Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Access denied to our AA subscriptions - anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Access denied to our AA subscriptions - anyone else?

Originally posted by Pat Bremkamp View Post
    According to Brett, "We wrote to Alpha Anywhere users a few weeks ago about our new License Management System which is designed to provide customers with a series of benefits."

I own two copies of AA and never received any notice of these changes. Should have been posted in big red letters here on the board as well as an email or letter or whatever it was they wrote.

I'd like to know what the "benefits" are. I'm having trouble seeing that they are going to exceed the pain and loss of revenue.
    For the record, we *did* receive this message on February 11. And when I went through the process of checking our licenses, I discovered they were woefully out of sync with our subscription.

It looks like one of the changes they made was to make it possible to move your licenses across servers without needing to call & deactivate for a particular machine. Does this mean I can stop naming all my PCs the same whenever I upgrade hardware?!
    Alpha Anywhere latest pre-release

Comment

Sarah,

You must be one of the chosen. I'm in the camp of not having received the email. Was it mixed in with the never ending marketing stuff that I routinely delete without reading?
      Jim Coltz
      Alpha Custom Database Solutions, LLC
      A5CustomSolutions.com
      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Coltz View Post
        Sarah,

You must be one of the chosen. I'm in the camp of not having received the email. Was it mixed in with the never ending marketing stuff that I routinely delete without reading?
        Of course. Due diligence and all on our end, I guess.

Comment

It was even sent from [email protected] and had the very catchy subject line, "Important Information Regarding Your Alpha Anywhere Licenses"

Comment

I'M BACK B-A-B-Y!!

The problem I was having is finally resolved. As it turns out, in my particular instance the problem was related to the fact that I was running the Application Server through the Developer app (which I have been doing since v6 as the server is in my office and I had always done it that way), and that was somehow invalidating my WAS license or something.

Lenny worked on it all night, and the answer finally came in having me install the stand-alone Application Server, so the two were no longer married together. Once I did that and reinstalled my SSL certificate, I was back in business.

Whew! I think I aged a few years over the past 22 hours.
            Sergeant Richard Hartnett
            Hyattsville City Police Department
            Maryland

Comment

I was not advised about it - And our servers are now down as well, great issue to be dealing with at 4:17 am here, just what we wanted, not.
              Peter
              Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
              Albert Einstein, (attributed)
              US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Comment

As posted by Bret elsewhere: PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY TO REPORT ANY PROBLEMS.

These issues have our full attention and we are working feverishly to resolve them. However we are not actively monitoring the message board for reports regarding problems. Make sure you call or email us so we know your specific problems. For example, Peter emailed us about a problem with his development environment and we resolved it for him. However he did not tell us he also had a problem with his server, so we had no idea that he was still having difficulty.

Peter, I emailed you for more info about your problem.

Lenny Forziati
                Vice President, Internet Products and Technical Services
                Alpha Software Corporation

Comment

Lenny I'm certain you don't want the contents of my emails posted here, there should have been nothing to resolve. When I went to bed the Server was running, when I got up to check 3 hours later it was not. - You sent me a DLL fix for the server and it worked. My initial problem was I was locked out of the development environment by Alpha and then the server went down.
                  Peter
                  Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
                  Albert Einstein, (attributed)
                  US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Comment

Pat, I just double checked with everyone here and nobody is aware of you having problems either. Please email us directly with the specifics of the trouble you are experiencing.

Lenny Forziati

Comment

Originally posted by peteconway View Post
                      Lenny I'm certain you don't want the contents of my emails posted here, there should have been nothing to resolve. When I went to bed the Server was running, when I got up to check 3 hours later it was not. - You sent me a DLL fix for the server and it worked. My initial problem was I was locked out of the development environment by Alpha and then the server went down.
                      Peter
                      Peter, post whatever you feel is appropriate. But I'm not asking you to add info here, I am asking you what the current state of your situation is. Post #36 says your servers are down. Post #38 is unclear about the current state of your server. As far as I knew outside of this thread, you were all set based on what I sent you earlier. If that is not the case, please email me directly with exact error messages and where/how you get them and we will get this resolved for you.

Lenny Forziati

Comment

Lenny,

Any response to the question of whether or not the "trial period" has been extended (to days at least) in case something happens again and whether or not we will have problems should our App server be disconnected from the internet?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by -Jinx- View Post
                          Lenny,

Any response to the question of whether or not the "trial period" has been extended (to days at least) in case something happens again and whether or not we will have problems should our App server be disconnected from the internet?

Thanks
                          The fail-safe mode when your app server cannot reach the activation server should be for it to continue operating normally. This has been the case for the vast majority of users, but some have encountered an error before the fail-safe takes effect. Those are the problems we are working on as quickly as we can.

Lenny Forziati

Comment

Thanks Lenny,

Yeah, I was one of the users with a problem. Fortunately, I called and talked to Bret first thing yesterday morning and my problem was resolved. I only had to put up with being down over night. Luckily......

I was just worried about future issues and your response answered my question.

Comment

Hi,

Can someone post the original letter from Alpha so I can see if I need to do anything.

Thanks,

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by -Jinx- View Post
                                Thanks Lenny,

Yeah, I was one of the users with a problem. Fortunately, I called and talked to Bret first thing yesterday morning and my problem was resolved. I only had to put up with being down over night. Luckily......

I was just worried about future issues and your response answered my question.
                                Consider what is currently happening to be very unfortunate growing pains. The motivation behind the new system though is to provide a fail-safe and allow customers to easily move their licenses across systems with no intervention from Alpha at all. Customers have expressed concerns about the restrictions imposed by the previous system and this should address them all.

That said, if you or anyone else has other concerns about the operation of the system, we'd genuinely like to hear them and see what we can do to address them for you.

Lenny Forziati

Comment

Working...
                                X