Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

download issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

download issue

hello everyone ,
    I'm facing issue during download file that am uploading to server with extension *.dwg ( Autocad files ) .
    thing is the uploading side works perfectly when i try to upload for example these 2 files

test.dwg
    test.xls

the first file uploaded successfully but when i try to download it ... it just excute when i paste the path to the file and without any warning it just excute and shows the assci code for the file on the browser. the download button give no message when i click in it.
    the second file is uploaded successfully when i try to download it .. it just work perfectly .

so most probably the issue is with the file type .

is there any way i can download the dwg files without any problem.

Note: i have added the file type into allowed files for security.

Thanks,,,
    Last edited by Kamel; 07-13-2011, 04:31 AM.
    Best Regards,
    Kamel Jazmati

[email protected]
    Kamelj.com
    @KamelZJ

Re: download issue

.DWG is not a known file extension to the Application Server, so it is sent using the default MIME type (text/html), causing your browser to display it directly. Unfortunately the V10 server uses an internal list for MIME types so you cannot add a MIME type yourself.

You can use the following Xbasic to explicitly set the MIME type and send the file:

Code:
    dim DWGfile as c = "c:\path\to\your\file.dwg"
    if file.exists(DWGfile) then
        Response.Mime_Type = "application/acad"
        ?file.to_blob(DWGfile)
    else
        Response.Redirect("not found.a5w")
    end if

Lenny Forziati
    Vice President, Internet Products and Technical Services
    Alpha Software Corporation

Comment

Thanks Lenny,
      But where I should to add this code because I'm using "File Download Event" and no "server-side events" field to add xBasic code ?!?!?!?
      Please explain it,

and thanks again..
      Best Regards,
      Kamel Jazmati

[email protected]
      Kamelj.com
      @KamelZJ

Comment

the ZIP file is also not working fine with file download Action Javascript ?!?!?

please any help ?!?
        Best Regards,
        Kamel Jazmati

[email protected]
        Kamelj.com
        @KamelZJ

Comment

I treed this code:
          Code:
          'dim DWGfile as c = e._currentRowDataNew.ceiling_drawing
          dim DWGfile as c = "C:\A5Webroot\maps-system\1.dwg"
              ?file.to_blob(DWGfile)
              e.ajaxCallBackType = "FileDownload"
              e.fileToDownload = DWGfile
          else
              'e.Message = "Error"
          end if
          but it still not working ?!?!
          Best Regards,
          Kamel Jazmati

[email protected]
          Kamelj.com
          @KamelZJ

Comment

XBasic Code to File Download

Hi All,
            I'm using file download in Action JavaScript with type "AjaxCallBack" because I need to download files like .dwg (autocad files)
            So I should to add code to make like this file is known to the Application Server,
            In the first I used this code:

Code:
                dim DWGfile as c = "C:\A5Webroot\maps-system\1.dwg"
                e.ajaxCallBackType = "FileDownload"
                e.fileToDownload = DWGfile
            it's work fine with known extensions like (doc, xls) but it's not working with (dwg, zip, rar) I don't know why not working with (zip, rar)
            after that someone suggest me code to work with unknown extensions like (dwg) and he say "You can use the following Xbasic to explicitly set the MIME type and send the file:"

Code:
            dim DWGfile as c = "c:\path\to\your\file.dwg"
                ?file.to_blob(DWGfile)
            else
                Response.Redirect("not found.a5w")
            end if
            But it didn't work,,,,
            So please any help or suggest XBasic code to download any file type ?????

thanks in advance...
            Best Regards,
            Kamel Jazmati

[email protected]
            Kamelj.com
            @KamelZJ

Comment

Hi Kamel, have you managed to get any success with this? I am having similar issues downloading emails (msg files) and would like to try Lenny Forziati's solution. Like you I am unsure how to use the code he provided, but am sure he has the solution as Selwyn confirms that I am also suffering a MIME type issue (Lenny, can you assist further?). Any help would make my client very happy
              Take care,
              Will Burchell.

Comment

V11 allows server administrators to define any MIME type desired, so it is a simple matter to add support for any file extension there. V10 does not have this functionality, so you need to add Xbasic code to set the Response.Mime_Type property explicitly. This should be done on the A5W page that is serving the file for you.

If you are trying to serve a file with an unsupported MIME type in V10 by linking directly to it, it will not work as the default MIME type (text/html) will be used for any unrecognized file extension. In this case, you will need to create an A5W page to serve the file for you, using the sample code I posted previously as a starting point.

(Also, V11 recognized .dwg and .msg file extensions by default, so there isn't even any need there to manually add support for these two types.)

Lenny Forziati
                Vice President, Internet Products and Technical Services
                Alpha Software Corporation

Comment

Working...
                X