think of that would make your app unable to access the database after publishing:

Check that your AlphaDAO connection string is set up right in the Profile you're publishing with. That's here:
    Web Project Control Panel tab> click Publish button> select the Profile you use and click Add/Edit profile button (tiny button to right of profile name in dropdown list)> In General section, make sure Named AlphaDAO Connection Strings is referencing the correct connection string.

Then, when you publish, make sure you publish using that Profile.

Just to clarify, there probably are other reasons the sql could not connect, but that's all I can think of right now. Of course, there are many variables. You can publish an .a5w page with no data grid or data reference on it and it shows up fine? My experience with those errors has always been something other than an sql issue, but you obviously have more experience with your app than me!

Real Name
    Satyanarayana Lella

Default Re: Data is not retrieving from MySql database when we host our web app into server?

Thanks for giving reply..