Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Change Alpha Five Theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Alpha Five Theme

How do you change the Alpha Five Theme. I found the settings and I can change within the settings already established but how do I add a new one. I would like to put a picture in the main workspace/desktop area. If that is not possible, I want to at least give it a compatible color to the forms in the application.

Thanks for your help

Re: Change Alpha Five Theme

On Stylesheets select "Create New"

Comment

Talking about the main Alpha 5 work area. If no workspace is open,what is left is the area I am talking about. The CSS do not affect that area.

Comment

Originally posted by cmshore View Post
        . . . I found the settings and I can change within the settings already established but how do I add a new one. . .
        In that workspace - where you select settings, to the right.

Comment

Ok, in the main Alpha window with NO workspace open, if you go to View/Settings, you get this screen:

settings.JPG

on the left, under Preferences, you get Miscellaneous Preferences where "Alpha Five Theme" is listed. I want to add a file to the "value" list of my choices. How do I add a new file?

Comment

I didnt get what you call the main Alpha window.
            Use this method.
            Open a form form that you have set style the way you want - in edit - right click - button "create new" - will create a style with the name you choose

Comment

This settings area does not seem dependent on the stylesheets. In fact the options on the list, do not contain any of the default stylesheets. I have a created stylesheet that is for my current project. It does not appear on this list. However, logically, it must have a stylesheet to define the menu colours, header area, and main work area. So, where is it, how do I change it?

Comment

If, as you say, you created a stylesheet, did you save it and give it a name?
                Not?
                Then its just a form, styled the way you did it. On its own it is not a stylesheet.
                Open that form, in design mode .. follow instruction in my last post to save it as a stylesheet.

Comment

Yes, the stylesheets was saved. It is used with my application in the workspace. This is what is frustrating. It does not show on the above screen. Please step through my steps then can anyone tell me where I can access my stylesheet so that I can change the main area.

Comment

I beleive that the stylesheets have no effect on the main area of alpha, just forms, browses etc. The main area is controlled by the windows themes as far as I can tell.
                    Bill Griffin
                    Parkell, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by cmshore View Post
                      Yes, the stylesheets was saved. It is used with my application in the workspace. This is what is frustrating. It does not show on the above screen. Please step through my steps then can anyone tell me where I can access my stylesheet so that I can change the main area.
                      Why?

Comment

Read my post on 11/09 at 11:24 pm. This is not dependent on the windows settingms as it can be changed. I want it compatible with the stylesheet settings of my application. If I can make a selection in the "View Settings" window then the list should be updateable somewhere.

Comment

I don't believe you can change it to anything than the choices you are presented. This does not have anything to do with stylesheets.
                          Bill Griffin
                          Parkell, Inc

Comment

As I have been stating from the beginning, this has nothing to to with the stylesheets or web styles. However, 2 things lead me to believe that it can be changed somewhere. 1st, Alpha 5 is mostly written in xBasic with some C, I believe. 2nd, the fact that you can change it at all means that there is a list somewhere that references some form of stylesheet or CSS. I want to find it and change to to be compatible with my project. Olive, Silver, Blue and Windows themes are just not my favorites.

Comment

Working...
                            X