Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

500 internal server error at build 3040-3571

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

500 internal server error at build 3040-3571

Suddenly I get all grids after login in my application, when publishing it at local host the error:

500 Internal Server Error
    "Script Error
    Error:Script: /cptdata/4vastgoed_relations.a5w line:52
    x__4vastgoed_relat = a5w_run_Component(tmpl__4vastgoed_relat) 'SYSTEM GENERATED
    Property not found
    arr[] not found."

Ofcourse pagename in the message differs for different pages, but the rest is the same.

A'm relatively new to Alpha 5, what is the procedure to get help on this? (Or suggestions how to cure :-)

I updated to latest build after buying excel feature pack. I need that and from release notes it seems installing a previouw build it not an option if i want to use it.

Make grid dirty, resave and republish didn't help either

Thanks in advance

Ger Kurvers
    Ger Kurvers
    Alpha Anywhere / V4.6.1.9- Build 6488 (production) / V4.6.5.1 - 8722-5683(testing)
    Development: Mysql, windows 10 64 Applicationserver: standard on Windows server 2019

Re: 500 internal server error at build 3040-3571

This often happens if you attempt to view a page in the browser before it has finished publishing. I get it when I am impatient. But if you are publishing to a remote server, also check that the versions of Alpha are the same on both computers.
    Steve Wood
    See my profile on IADN

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Wood View Post
      This often happens if you attempt to view a page in the browser before it has finished publishing. I get it when I am impatient. But if you are publishing to a remote server, also check that the versions of Alpha are the same on both computers.
      Thanks Steve for your quick reply.

Unfortunately this happens in my development environment/local host. And before seeking help here itried a lot of things yesterday and this morning, so I know for certain that publishing process was finished :-)

As far as i know i don't need to apply update for WAS in my local devellopment environment (it is done automatically with update of devellopment environment itself, isn't it?)

I would not dare to apply a new build to a production environment before testing locally, so there i dont have problems yet :-)

Any other thoughts?
      Ger Kurvers
      Alpha Anywhere / V4.6.1.9- Build 6488 (production) / V4.6.5.1 - 8722-5683(testing)
      Development: Mysql, windows 10 64 Applicationserver: standard on Windows server 2019

Comment

Originally posted by cptutrecht View Post
        Property not found arr[] not found.
        We did encounter that same error on a few grids when upgrading to 3040-3571 but in our case amending a property of the grid and resaving it fixed it.
        https://appsbydesign.co.uk/

Comment

A last resort trick I often use is to toggle off "AJAX Enabled", save, toggle it back on. That seems to cure all manner of unexplained ills. Haven't done that in a long time but it seemed useful in early V10.0 when things were more in flux.
          Steve Wood
          See my profile on IADN

Comment

Originally posted by mumfie View Post
            We did encounter that same error on a few grids when upgrading to 3040-3571 but in our case amending a property of the grid and resaving it fixed it.
            Thanks Colin en Steve. I tried Colins suggestion first and it solved my problems.

What i learned from this: just making a grid dirty is not enough, one needs really to change a property before it takes effect.

VERY STRANGE: I had the issue at about 5 grids, and after doing this procedure at 1 grid the problems also disappeared for the other grids. But who cares if the problem is solved :-)
            Ger Kurvers

Comment

V10 writes a couple referenced files along with the grid and those might have been updated in your process. Also, and I really don't know what these are for, but there are a bunch of files created in your web project folder ending with "_manifest" and "_compiled". I routinely delete them when I finish a programming session or am having problems getting my altered files to register. In addition, V10 caches like crazy (good for performance) and I am also known to turn off GZip caching in the App Server Performance tab just to stop caching while in developer mode, then back on for live production. And I've accidentally left them off for production, and it definitely slows down the user experience if they are off.
              Steve Wood
              See my profile on IADN

Comment

The "_a5wcmp_manifest" and "_a5wcmp_compiled" are very important in the publish process. If they don't exist, they are recreated during publish, which can make the publish process much slower.

The manifest file contains information about various files linked to the component, such as the CSS style and any grids linked to the current grid. This file builds very quickly, so if it is missing, the process doesn't slow very much.

The compiled file is much more important. It basically contains only the data needed to run the component, In effect, it is a pre-published version of the grid and is the same as the published copy of the component. When a grid is published, only the compiled file is published. Therefore it must be recreated at publish time if it does not exist. Ajax grids contain a large number of parameters, so a large grid may take a fairly significant amount of time to build the compiled file.

The compiled file is rebuilt on every grid save and all old compiled files are removed (all old manifest files are removed as well). If you look at a compiled file name, you will see it is the grid name plus a timestamp. If the timestamp in the compiled file name doesn't match the one for the actual saved grid component, the publish process will build a new compiled file and then remove all old compiled files.

Compiled and manifest files should be handled by Alpha Five. There is no reason to delete a manifest file as all that will do is slow publish. A compile file could be deleted if there is a desire to rebuild the component code during publish without editing the actual component. This could occur it there has been an Alpha Five patch update that changes the behavior of the grid or changes saved parameters. Deleting the compiled file will force the program to rebuild the file in the latest build when the component is published. However, this should only be done if there appears to be a problem in the published grid after a build update. Otherwise, it just makes the publish process much slower.

Comment

Hello Jerry, thanks for the clarification.

Unfortunately I was too optimistic in my last post.
                  It turns out that some grids work indeed fine after changing a property of another grid. But many others (especially linked grids) need the same treatment. I found out that also Steve suggestion works good (toggle ajax enabled with intermediate saving).

It is a lot of work in my growing application to inspect every grid wether is works or not (and if not toggle a property).

Is it possible to do this in bulk (like changing the stylesheat of the grids). I tried to do that, but that is not enough to get the grids working again.

best regards,

Ger Kurvers
                  Ger Kurvers

Comment

I too have the same issues, grids were working now they're blowing up and customer is not happy. I'll try the above solutions and see what happens.

Comment

None of those solutions worked for me and my client is still dead in the water. How can I go back to a previous version that I know was working?

-John

Comment

Originally posted by Jberry View Post
                        None of those solutions worked for me and my client is still dead in the water. How can I go back to a previous version that I know was working?

-John
                        Hello John,

All my problems with this build disappeared when i perfomed at tab webprojects / edit / bulkoperation/ update compiled files for ajax grids.

BUT I took the advice of an Alpha five employee to make first a backup. Because this sometimes doesn't work properly and ruins the grids even more....

For going back to a previous version, just install a previous servicepack. They are all available on alpha 5 update page.

Hope this helps
                        Ger Kurvers

Comment

Hi Ger,

Thanks for following up. I have more problems now and A5 seems to be unusable. I'll start a new thread but as it stands right now I cant make a backup using the A5 menu bar, nothing happens, all kinds of errors are appearing now where there weren't any previousy. Just trying to do a full publish locally gives me errors I've never seen before. going back to a previous version did no good. Uninstalling and reinstalling did no good. Removing code from the project - did no good. Nothing works. Nothing. Just one of the problems I'm having is in a screen shot below, I've never seen it before and I don't want to see it again but once again I cannot move beyond it and I do not know what else to do. no one has been able to use the system for the past 4 hours and likely won't be using again today.

Comment

The error message indicates that the publish process did not complete. If you have not already done so, reboot the computer and retry.

Comment

Hi Jerry,

I have rebooted my pc several times, rebooted the server a few times and still get the same message when trying to publish locally. I did a Publish All, Cleared Publishing History etc. It gets all the way to the end and still gives me the error message.

Also, if I try to do a backup it does nothing. If I go to Tools/zip database (or pretty much anything I try to use on the toolbar) I get an error, if I ignore the error and continue I get another error - see the errors below.

I really need some help here. If I have to buy support from Alpha and have you guys dial into this pc fine, at this point I'm open to anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X