Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Change Grid based on Tabbed UI button selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Grid based on Tabbed UI button selection

Hi All.

I'm hoping someone has tried to do something like this before. I'm open to other options as well, but this is the way I assumed would work best.

I have a single sql query that populates a grid with project information and a where clause with a variable for 'status'. I want to create two buttons in the tabbed UI that will show the user status 'Pending' projects if they click the first button or status 'WIP' projects if they click the second button. I'm thinking there are two ways to do this, one is to run query that takes an argument for the status and then have that value change from PEND or WIP depending on a button the click on the tabbed UI . Since I'm using a Tabbed UI I thought it would be better to try to work with session variables rather than page variables to change the argument in my grid. The reason I'm not just using two queries is that this will be easier to maintain and there may be a need for similar functionality on other screens and I don't want the number of queries to get out of hand.

I also thought another way would be to remove the status filter from the sql query and then setup a filter in the grid with a default selection and some radio buttons or something like that to change the status type. The thing is we also do not want to show every status type just Pending and Work in progress, so I need a way to specify just those values.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Re: Change Grid based on Tabbed UI button selection

You could just put a search that will filter by "ALL" "WIP" "PEND" or whatever. You could even do something like "WIP & PEND" or a checkbox that will filter whatever combo you want.

Comment

go to my application at https://www.nwcopro.com
      login: [email protected]
      PW: qazwsx

Desktop version and then the Jobs List button (left menu)
      There is a way to sort the jobs by active status and group name, which can be helpful - maybe just what your looking for.

This was all done with Alpha's stock choices in grid setup - very little hand coding at all in this grid!
      All I really do to personalize it was add some icons and of course the session variable that only shows "your company records" vs mine were I to log in as another user.

Is that sort of what your looking at doing?
      if so the search function to find active jobs vs not active jobs (Yes or No) is setup in the properties of the grids Quick Search, by checking quick search and selecting a field. and the control type as drop down box where I setup simple choices.

The choose by tech or job group is a free form layout in the search properties, you just add the fields to the search section and go into the free-form search template, the controls are drop downs so that makes viewing the grid extremely versatile.

Hope that helps!
      NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

Hey Ivasic. I think that could work, but I'm not sure where those options are. I attached a screen shot of the screen where I've been working with searches. I added a list based search but after talking with my team i might just do a dynamic search allowing the user to select on any of the statuses that apply to those particular projects.

SearchGrid.png

Hi Charles,
        I really liked your application, I didn't realize you could do that much with AA and that is what I was trying to do. I ended up doing a drop down and adding PEND AND WIPR to the list of options which looks like what you may have done with Yes and No for active status(I didn't see anything that said Quick Search). I think filters might be better than adding buttons to the UI and making it unnecessarily busy.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

you should be able to do.
          create a grid that you like with a single query and test it and it works good as you want it.
          now in the tabbed ui place a button and call that grid. now fill in all the info needed ( make sure you give unique name to differentiate) and look on the right hand side on the properties of the grid. select base filter and click on the dots to open up a pop up and select filter and select base filter and fill in what needs to be filtered.
          repeat for the next button.
          you should be good to go.
          thanks for reading

gandhi

version 11 3381 - 4096
          mysql backend
          http://www.alphawebprogramming.blogspot.com
          [email protected]
          1 914 924 5171

Comment

Joseph,
            thanks! If your looking for the Quick Search properties, first of all the grid must have a search section, then it will be in the "search section" properties, not grid or detail view properties. You will need a field or fields selected for search to use as I did. Also as far as the capabilities of Alpha go believe me I am shining star as to how far a NOVICE can get. I admittedly cannot write code! The way I see it, I don't need to know how to build a car to drive one or fix it. Give me the tools and I will eventually figure it out! Alpha does a great job of giving me a turbo-vette!
            NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

GGhandi, thanks for that tip! I didn't think the grid filter settings would be in the Tabbed UI properties. I was able to get the buttons setup exactly like I thought using this method. Thanks!

Thanks Ivasic and CharlesParker as well, there are definitely a lot of ways to skin a cat with alpha and I may use those options in the future.

I also haven't had to do much coding either on this project other than some sql statements and setting up session variables, it's pretty impressive.

Comment

Working...
              X