Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Has Anyone updated to the latest release 8867? is it stable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Anyone updated to the latest release 8867? is it stable?

Hello,
    The title says everything...

Thank you

going by other posts it definitely 'stabe'

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)
    US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

Comment

Thanks pete,
      I will update and I hope I don't get stabbed :lol

Comment

I have a Cordova app that runs offline on Android. It is a data intensive app that has upwards of 50 lists that are persisted to the file system. I know some of these lists can be converted to data cache, but that is a conversation for another time.

The app currently takes 24 seconds to load as it restores all these lists from the file system. I tried the new version of Alpha (8867) and the new static html page feature for loading the app which is supposed to make it much faster. Load time actually got worse at 47 seconds. I then went back to using the a5w page, and load time was about 38 seconds. So even without using the new static html feature, my app still loaded almost 15 seconds slower on the new version of Alpha.

Anyway, I am sure this is a problem that most will not have as most do not have apps with as many lists as mine. Besides this, I haven't noticed any other problems with 8867.

Comment

Hi,
          Thank you for the feedback, I also have a cordova app that is slow, with multiple lists (I didn't count) but more than 10.
          For me even navigating through the app is slow if it is on a slow device. I mean I need an android phone with 8gb ram and a good processor in order for it to be smooth.
          I use "client side data cache" so loading the app is not that slow, I tried to use SQLite but I found there is a learning curve and I don't have time for it now

I will update within the weekend and post back here,

Have a nice day

Comment

I found it worked very well. However, I have a part that is loaded based on the URL that the page comes from and haven't got around to figuring that one out yet, so a lot of my pages are on hold converting to the cache. But the ones that don't load much, much faster.

Comment

Trying out the new update so far so good however I am running into an issue with security settings on the new htmlstatic page - looking in where I think everything is and making sure the security settings are good doesn't seem to help. Not sure if its because I am using a page alias or not but will certainly post back anything I find.
              NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

not sure if there is a bug or what, but turning off security at page & component level def affects the static html page and individually setting it to always allowed does not seem to grant permission to the page generated.
                NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

Are you viewing locally or publishing to a server? I've found that the entire thing has to be published locally in order to get anything to work. It doesn't work as simple as a live preview in Chrome like the video.

Comment

I get this error when attempting to create the static page. definitely think its a bug but probably very difficult for them to reproduce outside of my machine. I am considering recreating the component from scratch to see if happens only with components made with a previous version of AA - but man this component has 445 objects! I know because I attempted to copy all of the controls and paste them into a new UX - that caused another error, lol.
                    staticpage-error.png

Comment

Are you using a nightly build or a stable release? That looks like a bug for sure.

That's a huge component. I have one with 597 that keeps corrupting on me and every few months I have to copy everything to a new UX. Something to do with the button actions all converting themselves to text. Selwyn looked at it and wasn't able to figure out why. Still works fine, just slower to save and the buttons now need to be edited manually if needed. Annoying.

However, I did apply the static HTML page to it though the TabbedUI and it sped it up incredibly fast when loading.

Comment

Using the last stable release, still having the issue. Tried everything I can think of other than as I said actually creating a new component and then seeing if I get the same error. One thing I know about submitting bug reports is that you really need to be able to reproduce it with a test case. Sometimes in building it you find the issue is not reproducible, and points to the component itself for whatever reason. I am looking forward to automagically improving speed, glad you got it working for you - hope to get there soon!

Comment

Hi Charles,
                          When this happens to me, I try to delete controls from the components to see what is giving the error,
                          The problem it is time consuming since sometimes you have to remove the code underlying so it does not give an error.
                          I have a component with 528 objects and I am being paranoid, I have many many many many copies of it :)

I just upgraded now, I am seeing what will happens.

I hope you will be able to solve it

Comment

Charles, it must be something in your component. And yes, I too hate when that happens. I installed the last stable build and used an old backup of my huge component. It created it just fine with no error. I would try a separate install of the latest nightly update and see if that fixes the issue. I have multiple installs and play with the nightly updates and new stuff and help with bugs. I guess it's the ADHD to find something new to play with. I know I did run across a few issues with the static HTML throughout the builds, but don't recall offhand. But also, don't want to confuse anyone newer here by reporting on those things. Feel free to message me about the nightly stuff so we don't get in trouble. :)

Comment

Building the Cordova app failed :(
                              Everything else seems to work fine for me.
                              I will try the PWA, if it works, I might get rid of Cordova and use the new PWA

Comment

Working...
                              X