Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Error expanding Grid Part template: Function: 'formatDateTime' was not recognized : line: 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error expanding Grid Part template: Function: 'formatDateTime' was not recognized : line: 2

I upgraded to the latest version 8540-5670. Upgrading has fixed one problem of my linked reports not printing but has now introduced a bug on the main screen where users do all their work. (1 step forward, 2 steps back) There was a row expander on this main data entry screen but I removed it thinking it was that which was causing the problem but the error remains. There are other linked grids but nothing that is linked by a date. The only date field on the main data entry screen is a label formatted as: time("dd-Mon-yy 0h:0m am",<value>)

Any ideas? Thanks.

I found and reported a similar bug in build 8540 over the weekend. It has been corrected in today’s nightly build.

In my case, if I deleted the time field formatting, it worked as expected (although it was not formatted the way I wanted).

You might want to install the current nightly build and see if it solves your issue.

Comment

Thanks, Tim, I'll give that a shot. It works on my development PC just not when published, was that the same with you?

Comment

Hi Tim, I removed the formatting but same problem. Only happens once published though.

I removed the time field completely and published and it worked. Don't know why I didn't try that to begin with but your reply gave me that idea. I'll play with putting it back in etc tonight and let you know what happens.
        Last edited by Jberry; 03-06-2023, 08:04 PM. Reason: Update:

Comment

Originally posted by Jberry View Post
          Thanks, Tim, I'll give that a shot. It works on my development PC just not when published, was that the same with you?
          My issue was a little different but it happened whether in working preview or after publishing.

You might consider installing the latest nightly build or rolling back to the previous release build to see if the problem still exists. That would tell you if build 8540 is the issue.

If you do that, make sure you update both your development and app server at the same time.

Comment

you will get the formatDateTime error if you upgrade the developer version to latest but don't also update the server.
            you should never run with mismatched dev and server versions.

Comment

Just like RT and DT
              See our Hybrid Option here;
              https://hybridapps.example-software.com/

Apologies to anyone I haven't managed to upset yet.
              You are held in a queue and I will get to you soon.

Comment

I thought I had both the same because I went onto the server and did an update but I guess it didn't work for whatever reason. They both now match and it appears to be okay. I do have another issue that started with all this so I'll add it here but I can also start a new thread if that's what I should do.

This happened after I updated the version on the server. I click on my favorite icon in the browser to load my program but I get :

403 Forbidden
                This server does not allow directory browsing.
                You have requested a directory and that directory does not contain a default page.

If you are the server's administrator, you have several options to resolve this error condition:

Create a default page
                Change your default page settings - Modify your default page settings to include a page that already exists in this directory.
                Enable directory browsing - This will display a list of all of the files in your directory and allow site visitors to load any of them

However, if I type https://www.xxxxxxx.com/login.a5w directly into the browser it takes me to the site and I log in and all is good.

I contacted Zebra Host and had a reply of:
                "You can set the default page in the server config that should take care of the /login.a5w issue". I rarely go into the server settings I'm not 100% sure if I have this right. I have attached a screen shot of the server, the build is correct, and as far as I can tell, the index.a5w is correct. Does it look right or am I missing something?

As always....thanks

-John

Attached Files

Comment

A few more screen shots in case somebody sees something I'm missing.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Dafault Page - I don't undertand why you are make reference to www. here - it already knows where the webroot is (it is the webroot) in the location above just wants the folder and file name.
                    Pete
                    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
                    Albert Einstein, (attributed)
                    US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Comment

All,
                      I got the error: Error expanding Grid Part template: Function: 'formatDateTime' was not recognized : Line: 2 today 5-8-2023
                      I've got Version 8565-5671 on both dev and prod servers. This issue only occurs in the Prod environment., I have been on this version for a couple of weeks without an issue.
                      Other posters suggested to install the daily build. I did not do that because it says not to put the daily build in a production environment and I am at a version later than those earlier posters were in already where it was said the issue was fixed.
                      My grid does NOT have a row expander
                      My grid has only one date format type field in it and it is on the detail tab
                      I tried resetting the display format using one of the pre-defined formats time("yyyy-MM-dd",&lt;value&gt;) but that did not fix the error.
                      I removed the field and put it back, same error,
                      I removed the field, put it back and changed to another pre-defined format, same error

Temporary Solution
                      I deleted the field from the detail part of the grid and the error is gone.
                      This will get me through for the short term but I would like to get that field working again in my grid.

Thanks for any ideas or help you can offer

Sincerely

Kevin

Comment

sounds like a bug to me, might be worth it to send in a bug report. If they can reproduce the error, it will get fixed in short order.
                        NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

Working...
                        X