Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Open microsoft application from Alpha(hope it also wont add in my few un answered qns

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Open microsoft application from Alpha(hope it also wont add in my few un answered

steve..

i agree with whatever you say, but its very simple

just ask somebody to answer the time subtraction question if you can.. if u can not, accept the same that alpha5 can't do what it is saying..

coming to the frames and going to the wyswig mode all we know..

Comment

Re: Open microsoft application from Alpha(hope it also wont add in my few un answered

:) IE browser is sufficient for us, and Dontquit is asking for an intranet web application only..

but the author or this world didn't say its impossible, except this alpha forum

Comment

and we are not interested to read paragraphs of pain or stories here, we just wanted to know "time subtraction" example is working or not, if not working.. just reply "yes, this is not working" thats all we need..

we don't need you to take too much pain to type all the stories here, or appreciation or criticism..

we just want to know whether can or can not? thats all..

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Workings View Post
          In German, we have a treatment for this. It's called KwitcherBitcheien.
          LOL... as a native (Swiss) German speaker, you nearly had me there...

Comment

Originally posted by DOntquIT View Post
            I have a question here.we are developing a system with several modules with a team of four.
            Lets say my module name is A which is inside folder folderA, now i want to
            copy my team members modules lets assume(b,c,d) in to my Pc.so i want to create folderB , folderC,folderD and put corrsponding comp and pages in that folders.

Is that possible or not?

Regarding my second query, we are still workin on it to find some other better solution.

Coluld anyone let me know whethere this one can be done or not?
            Thanks & Regards,
            RR

Wonder rather than doubt is the root of all knowledge

Comment

I have to comment ...... I am new to this whole Alpha thing.... and yes just like any product it has pluses and minuses. However dontquite and sendwhatever.. I am new to this product and with a little help from this forum and one of the guys herein "we" rolled out a pretty cool app in what I will say is record time and with very few problems. Why??? Cause I took the advice of those here, you are foolish (I really want to use other words-it's the Brooklyn in me) not to listen and I for one think you need to bury your attitude, or stop using the product!

50+ and no patience for negativity.
              Nicholas Wieland
              LedgerSuite.com Corp
              [email protected]
              http://www.ledgersuite.com

Comment

Originally posted by NicholasWieland View Post
                I have to comment ...... I am new to this whole Alpha thing.... and yes just like any product it has pluses and minuses.
                Agreed with your post, plus... the limitations discussed in this thread are limitations of HTML-based web pages, full stop, NOT of Alpha5.

Comment

I have to comment ...... I am new to this whole Alpha thing.... and yes just like any product it has pluses and minuses. However dontquite and sendwhatever.. I am new to this product and with a little help from this forum and one of the guys herein "we" rolled out a pretty cool app in what I will say is record time and with very few problems. Why??? Cause I took the advice of those here, you are foolish (I really want to use other words-it's the Brooklyn in me) not to listen and I for one think you need to bury your attitude, or stop using the product!
                  Andrea,
                  My intention is to find out whether is there any built in function in alpha five to provide link to MS-application or not? and my next one is to know whether can create folders and sub folders to place modules or not? if answer is "no built in function " thats all my question is answered and for my second one if the ans is " no it is not possible or yes you can procced this way...." again my qns are answered.This wat i expect as a power user or customer.

i dont find my second qns as limitation of HTML as u said.
                  Even the problem i told you about when i shift from WYSIWYG to source or vice versa, my code are deleted, the answer provided here is "it will happen if there is frame". ok but i don have frame at all in that page.but i don wan to post back and argue with u guys again since i find it as a small issue.
                  sometimes when two a5wpages are opened, one page override the other one.

i don find all this as HTML problem ..

Nicholas,

It will be better if you use proper words here when you are replyin to my post.if im foolish i would nt have in the place where am now and woudnt have developed best web application using alpha software where i found limitations are more.
                  I jus wanna gv up with hot conversation here and get back to my work.we don have time to entertain ppl here.thats y i jus posted back my question again.now it will be better if you guys (interupter or those who jus wanna comment rather than solving problems) dint dig back the old stuffs and if can jus help out to say whether is that possible or not for my earlier post rather than teaching me attitude.

it will be pretty well if you can check all my posts in this forum if you got time before u comment about me.

if someone dont want to reply , nevermind im not depending on anyone here. i can find my own solution as how i found solution for big issues.

Thank you very much for all the support provided.
                  This will be last post to your forum.
                  Ended up with frustration.
                  Last edited by DOntquIT; 08-19-2008, 12:52 AM.
                  Thanks & Regards,
                  RR

Comment

Andrea,
                    My intention is to find out whether is there any built in function in alpha five to provide link to MS-application or not?
                    By the wy the most straightforward solution to THIS would be to have a blank document on the server and have the link open THAT - same effect as opening Word or whatever the default app for that document type is...

and my next one is to know whether can create folders and sub folders to place modules or not?
                    Had you jusy TRIED it, you might have found that you can't, however there seems to be no real technical reason why this should not be possible, so had you emailed tech support or submitted a bug report instead of getting stroppy because volunteers on a public forum didn't serve you up the solution on a silver platter, you may well have been pleasantly surprised by Alpha's willingness to make changes in response to user's queries....

i dont find my second qns as limitation of HTML as u said.
                    Sorry I was talking about the Microsoft App stuff, which is the title of the thread.

Comment

I think its great that you came back and tried to start the technical conversation again, and to get some answers to your question. I'm not sure anyone has a tested answer, I don't recall reading any solution over the last five years I have been on this forum. So you may not get an adequate answer.

So I hope you stay on the board. But I think the reason the 'old issue' keeps coming up is that you and sendapail continue to blame others for the calamity you guys caused. Statements like "we don have time to entertain ppl here" and the other guy something like " at least we had some hot discussion" shows that you think that we are to blame and that your complaints about our inadequacy are more important than others' time. That's just my opinion based on being on the receiving end of some of this, it may not be shared by others.
                      Steve Wood
                      See my profile on IADN

Comment

i already did the same thing few days ago as what u mentioned regarding office applications.i haven do bug report since i thought to have it as second step if i could nt find solution here.

Originally posted by Steve Wood View Post
                        I think its great that you came back and tried to start the technical conversation again, and to get some answers to your question. I'm not sure anyone has a tested answer, I don't recall reading any solution over the last five years I have been on this forum. So you may not get an adequate answer.
                        I have tested answer, i mean it doesnt work out for me.so its not possible to have sub folders i guess.

i jus forced myself to reply this post jus because seeing u both came forward to ans my qns.i don want to argue back steve.Lets end it up here.

Thank you steve & andrea
                        Good bye
                        Thanks & Regards,
                        RR

Comment

i already did the same thing few days ago as what u mentioned regarding office applications.i haven do bug report since i thought to have it as second step if i could nt find solution here.
                          The bug report was in reference to the modules/subfolders, technically I see no reason why this shouldn't work, as it even lets you select components in a subfolder, it just doesn't copy the path when you select one.

Comment

decided not to type anything that is not related to the post, but extremely sorry for one last time..

God knows when this kind of educated morons will talk just about the problem & solution, if can not shut up their bloody mouths and take care of their own business..
                            Last edited by sendamail; 08-19-2008, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X