Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

alpha anywhere grid save line item not working on android phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alpha anywhere grid save line item not working on android phone

alpha anywhere grid save line item not working on android phone(grid embedded in UX). The app when put on browser works. In android app I do see data in grid but save tap does not do anything. If I open the web app in android via chrome it works but not via app published to android app via phone gap. I have ajax call back correct as I see the data in grid on android app but save, submit taps on phone does not do anything. I tried grid with details and grid with inline editing. All the save actions for grid are not working on android phone.(but it shows data means ajax callback is pulling data), same grid add/update is working on chrome on browser/phone chrome browser.
    Last edited by amitloh; 06-26-2017, 10:32 PM.

Re: alpha anywhere grid save line item not working on android phone

Are you sure your URL for Ajax Callbacks is correct? Including a Grid as an Embedded Object I'm seeing the same behaviour. The Grid has data but callbacks won't work.

Create a Grid Toolbar button which makes an Ajax Callback and returns a simple alert. Then you'll know for sure.

Also, have you published your UX and your Grid? Is security set appropriately?

EDIT: Corrected info about Grid data
    Last edited by Davidk; 06-26-2017, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Ok thanks David, I am checking this now(alert). Yes, UX and grid are published. My first official alpha project started now today and I need to do this rapidly.

Comment

I used test component from https://www.alphasoftware.com/alphaf...d-mobile-login
        and on my phone it says ajaxcallback failed... How do I fix it, its working from remote browser on laptop and chrome on android phone but not on app.

Comment

I don't know if I've ever seen a Grid within a PGB app. How have you included the Grid in the UX?

Comment

Hi David,

I included grid as embedded component(normal standard way) and its working on chrome and android chrome but not as android app published via phonegap(I do see data on app in grid but save and submit taps do nothing on android app). All grid actions(next/previous, save, submit, cancel) shown in below picture not working on android phone app(works in chrome on phone, desktop browser). I am going to send this to alpha support as well as grid is important for this app to work.
            goal.png

Comment

Publishing is working and I do see data via chrome on android with update but as soon as I do it via android app(published via phonegap) all grid actions stop working but I do see data in grid. Panel card switch is working but grid is not working on android app.

dd.png
              dd1.png

Comment

My ajax callback test is failing on android phone. I am trying to investigate.

Comment

I've said this a number of times before... the Grid is not appropriate for Mobile use. It is not a touch enabled, touch friendly, scroll friendly component. Use a List with Detail View or a FormView with Editors instead.

Comment

Thanks David. Are you saying grid does not work on mobile? or its not advisable. Grid has so many functionalities like inline editing/linked grids which is huge.

Comment

At best... not advisable. At worst... it's just too tough to work with. By default, the Grid is not responsive or as touch friendly as the UX. You could probably make some aspects of this work nicely... but it's going to be a lot of hoops to jump through. The Grid is excellent for Web... and even for Web Mobile (if you're running device large enough to show your full Grid). For Mobile via PGB you're going to run into a number of obstacles.

Comment

Thanks David. I first need to resolve this ajax callback failing in android app. I do not see any logs so I am just looking into alternate ways to fix this issue.

Comment

Editors are not going work for us as it has save click usability issue(if you have 10 fields you click 10 times to save and then sync- our app is sports app- user will not be clicking 10 times to save or register a form or grid data), they need to be able to bulk edit inside app and quickly fill up their schedule and matches (save-save-sync will not work). I am trying to find how user can fill grid style data in mobile app using alpha and hit save at once. We have only 4 columns with small amount of data but need bulk way to add, update, edit multiple rows by players who are on the run or on the ground(they will not have time to save one field sync- save second field- sync as shown on editor sample)

Comment

How do I do bulk editing in mobile app for below screenshot?goals.png

Comment

You don't have to save 10 times for 10 fields. That's just one way to get it done. The FormView control can display Editors in a Disclosure or a PanelCard. When the 1st field is accessed for editing you can then Next/Prev through all the fields. Make a change... Next... make a change... Next... all changes complete... Save & Sync in 1 click.

Comment

Working...
                              X