Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Credit card info stolen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folks:

I do not want this to become a big thread or issue, but felt a head's up was in order.

This morning, I received an email from Vonage that my Chase credit card payment had been rejected for my phone line monthly charge.

Chase had seen suspicious activity, and turned off the card, already.

I called Chase, and determined the invalid charges. Attempts totalled $10,400.

This afternoon, Alpha Software sent out an email pointing out that the companiy storing the account information for Alpha's Online Store was compromised.

It may be just coincidence, but please consider calling your bank if you had credit card info in the Alpha store.

Better safe then sorry... And thank you Alpha Software for your continued loyalty to your customer.

Craig

Dear Customer,

We have been informed that there has been a security breach at the Internet Service Provider where our web site is hosted. This may have resulted in your credit card information being compromised. While it is entirely possible that your credit card information has not been stolen, in the interests of caution, we recommend that you contact your credit card provider to discuss what steps, if any, they recommend.

Going forward, we no longer store credit card information on our side. This will eliminate any risk associated with placing credit card orders on our site.

We thank you for your support and look forward to helping you build your businesses and organizations with Alpha Five Version 10.

Sincerely,

Alpha Software
    I did check my CC and there was a small charge made with it that I did not make, so I now have reported the card stolen. I just thought others should know.

I am not trying to start a panic or a blame game. Just thought you should know.:(

Mark

Comment

Re: Credit card info stolen...

Saw the mail and blocked my cc immediately.
      Marcel

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
      ---- Confusius ----

Comment

I'm kind of glad that the card stored in my Alpha account is no longer valid (because I screwed up the verified by visa while trying to order some books on my phone!)

Comment

The contractor that bought my alpha v10 lics. told me that the first deposit he made didn't work (i didn't believed him, shame on me) He might had his number stolen I already forwarded the email to him. :(
          Cheers
          Mauricio

Comment

Since Alpha doesn't deny it, then it's probably not a hoax.

Would be nice to know when it happened.

Comment

For a reference, My contractor said he made the deposit 2 weeks ago
              Cheers
              Mauricio

Comment

Re: Anyone else get this message

Wouldnt it have been nice if alphasoftware would have told you the last 4 digits of the card number that they have on file... that way you dont have to guess which card you used.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_S View Post
                  Wouldnt it have been nice if alphasoftware would have told you the last 4 digits of the card number that they have on file... that way you dont have to guess which card you used.
                  Yes Scott that probably would have been nice, but for me I only use 1 card for internet purchases. It has the lowest credit amount, just incase.....

Comment

I also NEED an option to change my password.(unless I missed it)

It seems reasonable that other data may have leaked including password, customer, billing & order history.

Comment

Originally posted by James S View Post
                      I also NEED an option to change my password.(unless I missed it)
                      It seems reasonable that other data may have leaked including password, customer, billing & order history.
                      Well apparently I don't have a online account at alpha as I asked for my login info to be sent to me and it comes back blank. So either I ordered over the phone or worse yet my account was hijacked.
                      If I ordered by phone I wonder if they still have to have some record of it, last time I upgraded was 05/2007.

Comment

I got that message today also. I called my credit card (AmEx) and they said that there had been no other activity on my card (i.e., suspicious transactions) since the date of my a5 v10 purchase (10/31).
                        Not a good feeling. I am going to have my card replaced.

Comment

I cancelled my CC and confirmed that Alpha has indeed removed the CC information from my account. The History also does not show CC information. It shows license numbers which I would only worry about if the hacker was an Alpha Developer.
                          Steve Wood
                          See my profile on IADN

Comment

only worry about if the hacker was an Alpha Developer
                            Now that's a nasty thought!
                            Mike

Comment

The card I purchased A5 with was used to buy a boatload of domain names with hosting at numerous hosting companies. They used an address in Vietnam that one of the companies recognized right away when I called, they said this guy does it all the time and has been doing it for a long time (you would think they would set something up to catch accounts using that particular address). I assume it was done for spamming because he was purchasing hosting with the domain names. Only one company I called would give me the name of a domain purchased on the card, that domain name is not showing up as being registered.

I appreciate the fact that Alpha notified us as soon as they found out about the issue. We caught it in a few days and a reversal on it was no big deal but its nice to know where the leak was.

Comment

Working...
                              X