Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Browser Application using UX component?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browser Application using UX component?

Greetings,

How do I deploy a web application using UX component? is this possible? Because what I am working on now is to build a website which can generate QR Codes. I have done everything and would like to deploy a website which is accessible remotely. Have never tried to create a website with alpha anywhere so would appreciate any help. Thank you.

Regards,
    Happy Holidays,
    PolarBearCUS

Re: Browser Application using UX component?

So it's not a mobile application using a UX component... is that right? You want to add your UX component to a "normal" web page... to be used from "desktop" browsers.

If that's the case then the best process to you to follow is 2-fold.

1. With your UX open, click the Save Page button in the menu. This will create an a5w page for your UX component.

An a5w page is a regular html page but named specifically for the Alpha server and with xbasic code added.

Have a look through the page... you'll see how the component sections have been added to the a5w page.

If you're adding your component to an html page, then first rename that page so that it has the extension .a5w

Now, open that a5w page. You'll see an Insert Component in the menu. Go through that process... and see how you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidk View Post
      So it's not a mobile application using a UX component... is that right? You want to add your UX component to a "normal" web page... to be used from "desktop" browsers.

If that's the case then the best process to you to follow is 2-fold.

1. With your UX open, click the Save Page button in the menu. This will create an a5w page for your UX component.

An a5w page is a regular html page but named specifically for the Alpha server and with xbasic code added.

Have a look through the page... you'll see how the component sections have been added to the a5w page.

If you're adding your component to an html page, then first rename that page so that it has the extension .a5w

Now, open that a5w page. You'll see an Insert Component in the menu. Go through that process... and see how you do.
      Thank you so much for replying really appreciate the help. I have followed the instructions and a Dialog 2 appeared. Now how do i deploy this HTML page so that I can access via a URL on my browser?

Comment

you have to publish the apps incl. all components and pages to the applicationserver, remember to set the security settings if your using that. Set the page as home [default]

Comment

Originally posted by bea2701 View Post
          you have to publish the apps incl. all components and pages to the applicationserver, remember to set the security settings if your using that. Set the page as home [default]
          Thank you will do as instructed.

Comment

If I was wanting to embed UX components inside an a5w page like this, how would I make sure the layout and formatting of the UX component remains when viewed from the page? Currently my nicely formatted component looks like plain text on a white background when viewed from the page it was embedded into.

Comment

Best thing to do is go through the process of opening your UX and clicking the Save Page button in the web control panel menu. Read the info in that dialog... see the options that are available and save. Then look at your newly created a5w page. Now you can see which pieces go where and how things are set.

Comment

I just did that again to make sure I was not missing anything. Still the same results. It is literally plain text with no formatting at all. Am I missing something like having to configure the page's code or something?

2014-12-29 12_09_49-UX.png

Comment

Create a really simply UX... no data bound stuff... and go through the same process. Then see if it does the same thing. If so... zip the UX, the created a5w page... and the page you're inserting your UX into (if it's another a5w page)... and post it here... and I'll have a look.

Comment

Same thing. Attached is the simple component and created page I used to test this issue. The component was made off of one of the AA templates, Customers-Simple.

Default.WebProject.zip

Comment

This is what I'm getting... is this different from what you're seeing? If you're seeing the same... then what would you be expecting to see?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for looking over those files David.

Yes, we are seeing the same thing. What I want to see is the style I chose under the UX Properties, such as iOS, AndroidDark, etc... There is not a lot of difference when it comes to just text box controls, but when talking about lists and buttons and panel headers, then the difference is big. I am wanting the layout to be identical to what it looks like in the component's working preview.

Maybe I am expecting more than what it does by default, so how would I achieve the result I am looking for?

Comment

Then you have to check to see if you're getting any javascript errors. Your component is sitting in an a5w page... so run that page under chrome or firefox, right click in an empty area of the screen and choose Inspect. Are there any errors? I'd guess you may not be publishing the styles you're using... or they're not available for some reason. If you're using iOS7 or an Android style and you publish everything to your target site, then you should see everything.

Here's what that simple page looks like after the style has been changed to Android light. I changed the button images to a Font-Awsome CSS Icon image... much better.

Overall, it's exactly what it should look like.
                          Attached Files

Comment

No errors, but you were right; I wasn't publishing the styles I was using. I uploaded all the styles in the AA folder on my local computer to the server via FTP and now I have the styling, but my list has very small font and I cant seem to change it. Did I upload the CSS properly? I noticed a CSS folder in the workspace but would I put all the styles I am going to use in there? My goal at this point is to just get that list legible on a mobile device, but it appears to be good in the working preview, just not after published.
                            Last edited by BCJack; 12-30-2014, 11:39 AM.

Comment

You really shouldn't have to upload anything manually. When you publish, everything a component needs is usually published with it. If you're not publishing everything needed by a component, and that component tries to use it, then there should be some loading errors.

Comment

Working...
                              X