Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Help! Error 1097 and error 1027 on update indexes!! 35 appliance techs waiting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Error 1097 and error 1027 on update indexes!! 35 appliance techs waiting!

My business is on hold!!

I cannot update my indexes.. I get error 1097 or 1027..

I have made copy of table, closed a5, changed name, opened up and still error..

Also got "cannot add compound index" when I try to make new index entry!

Help!

Willing to pay for your time.. 800-473-7799

Perry Williams
    800-473-7799

Re: Help! Error 1097 and error 1027 on update indexes!! 35 appliance techs waiting!

Run A5_CHECKINDEXESDIALOG() in the interactive window. If you find problems you may have to delete the .cdx file for that table and recreate the indexes from scratch.
    There can be only one.

Comment

Re: Help! Error 1097 and error 1027 on update indexes!! 35 appliance techs waiting!

I moved server.. My Netgear ReadyNas was causing some problem.. I will have to solve that issue laster.

Comment

Originally posted by perry9999 View Post
        I moved server.. My Netgear ReadyNas was causing some problem.. I will have to solve that issue laster.
        Sounds like a permissions issue. But please let us know how you solve it.
        Al Buchholz
        Bookwood Systems, LTD
        Weekly QReportBuilder Webinars Thursday 1 pm CST

Occam's Razor - KISS
        Normalize till it hurts - De-normalize till it works.
        Advice offered and questions asked in the spirit of learning how to fish is better than someone giving you a fish.
        When we triage a problem it is much easier to read sample systems than to read a mind.
        "Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler."
        Albert Einstein

http://www.iadn.com/images/media/iadn_member.png

Comment

Apparently, a file was corrupt. I deleted indexes completely, then went back in, and re-entered each index manually. That worked. However I seem to continuously have "corrupt indexes" errors on workstations. I have my server set to Re-index all each night, but I have never been able to solve the corrupt index issues. I have replaced server, network hardware, and several problematic workstations, but problem still occurs randomly a few times a day. Also, size is not changing much, but desktop application seems to be slowing down more and more.. Now takes 35-40 seconds to start Alpha5v10.5.. All other programs work great. No network issues outside of Alpha..

Comment

but problem still occurs randomly a few times a day. Also, size is not changing much, but desktop application seems to be slowing down more and more.. Now takes 35-40 seconds to start Alpha5v10.5..
            Maybe you need to bite the bullet and switch to MySQL?
            Peter
            AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
            https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

Peter, I dabbled with SQL and had a few problems with it and backed off.. In your opinion, is that a much more stable platform? Does Alpha5 work with SQL relatively bug free? And probably the most important question since I don't know you at all.. Is your opinion worthwhile? (Sorry if that's offensive, but like I said, I don't know you.. You could be as un-trained as me!)

Comment

Perry, yes, that comment was offensive and unwarranted. It's time for me to dust off the instructions and figure out how to add someone to my "ignore list" here. Too bad, really, haven't used it in a long long time.

Comment

Does come in handy at times. At the very top of the forum you should see a Settings menu. Edit Ignore List can be found there.
                  There can be only one.

Comment

Is your opinion worthwhile? (Sorry if that's offensive, but like I said, I don't know you.. You could be as un-trained as me!)
                    Perry

Research is important and can only be done by you.

While the number of posts is not a true indicator of value, your number is 2 digits and Peter's is in the high 4 digits.

The second thing you can do is click on the user's name and view their posts and evaluate their questions and answers.

How you handle this thread will determine a lot about how your questions are handled in the future.
                    Al Buchholz
                    Bookwood Systems, LTD
                    Weekly QReportBuilder Webinars Thursday 1 pm CST

Occam's Razor - KISS
                    Normalize till it hurts - De-normalize till it works.
                    Advice offered and questions asked in the spirit of learning how to fish is better than someone giving you a fish.
                    When we triage a problem it is much easier to read sample systems than to read a mind.
                    "Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler."
                    Albert Einstein

http://www.iadn.com/images/media/iadn_member.png

Comment

Perry, you have done something which the old cow hands say you should never do.
                      The Forum is voluntary, and advice given usually from a position of knowledge.
                      You may ignore it, try it, test and reject it or come up with another solution. If you do the latter it's nice to share.
                      Your question could have been phrased a little more delicately, and the number of posts from Peter - who is a trusted Moderator should have given you a clue as to his knowledge.
                      Suggest you start over.
                      If you need to eat crow, it's best done while it's warm.
                      Don't make enemies by mistake is what my old dad always said.
                      See our Hybrid Option here;
                      https://hybridapps.example-software.com/

Apologies to anyone I haven't managed to upset yet.
                      You are held in a queue and I will get to you soon.

Comment

Thank you all for your voices of support and reason. But actually I wasn't even offended, strange as that may seem. I'm not particularly thick-skinned, but I am generally one that doesn't take offense easily. But thanks again, I do appreciate the positive support.
                        Peter
                        AlphaBase Solutions, LLC

[email protected]
                        https://www.alphabasesolutions.com

Comment

Perry,

Arrogance is deadly. You have a choice between developing good habits and developing bad habits. A bad attitude cancels all other positive skills.
                          Be nice. Expect excellence from yourself and from others.

SEEK ADVICE FROM SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE AND ASK FOR HELP!
                          THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR EFFORT.

DON'T TALK DOWN TO THOSE WHO HELPING THIS COMMUNITY.

BE CONSISTENTLY PERSISTENT, BUT NO A PEST!
                          BE AGGRESSIVE, BUT NOT OPPRESSIVE!
                          "Knowledge without application is useless."

Comment

RE: "the most important question since I don't know you at all.. Is your opinion worthwhile? (Sorry if that's offensive, but like I said, I don't know you.. You could be as un-trained as me!)"

Hey everyone.. This is Perry9999, but using a new login, since perry9999 no longer works.. (nice!)..

Regardless,

I did not mean to offend.. I soon noticed the 8,000+ posts under the name, and realized I was not dealing with some random advice from a yahoo like me.

Unfortunately, since I updated my email address on Perry9999, I am somehow locked out of the system under that name. (or someone was so offended they locked me out)

But anyway.. Tom and all others, I am sorry you were offended by my comment. I was not trying to be insulting to Peter. I was just trying to determine in a somewhat joking manner whether he was a guru, or a 2-month user that started with SQL and knows no other. I did not wish to base the next several weeks of my life converting to SQL on a one line response by a virtual unknown (I had not noticed the # of posts at this point). If my attempt at a slight bit of levity was misunderstood, my mistake.

Peter, Thanks for your response. I hope you are being honest, and not just covering for me.. I am sorry for the offense. I will eliminate any wise cracks or attempts at humor in the future.

-Perry

Comment

Well fielded Perry.
                              You might be off to a new start now and be contributing in your own right soon.
                              Being locked out of this Forum would be a real hassle if it happened to me, that much I do know!
                              See our Hybrid Option here;
                              https://hybridapps.example-software.com/

Apologies to anyone I haven't managed to upset yet.
                              You are held in a queue and I will get to you soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X