Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Javascript object to array and delete some key? Need help on javascript syntax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Javascript object to array and delete some key? Need help on javascript syntax

The method getListdata() works perfect.... almost for me And my Javascript skills are letting me down

I want to grab the field value of 1 row in a list and store it in a JSONFORM
    But I don't want to define the JSONFORM as a detailview of that list, nor do I want to have any databinding on the JSONFORM

I get as result from a list (row):

Code:
    [{"Kontpers_volg_nummer":"326","Relaties_nummer":"40","Kontpers_default":"","Kontpers_achternaam":"nummertje 5","Kontpers_voorletters":"","Kontpers_tussenvoegsel":"","Kontpers_geslacht":"V","Titu_kod_titulatuur":"Mevrouw","Aans_kod_aanspreking":"Geachte mevrouw","Kontpers_roepnaam":"Lena","Kontpers_opmerkingen":"Dit is het memoveld en de memo opmerkingen","Kontpers_tweede":"","Kontpers_funktie":"directrice","KontpersArchief":"","KontpersAchterVoegsel":"","KontpersGeboorteDatum":"","KontpersIdentieteitsbewij":"88888888","Kontpers_niet_in_bericht":"","__primaryKey":"326","__selected":true}]
    If I use the code above with setValue(JSONFORM), the field of the form are filled, but the form becomes uneditable.

How do I remove in Javascript: the brackets [ ]
    and preferably also the last two data pair- inclusive comma: ,"__primaryKey":"326","__selected":true

So I need as result a javascript variable containing:

Code:
    {"Kontpers_volg_nummer":"326","Relaties_nummer":"40","Kontpers_default":"","Kontpers_achternaam":"nummertje 5","Kontpers_voorletters":"","Kontpers_tussenvoegsel":"","Kontpers_geslacht":"V","Titu_kod_titulatuur":"Mevrouw","Aans_kod_aanspreking":"Geachte mevrouw","Kontpers_roepnaam":"Lena","Kontpers_opmerkingen":"Dit is het memoveld en de memo opmerkingen","Kontpers_tweede":"","Kontpers_funktie":"directrice","KontpersArchief":"","KontpersAchterVoegsel":"","KontpersGeboorteDatum":"","KontpersIdentieteitsbewij":"88888888","Kontpers_niet_in_bericht":""}
    If I feed this code to the jsonform with SetValue, everything works as a charm.

Thanks
    Ger Kurvers
    Alpha Anywhere / V4.6.1.9- Build 6488 (production) / V4.6.5.1 - 8722-5683(testing)
    Development: Mysql, windows 10 64 Applicationserver: standard on Windows server 2019

Hi Ger... Time to cheat.
    2023-12-13_17-54-27.jpg
    Gregg
    https://paiza.io is a great site to test and share sql code

Comment

Hi Ger,

While Greggs nice code will give you the result you need, this is much simpler with a viewbox instead of a list and give you a much lighter component.

If you configure your viewbox to look like a list similar to Selwyn's video "AA UX Viewbox Making A List" - Videos - Viddler​ and then set your list value ({Action} in the video) to {[count]} and then in the items tab of the viewbox builder set the onClick event to
      Code:
       var _D=this.data[v];
      {dialog.object}.setValue('JSONFORM_NAME',_D);
      this will give you the object data needed to populate the Jsonform
      As per attached crude but very fast example
      Attached Files

Comment

Gregg, I see you're embracing ChatGPT! Do you like it so far? I love it.

This is a little different, but works great, I've added some code for testing, commented for its removal, and added the commented out code to setValue, and get data as well if this is what you want.

//Use this to test that it works how you like, then remove it.
        var data = [
        {
        "Kontpers_volg_nummer": "326",
        "Relaties_nummer": "40",
        "Kontpers_default": "",
        "Kontpers_achternaam": "nummertje 5",
        "Kontpers_voorletters": "",
        "Kontpers_tussenvoegsel": "",
        "Kontpers_geslacht": "V",
        "Titu_kod_titulatuur": "Mevrouw",
        "Aans_kod_aanspreking": "Geachte mevrouw",
        "Kontpers_roepnaam": "Lena",
        "Kontpers_opmerkingen": "Dit is het memoveld en de memo opmerkingen",
        "Kontpers_tweede": "",
        "Kontpers_funktie": "directrice",
        "KontpersArchief": "",
        "KontpersAchterVoegsel": "",
        "KontpersGeboorteDatum": "",
        "KontpersIdentieteitsbewij": "88888888",
        "Kontpers_niet_in_bericht": "",
        "__primaryKey": "326",
        "__selected": true
        }
        ];

//Use the below line of code to get the value, instead of using the above hardcoded test example
        //var data = {dialog.object}.getListData('LIST1');

var formattedData = data.map(function (item) {
        var newItem = Object.assign({}, item);
        delete newItem['__primaryKey'];
        delete newItem['__selected'];
        return newItem;
        });

var formattedDataJSON = JSON.stringify(formattedData);
        var formattedDataWithoutBrackets = formattedDataJSON.slice(1, -1);

//Below code will alert the output, then remove once you use the setValue
        alert(formattedDataWithoutBrackets);

//Use this to set value
        //{Dialog.Object}.setValue('EnterControlNameHere', formattedDataWithoutBrackets);

Additionally, the only reason for this amount of code, is to remove data from the array. If you didn't want to remove the fields, it would be much cleaner as:

var data = {dialog.object}.getListData('LIST1');
        var dataJSON = JSON.stringify(data);​

Comment

Russell Craycraft I did that specifically because last week's demo.
          My preferred way to use chatGPT is to put Fix this : before the code I can't seem to get right.
          The code I provided, not including the array of objects definition and the console log is all
          of 3 short lines.

Lance Gurd Due to the love Alpha gives the list control while ignoring the viewbox, I've
          stopped trying to convince people to use the viewbox.
          Gregg

Comment

madtowng I often wish that Alpha would add some of the list methods for the viewbox, but then realise a) it only bloats the component, which we don't want and b) most of what they do in the list control is only programming which can be emulated in the viewbox anyway

Comment

We know that’s especially true for finding and filtering.
              One of these days I’ll learn how to add images to my viewboxes.
              Gregg

Comment

Originally posted by madtowng View Post
                Hi Ger... Time to cheat.
                Thanks Greg!
                I had your solution working, and I learned a lot extra of javascript and resources for it, Even used chatgpt in BING to find out how to get the variable listdata in the array instead of hardcoding it,
                But than came Russel with his solution, which was easier to understand for me. So I choosed that. (see my reaction on his post)

Ger Kurvers
                Alpha Anywhere / V4.6.1.9- Build 6488 (production) / V4.6.5.1 - 8722-5683(testing)
                Development: Mysql, windows 10 64 Applicationserver: standard on Windows server 2019

Comment

madtowng, I find you have to boss ChatGPT around. I was being too nice for it to work correctly. Also, I started adding Fix this javascript, mssql, or mysql, because I am using too many now.

cptutrecht THERE ARE REACTIONS HERE?!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Gurd View Post
                    Hi Ger,
                    While Greggs nice code will give you the result you need, this is much simpler with a viewbox instead of a list and give you a much lighter component.
                    Hi Lance,
                    I agree, and would like a solution with viewbox more. But I haven't discoverd yet possibilities to have a page navigater in a viewbox footer and a nice keyword search option, which I want to implement at this place.

But I try to avoid to make havey use of the list featured. Esspecially here in Holland we certainly don't need the disconnected features of the list because the quality of internetconnections. So:
                    - I don't use the detailview features
                    - don't use the list for update or inserts, hesitate about deletes
                    - stay away form parent/child connections between component as much as possible, use client site javascript for that as much as possible
                    - use JSONFORM for updates and inserts, and take care that I can do that with 1 JForm per entity

In this way it will also a small task to replace list later with viewboxes if they would become more versatile.
                    But maybe the JSONForm will evolve in that role...
                    Ger Kurvers

Comment

Ger,
                      Thanks to Lance Gurd and Pete Conway I chose to work with viewboxes instead of the list control.

If you can deal with functionality over appearance, my VideoFinderProject is a practical example of
                      using search in a viewbox.

The searches are all performed client-side.
                      Gregg

Comment

[QUOTE=
                        Additionally, the only reason for this amount of code, is to remove data from the array. If you didn't want to remove the fields, it would be much cleaner as:

var data = {dialog.object}.getListData('LIST1');
                        var dataJSON = JSON.stringify(data);​[/QUOTE]

Thanks Russel!

I implemented you solution and it workes great.

Unfortunately the quoted easy solution above is a no go: the brackets make that the JSONFORM becomes uneditable after the fields are filled.
                        The extra fields is not a problem here. But I have to remove them before feeding them into a sql_upsert command.

Would be no big deal to to that in a XB pointer. I have to do some work in xbasic anyway because the JSONFORM checkbox an combox return 'false' if they are empty and touched. Even if you set the off-value to ""....

Below my implementation of your code, i placed it in the onclick event of an edit icon on the list row'.

Code:
                        //Value of persons_list is primary key kontpers_volg_nummer of the row we clicked on
                        var listObj = {dialog.object}.getControl('PERSONS_LIST');
                        var _keyPersons = {dialog.Object}.getValue('PERSONS_LIST');

//alert("s0 Kontpers_volg_nummer = key field of the list: " + _keyPersons);

//We filter the list by this value
                        listObj.filterListClientSide(_keyPersons);

//We get json data of only the row we clicked on
                        var _dataListRow = {dialog.Object}.getListData('PERSONS_LIST');
                        //alert("s1 listrow raw data: " + _dataListRow);

//and remove the list filter
                        listObj.filterListClientSide('');

//Start code Russel Craycraft,20231214, to remove [] and 2 system fields
                        //The brackets causes to become the JSONFORM uneditable
                        //The extra fields we have to remove them here do that in xb before feeding it tot the sql_upsert funtion

var formattedData = _dataListRow.map(function (item) {
                        var newItem = Object.assign({}, item);
                        delete newItem['__primaryKey'];
                        delete newItem['__selected'];
                        return newItem;
                        });

var formattedDataJSON = JSON.stringify(formattedData);
                        var formattedDataWithoutBrackets = formattedDataJSON.slice(1, -1);

var _dataPersons_JF = formattedDataWithoutBrackets;
                        //end code Russel Craycraft

var _dataPersons_JF = formattedDataWithoutBrackets;

//We set the value of the JSON Form
                        //{Dialog.object}.setValue('JSONFORM::Persons_JF::Kontpers_opmerkingen',_dataPersons_JF); //-for testing--
                        {Dialog.object}.setValue('Persons_JF',_dataPersons_JF);

// we bring forward the Persons_JF crud panel
                        {dialog.object}.panelSetActive('PANELCARD_PERSONS_DETAILVIEW_CRUD',true);​
                        Ger Kurvers

Comment

You're welcome.
                          I'm not familiar with view boxes, but use lists. Alpha has done great with building them out, and I haven't seen anything that I'd rather switch out of yet.

Much like some of the people still using grids I guess. Eventually, I'll look into JSON Forms or view boxes, but until I have a real client need for it, I'll stay where I'm at.

Comment

Ger,
                            Are you willing to export your component so we can see what you're looking at?
                            It really would make things a lot easier.
                            Gregg

Comment

Originally posted by madtowng View Post
                              Ger,
                              Are you willing to export your component so we can see what you're looking at?
                              It really would make things a lot easier.
                              Hi Gregg

No .problem, attached the component I'm working on and the mysql table you need for it.
                              It is a childcomponent, but the parent is not needed for testing editing existing persons, new is not possible without it.
                              The xbasis function sql-combi is work in progress, i know there are errors in the data correction section

If someone needs acces to a testenvironment, pls dm me​
                              Attached Files
                              Ger Kurvers

Comment

Working...
                              X