Alpha DevCon 2018

Thread: v11 issue with button in embedded browse click event code

"Certified" Alphaholic Mike Wilson's Avatar
    Real Name
    mike wilson

Default v11 issue with button in embedded browse click event code

Anybody figured out how to place a button on each row of an embedded browse and have the button click event code populated in the event code editor. In v10 after the button was placed in the embedded browse, the embedded browse event would have the button click code present. In v11 it does not. I have done this through making a new column from a form calc field, browse column right mouse click >> Edit Display Format > all rows >> add button to selected controls, then go to the browse events and the button click code would be there (in v10). How does one get it in there now in v11?? Cian sent me on a path through the design menu >> Task List >> ?? drag button into browse or something that maybe for him there is a button to drag but not for me. Anyone else know how, or having same problem?
    Mike W

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Finian Lennon

Default Re: v11 issue with button in embedded browse click event code

I'm not sure why you're not getting the button code. The process is confusing and in order to succeed I had to copy the text of a message from here on the message board. Unfortunately I don't have the link to the message, so here's the Word doc I saved with the instructions. Thanks to Tom Baker who posted the original instructions.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Finian

"Certified" Alphaholic Mike Wilson's Avatar
    Real Name
    mike wilson

Hi Finian,
    Thanks, however, Yup, got all that. Have been doing that for a long time in v10. The problem is that in v11, the part that reads:
    You would then select browse events events. You will see a function already placed in the script.
    With v11, the function is not placed in the script. That's my point and my problem. I've resorted to copying a template of it to my code library, and amending the button click name when needed. But this isn't right. Alpha really needs to fix this. This is a bug.... I've reported it more than once. I got a response from Cian, but couldn't follow it (invoice form of alphasport)

I first made room by resizing the description field.
    I also made sure that the browse controls panel was open, dragged a button onto the browse -
    I selected 'open form' and selected the customer information form.
    the button shows up, and when I right click I can see that an event was created for the button.
    Mike W

"Certified" Alphaholic
    Real Name
    Finian Lennon

I did my test with a saved browse layout. At some point in the process I clicked on Browse/Events/Events and the function code was there. Using V11.
    Finian