Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Python ... Do you use it within Alpha?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Python ... Do you use it within Alpha?

As the title says.

Do you use Python within Alpha? If yes, how does it help you? Advantages and disadvantages?

I myself haven't used python. I'm trying to understand if I need to become more familiar with this language and how it might help me be a better developer.

Thanks!
    Mike Brown - Contact Me
    Programmatic Technologies, LLC
    Programmatic-Technologies.com
    Independent Developer & Consultant​​

how it might help me be a better developer

Alpha Anywhere has an array of things (AOT) available to create low-code, no-code fast-fix solutions, however these three offerings don't help you develop or become a developer in my mind, they help you use the convenience of controls developed by AA to build something, you become a builder, rather than creator or developer - so that is the price of convenience, there is lots of Yin with that Yang.

I've been working on how to use AA as a developer by taking control of what is happening (2 years now - had to do something during 173 days of lockdown ), and understanding the inner working of functions and exposing the benefits of the tool sets available only through css and JavaScript and very limited use of repetitive compounding pre-built controls or actions and processes. It's been hard work, but the results are stunning, AA can be great for developers wanting to innovate, you just need to choose well. Unless you take control and understanding of the processes available to you, you are always working in an interpreted environment, this is problematic due to dependency on pre-emptive generalized actions and controls.

I think the power of AA is it's ability to get data into the browser is awesome, but I avoid the clutter of the 90% of controls you don't need that are available, I think of the controls in the left-hand column as a way of doing something, (many of them should be designated legacy in my-view) there are two ways I think of development - transactional processing, processing payments, reporting, business checks and balances etc. (back of office stuff) and Engaging Interaction (EI), where stuff just happens as people interact with each other and use data to do it, like posts, SMS, pictures, like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and so on. Likes, loves ratings, comments etc. in those environments the developers get out of the way of the user and just let the user drive, like touching to submit (commit data to the database) without question, its a fantastic time to be developing.

Anyhow I think you get the idea, I'm documenting every single Hybrid method and process I have developed, I plan to offer this as a product to AA developers in the near future as an alternative (Hybrid way - 'a thing made by combining two different elements'.​) as a full training package, all code, all remarked and interactive video and zoom lessons included. So stay tuned.. needless to say if you want some advice on an issue everyone is welcomed just PM me.

Just saying.. Pete Conway

Here's a quick video of a teeny-weeny UX control using the methods I've developed.

https://www.screencast.com/t/mSLiz9462kSQ

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)
    US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Comment

I advise everyone to have a look at what Pete has done here, it's awesome work taking viewboxes beyond expectations.

Comment

I do not know about Python but I would go with examing javascript in server side. For example Alphas client side templating in server side (yes you did read right) is something unbelievable. I have noticed that SSR is coming a trend again and Alpha is a top tool again. Also I do not understand how little attention Nodejs is getting among Alphas classic server users. There is life outside UX.

Comment

Thanks Lance. It's the future, and that's what everyone wants a piece off.
          Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
          Albert Einstein, (attributed)
          US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Comment

Working...
          X