Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Publishing CSS file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Publishing CSS file

Hi everyone,

I went to edit the CSS template MobBlue, but it only allowed me to take a copy and store it as 'local', all fine. When I look at my a5w page that has a grid component in 'Working Preview' or 'Live Preview' I can see the changes that I made to the CSS file. But once I publish it, the changes are no longer there. I thought publishing would have uploaded the CSS file.

I know I am missing a step, but I can not figure it out. Any helps is appreciated.

Thanks,

Blair

Re: Publishing CSS file

Check Clear publishing history and make sure you are not just publishing "selected" as an option in Publishing. But easiest way is to select your css folder, right click and publish.
    Steve Wood
    See my profile on IADN

Comment

Once the 'local' version was created of MobBlue, it also created a folder called css\A5System. I had to delete that folder and then publish the files and everything worked :)

Comment

If I make changes to my CSS the only way I can see it is to publish my entire workspace. You mentioned right clicking on the CSS folder? Where can I just publish my CSS changes without publishing my workspace?

Comment

I'm having the same type of issue. Looks great in Live Preview, but looks like crap when published to the server. Is there a document that explains this in more detail?

Comment

As shown in the attached image. Right click the folder and select the first Publish option.

However, if the wrong publishing profile is displayed in between the parenthesis, then select the second Publish option instead. A Publishing Dialog will appear. On that dialog, select the correct profile - but do not publish, just click Cancel. Then start at step one again, right-click the folder, select the first Publishing option (which will be correct now).
            Attached Files
            Steve Wood
            See my profile on IADN

Comment

Steve I can't thank you enough. I did exactly as you stated. The first publishing Profile was to the local webroot but I needed to publish to my Zebra Site. So I went to the 2nd publishing profile, set it up and cancelled it. Then when I reopened it I had the profile on top in the number one spot.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help and your instructions were perfect..

Comment

I feel guilty, I have been doing that for eight years. I did not know it was not well known.
                Steve Wood
                See my profile on IADN

Comment

Steve,

I don't understand why you'd have to cancel if the wrong profile is shown ? If you right click on the CSS folder & select publish then within the "Publish Web Project" dialog you can select the correct profile and you're done. All other checkboxes (except "Publish Web Project files") can/may be deselected so that only the "Selected files (radio buttton)" will be published. The top menu with the profile between brackets is merely a shortcut that remembers the last used profile. Or am I wrong ?pp.png
                  Frank

Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand

Comment

Frank,

Play around with it and you will see why I always want to click the first option to publish. Clicking the first Publish option always publishes the file. The second Publish option looks at the Publishing History to decide if the file will be published or not. When I elect to publish a file, I want it published.
                    Steve Wood
                    See my profile on IADN

Comment

OK, good to know. I thought "selected files" would not look at publishing history. Thx
                      Frank

Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand

Comment

Is there anyway to not publish the CSS after making the changes. What I mean is if I make changes to the CSS then publish the component will that do it or do I have to publish the CSS also each time.

Comment

That's where the publishing history comes into play. When you publish to a WAS I strongly recommend to use optimized publishing: it is blazing fast!

Edit: also see this post from Jerry: http://msgboard.alphasoftware.com/al...l=1#post663194
                          Frank

Comment

Working...
                          X