Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Report Based On Multiple SQL Queries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madtowng View Post
    You might want to add another column to each part of the union all query, in this case I would add 'QaOutputWater' as 'fromtable' to the first query, and 'QaOutputPlastic' as 'fromtable' to the second query.
    This obviously gives you a way to determine where it's from.
    I think this is the right track. Unfortunately, MS SQL doesn't let me return table name.
    Alpha Anywhere v12.4.6.5.2 Build 8867-5691 IIS v10.0 on Windows Server 2019 Std in Hyper-V

Comment

Okay, had to enter the table name as a text field. This does work ..

Union All.jpg

I should be able to combine all the queries into one this way. That should work for using it in a report.

THANK YOU everyone for the great suggestions, this was a very interesting challenge.
      Alpha Anywhere v12.4.6.5.2 Build 8867-5691 IIS v10.0 on Windows Server 2019 Std in Hyper-V

Comment

sorry i wasn’t more specific about how to add those columns but glad to see you figured it out.
        Gregg
        https://paiza.io is a great site to test and share sql code

Comment

This may work for you better? I'm probably just shooting from the hip at this point though.

SELECT COALESCE(w.MachineId, p.MachineId, m.MachineId, me.MachineId, bm.MachineId, img.MachineId, mm.MachineId, pr.MachineId, vm.MachineId) AS MachineId, COALESCE(w.MachineDisplayName, p.MachineDisplayName, m.MachineDisplayName, me.MachineDisplayName, bm.MachineDisplayName, img.MachineDisplayName, mm.MachineDisplayName, pr.MachineDisplayName, vm.MachineDisplayName) AS MachineDisplayName, w.QaId AS OutputWaterQaId, w.Day AS OutputWaterDay, w.ElapsedDays AS OutputWaterElapsedDays, w.PrimaryPhys AS OutputWaterPrimaryPhys, w.BackupPhys AS OutputWaterBackupPhys, w.Approved AS OutputWaterApproved, p.QaId AS OutputPlasticQaId, p.Day AS OutputPlasticDay, p.ElapsedDays AS OutputPlasticElapsedDays, p.PrimaryPhys AS OutputPlasticPrimaryPhys, p.BackupPhys AS OutputPlasticBackupPhys, p.Approved AS OutputPlasticApproved, -- Repeat this pattern for the remaining tables (m, me, bm, img, mm, pr, vm) FROM (SELECT MAX(OutputWaterQaId) AS QaId, MachineDisplayName, MachineId, Day, ABS(DATEDIFF(DAY, GETDATE(), Day)) AS ElapsedDays, PrimaryPhys, BackupPhys, Approved FROM QaOutputWater GROUP BY MachineId) w LEFT JOIN (SELECT MAX(OutputPlasticQaId) AS QaId, MachineDisplayName, MachineId, Day, ABS(DATEDIFF(DAY, GETDATE(), Day)), PrimaryPhys, BackupPhys, Approved FROM QaOutputPlastic GROUP BY MachineId) p ON w.MachineId = p.MachineId LEFT JOIN (SELECT MAX(WeeklyMlcQaId) AS QaId, MachineDisplayName, MachineId, Day, ABS(DATEDIFF(DAY, GETDATE(), Day)), PrimaryPhys, BackupPhys, Approved FROM QaWeeklyMlc GROUP BY MachineId) m ON w.MachineId = m.MachineId LEFT JOIN (SELECT MAX(WeeklyMechQaId) AS QaId, MachineDisplayName, MachineId, Day, ABS(DATEDIFF(DAY, GETDATE(), Day)), PrimaryPhys, BackupPhys, Approved FROM QaWeeklyMechanical GROUP BY MachineId) me ON w.MachineId = me.MachineId LEFT JOIN (SELECT MAX(BiWeeklyMechQaId) AS QaId, MachineDisplayName, MachineId, Day, ABS(DATEDIFF(DAY, GETDATE(), Day)), PrimaryPhys, BackupPhys, Approved FROM QaBiWeeklyMechanical GROUP BY MachineId) bm ON w.MachineId = bm.MachineId LEFT JOIN (SELECT MAX(MonthlyImgQaId) AS QaId, MachineDisplayName, MachineId, Day, ABS(DATEDIFF(DAY, GETDATE(), Day)), PrimaryPhys, BackupPhys, Approved FROM QaMonthlyImaging GROUP BY MachineId) img ON w.MachineId = img.MachineId LEFT JOIN (SELECT MAX(MonthlyMechQaId) AS QaId, MachineDisplayName, MachineId, Day, ABS(DATEDIFF(DAY, GETDATE(), Day)), PrimaryPhys, BackupPhys, Approved vbnetCopy code
          FROM QaMonthlyMechanical GROUP BY MachineId) mm ON w.MachineId = mm.MachineId
          LEFT JOIN (SELECT MAX(MonthlyProfilerQaId) AS QaId, MachineDisplayName, MachineId, Day, ABS(DATEDIFF(DAY, GETDATE(), Day)), PrimaryPhys, BackupPhys, Approved FROM QaMonthlyProfiler GROUP BY MachineId) pr ON w.MachineId = pr.MachineId LEFT JOIN (SELECT MAX(MonthlyVMAT2QaId) AS QaId, MachineDisplayName, MachineId, Day, ABS(DATEDIFF(DAY, GETDATE(), Day)), PrimaryPhys, BackupPhys, Approved FROM QaMonthlyVMAT2 GROUP BY MachineId) vm ON w.MachineId = vm.MachineId ORDER BY MachineId;

Comment

My bad. I didn't see that there were already 2 pages to this post. I'm glad the other seemed to work for you. What I sent last may or may not work. It's hard to work in a database you can't see or test lol.

Comment

So here is the final working report Query ...

Code:
              SELECT OutputWaterQaId,        
              'Water Output' AS Tablename,
              MachineDisplayName AS OutputWaterMachineDisplayName,
              MachineId AS OutputWaterMachineId,
              Day AS OutputWaterDay,
              Abs(DATEDIFF(day, GETDATE(), Day)) AS OutputWaterElapsedDays,
              PrimaryPhys AS OutputWaterPrimaryPhys,
              BackupPhys AS OutputWaterBackupPhys,
              Approved AS OutputWaterApproved
              FROM QaOutputWater
              WHERE OutputWaterQaId IN (SELECT MAX(OutputWaterQaId) FROM QaOutputWater GROUP BY MachineId)

UNION ALL

SELECT OutputPlasticQaId,
              'Energy Ratio' AS Tablename,
              MachineDisplayName AS OutputPlasticMachineDisplayName,
              MachineId AS OutputPlasticMachineId,
              Day AS OutputPlasticDay,
              Abs(DATEDIFF(day, GETDATE(), Day)) AS OutputPlasticElapsedDays,
              PrimaryPhys AS OutputPlasticPrimaryPhys,
              BackupPhys AS OutputPlasticBackupPhys,
              Approved AS OutputPlasticApproved
              FROM QaOutputPlastic
              WHERE OutputPlasticQaId IN (SELECT MAX(OutputPlasticQaId) FROM QaOutputPlastic GROUP BY MachineId)

UNION ALL

SELECT     WeeklyMlcQaId,
              'Weekly MLC' as Tablename,
              MachineDisplayName AS WeeklyMLCMachineDisplayName,
              MachineId AS WeeklyMLCMachineId,
              Day AS WeeklyMLCDay,
              Abs(DATEDIFF(day, GetDate(), Day)) AS WeeklyMLCElapsedDays,
              PrimaryPhys AS WeeklyMLCPrimaryPhys,
              BackupPhys AS WeeklyMLCBackupPhys,
              Approved AS WeeklyMLCApproved
              FROM QaWeeklyMlc
              WHERE WeeklyMlcQaId IN (SELECT MAX(WeeklyMlcQaId) FROM QaWeeklyMlc GROUP BY MachineId)

UNION ALL

SELECT     WeeklyMechQaId,
              'Weekly Mechanical' AS Tablename,
              MachineDisplayName AS WeeklyMechMachineDisplayName,
              MachineId AS WeeklyMechMachineId,
              Day AS WeeklyMechDay,
              Abs(DATEDIFF(day,  GetDate() , Day) )  AS WeeklyMechElapsedDays,
              PrimaryPhys AS WeeklyMechPrimaryPhys,
              BackupPhys AS WeeklyMechBackupPhys,
              Approved AS WeeklyMechApproved    
              FROM QaWeeklyMechanical
              WHERE WeeklyMechQaId IN (SELECT MAX(WeeklyMechQaId) FROM QaWeeklyMechanical GROUP BY MachineId)

UNION ALL

SELECT  BiWeeklyMechQaId,
              'Bi-Weekly Mechanical' AS Tablename,
              MachineDisplayName AS BiWeeklyMechMachineDisplayName,
              MachineId AS BiWeeklyMechMachineId,
              Day AS BiWeeklyMechDay,
              Abs(DATEDIFF(day, GetDate(), Day)) AS BiWeeklyMechElapsedDays,
              PrimaryPhys AS BiWeeklyMechPrimaryPhys,
              BackupPhys AS BiWeeklyMechBackupPhys,
              Approved AS BiWeeklyMechApproved
              FROM QaBiWeeklyMechanical
              WHERE BiWeeklyMechQaId IN (SELECT MAX(BiWeeklyMechQaId) FROM QaBiWeeklyMechanical GROUP BY MachineId)  

UNION ALL

SELECT     MonthlyImgQaId,
              'Monthly Imaging' AS Tablename,
              MachineDisplayName AS MonthlyImgMachineDisplayName,
              MachineId AS MonthlyImgMachineId,
              Day AS MonthlyImgDay,
              Abs(DATEDIFF(day,  GetDate() , Day) )  AS MonthlyImgElapsedDays,
              PrimaryPhys AS MonthlyImgPrimaryPhys,
              BackupPhys AS MonthlyImgBackupPhys,
              Approved AS MonthlyImgApproved
              FROM QaMonthlyImaging
              WHERE MonthlyImgQaId IN (SELECT MAX(MonthlyImgQaId) FROM QaMonthlyImaging GROUP BY MachineId)  

UNION ALL

SELECT     MonthlyMechQaId,
              'Monthly Mechanical' AS Tablename,
              MachineDisplayName AS MonthlyMechMachineDisplayName,
              MachineId AS MonthlyMechMachineId,
              Day AS MonthlyMechDay,
              Abs( DATEDIFF(day,  GetDate() , Day) )  AS MonthlyMechElapsedDays,
              PrimaryPhys AS MonthlyMechPrimaryPhys,
              BackupPhys AS MonthlyMechBackupPhys,
              Approved AS MonthlyMechApproved
              FROM QaMonthlyMechanical
              WHERE MonthlyMechQaId IN (SELECT MAX(MonthlyMechQaId) FROM QaMonthlyMechanical GROUP BY MachineId)

UNION ALL

SELECT MonthlyProfilerQaId,
              'Monthly Profiler' AS Tablename,
              MachineDisplayName AS MonthlyProfilerMachineDisplayName,
              MachineId AS MonthlyProfilerMachineId,
              Day AS MonthlyProfilerDay,
              Abs(DATEDIFF(day, GetDate(), Day)) AS MonthlyProfilerElapsedDays,
              PrimaryPhys AS MonthlyProfilerPrimaryPhys,
              BackupPhys AS MonthlyProfilerBackupPhys,
              Approved AS MonthlyProfilerApproved
              FROM QaMonthlyProfiler
              WHERE MonthlyProfilerQaId IN (SELECT MAX(MonthlyProfilerQaId) FROM QaMonthlyProfiler GROUP BY MachineId)  

UNION ALL

SELECT MonthlyVMAT2QaId,
              'Monthly VMAT' AS Tablename,
              MachineDisplayName AS MonthlyVMAT2MachineDisplayName,
              MachineId AS MonthlyVMAT2MachineId,
              Day AS MonthlyVMAT2Day,
              Abs(DATEDIFF(day, GetDate(), Day)) AS MonthlyVMAT2ElapsedDays,
              PrimaryPhys AS MonthlyVMAT2PrimaryPhys,
              BackupPhys AS MonthlyVMAT2BackupPhys,
              Approved AS MonthlyVMAT2Approved
              FROM QaMonthlyVMAT2
              WHERE MonthlyVMAT2QaId IN (SELECT MAX(MonthlyVMAT2QaId) FROM QaMonthlyVMAT2 GROUP BY MachineId)

ORDER BY TableName, OutputWaterMachineId

​
              Which gives me the summary report I need ...

Final Report.jpg

I just need to pretty up the report a bit.
              And for some reason the final line with ORDER BY TableName, OutputWaterMachineId works in SSMS but Alpha complains about the syntax (whether or not I use Portable or Native SQL and despite the Alpha Preview showing the proper sorted results .. weird).

Thanks again everyone for you help and suggestions with this.

Comment

I'm glad you got it working.

Now just get ChatGPT lol. The free version was worth so much in time savings, that I got the paid subscription last week. (I know I keep pushing people towards it, but it really is that great). I didn't have time to build the query yesterday, but I had time to use your originals and make it build it for you.

Comment

I just created an account

Comment

Congrats!
                    You need to boss it around though, and be specific, but you'll get the hang of it.

Try make this JavaScript better "insert code after"

Or Fix this ms sql query ...
                    But put in ms sql or in MySQL so it's consistent.

Comment

It just solved my issue with my ORDER BY issue.
                      I created a stored procedure for the report.

Does this mean I can't claim that I am the sole developer of my application now?

Comment

You'll always be the "soul" developer
                        NWCOPRO: Nuisance Wildlife Control Software My Application: http://www.nwcopro.com "Without forgetting, we would have no memory at all...now what was I saying?"

Comment

...also didn't see there are two pages to this post and the issue has already been resolved...

Lately, I've started setting up all of my Alpha reports to use a "custom data source", rather than a specific SQL query. As a result, I can use Xbasic code to access every element of the "e" object that gets passed in and control the exact data the report should print. And that way, all of the SQL queries have been done by the viewboxes, lists, etc before the user chooses the report they want to produce. At print time, I simply send a customized comma-delimited string of data along to the report and it works quite well. Not sure if that approach would work for you in this case, but if you just want your report to include the contents of a single viewbox, no matter how the data got there, it could be an option.
                          Last edited by pcsystems; 01-21-2024, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X