Alpha Software Mobile Development Tools:   Alpha Anywhere    |   Alpha TransForm subscribe to our YouTube Channel  Follow Us on LinkedIn  Follow Us on Twitter  Follow Us on Facebook

Announcement

Collapse

The Alpha Software Forum Participation Guidelines

The Alpha Software Forum is a free forum created for Alpha Software Developer Community to ask for help, exchange ideas, and share solutions. Alpha Software strives to create an environment where all members of the community can feel safe to participate. In order to ensure the Alpha Software Forum is a place where all feel welcome, forum participants are expected to behave as follows:
  • Be professional in your conduct
  • Be kind to others
  • Be constructive when giving feedback
  • Be open to new ideas and suggestions
  • Stay on topic

Be sure all comments and threads you post are respectful. Posts that contain any of the following content will be considered a violation of your agreement as a member of the Alpha Software Forum Community and will be moderated:
  • Spam.
  • Vulgar language.
  • Quotes from private conversations without permission, including pricing and other sales related discussions.
  • Personal attacks, insults, or subtle put-downs.
  • Harassment, bullying, threatening, mocking, shaming, or deriding anyone.
  • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
  • Sexually explicit or violent material, links, or language.
  • Pirated, hacked, or copyright-infringing material.
  • Encouraging of others to engage in the above behaviors.

If a thread or post is found to contain any of the content outlined above, a moderator may choose to take one of the following actions:
  • Remove the Post or Thread - the content is removed from the forum.
  • Place the User in Moderation - all posts and new threads must be approved by a moderator before they are posted.
  • Temporarily Ban the User - user is banned from forum for a period of time.
  • Permanently Ban the User - user is permanently banned from the forum.

Moderators may also rename posts and threads if they are too generic or do not property reflect the content.

Moderators may move threads if they have been posted in the incorrect forum.

Threads/Posts questioning specific moderator decisions or actions (such as "why was a user banned?") are not allowed and will be removed.

The owners of Alpha Software Corporation (Forum Owner) reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason; or ban any forum member without notice, reason, or explanation.

Community members are encouraged to click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left of a given post if they feel the post is in violation of the rules. This will alert the Moderators to take a look.

Alpha Software Corporation may amend the guidelines from time to time and may also vary the procedures it sets out where appropriate in a particular case. Your agreement to comply with the guidelines will be deemed agreement to any changes to it.

Bonus TIPS for Successful Posting

Try a Search First
It is highly recommended that a Search be done on your topic before posting, as many questions have been answered in prior posts. As with any search engine, the shorter the search term, the more "hits" will be returned, but the more specific the search term is, the greater the relevance of those "hits". Searching for "table" might well return every message on the board while "tablesum" would greatly restrict the number of messages returned.

When you do post
First, make sure you are posting your question in the correct forum. For example, if you post an issue regarding Desktop applications on the Mobile & Browser Applications board , not only will your question not be seen by the appropriate audience, it may also be removed or relocated.

The more detail you provide about your problem or question, the more likely someone is to understand your request and be able to help. A sample database with a minimum of records (and its support files, zipped together) will make it much easier to diagnose issues with your application. Screen shots of error messages are especially helpful.

When explaining how to reproduce your problem, please be as detailed as possible. Describe every step, click-by-click and keypress-by-keypress. Otherwise when others try to duplicate your problem, they may do something slightly different and end up with different results.

A note about attachments
You may only attach one file to each message. Attachment file size is limited to 2MB. If you need to include several files, you may do so by zipping them into a single archive.

If you forgot to attach your files to your post, please do NOT create a new thread. Instead, reply to your original message and attach the file there.

When attaching screen shots, it is best to attach an image file (.BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .PNG, etc.) or a zip file of several images, as opposed to a Word document containing the screen shots. Because Word documents are prone to viruses, many message board users will not open your Word file, therefore limiting their ability to help you.

Similarly, if you are uploading a zipped archive, you should simply create a .ZIP file and not a self-extracting .EXE as many users will not run your EXE file.
See more
See less

Tabbed UI set for Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tabbed UI set for Mobile

how do i set the Tabbed UI to match the screen size.
    i was under the impression, this will take place asymptomatically.

on a simple test off iphone 4, the image stretch too wide

Re: Tabbed UI set for Mobile

Did you set the Tab UI style to mobileblue?

Comment

yes , i have selected Mob Blue on all my test grid, tabbedui etc
      the result remain very wide

Comment

Works really well on my HTC sensation although a lot of the forms loaded from the tabbedui need some work for mobile use.

What build no are you using? Requires 3822 or above.
        Have you changed the layoutmode to mobile in tabbedui properties?

Comment

latest built and yes i know grid need adjustment
          but this is 100% about the tabbed ui .... very wide
          the height is perfect....

seem like the width is good for tablet

there must be way to control

Comment

ok now i realize the size is set when we call it
            and it is not automatically adjust to device screen size

having said that, i need to create different menu for each
            popular device, like iphone versus ipad...

Comment

I also noticed if you have a linked grid to right of main grid, like order detail off of order header it will not display at all. Dropping it below main grid will solve problem, or having it pop via animation. Having it scroll down via animatioon is nice also.

Comment

thanks for the tips.

i am having unusual issues.
                now i have my tabbedUI under control.

some grid and test mini map suppose to be opened inside this
                mobile tabbed ui, just simply not showing.

while testing it on a regular pc desktop browser showing perfectly.

i am not sure what is causing such behaviour.

i know it loaded, as the wait.... and query running.

i tried turning options on and off...

any other experiences to share ? anyone ?

ken tjia

Comment

I added an alternative map view to grid with addresses. The only issue I have had is an error from google, exceeding some sort of limit. I have not tested it on mobile device, itself but it works on mobile browser. Your are welcome to look at my website and tell me if map works on mobole device.

Go to website www.mainstem.com. At Login User ID, enter pittvmf or lavmf or hamptonvmf or seastvmf and at Password enter password.

Click on a tab and it brings up screen. In the case of Finance and Site, click on underlined field and the detail screen pops up to change, etc. In the case of Operator and Vehicle, the detail screen scrolls below the Main screen.

Once one screen is displayed, then click on Menu to bring up Tab UI. When you have displayed multiple screens, clicking on left and right arrow will bring back previously displayed screens.

Clicking on button on toolbar will bring up a PDF report which you should be able to print on your local PC printer. Clicking on X in upper right corner will remove report from screen. Click on X again to get rid of printing processing screen.

I have added an alternate view to one the screens. The 2 alternate views available are charts and Google maps. I added Google maps to Finance screen since it is the only one with addresses. Map has markers for each address. You can zoom in to actual street. Putting mouse on marker will display the address in this case. You can have different colors assigned to the marker base on certain criteria, like sales volume. You can have it pop to another screen if you want. The mapping feature even allows you to create a "Store Finder" function. Logging in as "seastvmf" and zooming out on map, displays the type of Post Office. Logging in as "lavmf" shows all different addresses. Clicking on top left corner arrow logs you out.

Comment

ok, i am very familiar with the Google map error/limit
                    they place restriction.

you need to host your own geo location codes.
                    i have over 21,000 locations, so far i managed to host
                    2500 from Google, they stopped me this morning.

i hope they will let me do another 2500 again tomorrow.
                    once that done, i should be able to display all my locations
                    on the map without any error.

will comment more later

Comment

How do you host your own geo location codes?

Comment

email me [email protected]

Comment

Guys you do not have to host anything. I have 92,000 property records for the town and there is no problem with google or any errors. You need to use latitude and longitude in your DB and not address. You are getting the error bacause of not using lat/long.
                          Nicholas Wieland
                          LedgerSuite.com Corp
                          [email protected]
                          http://www.ledgersuite.com

Comment

When you go into the property's under the grid find alternate views in the "Marker Properties" type has to be set to Location and you will have no problems. Do not use address or auto.
                            Nicholas Wieland
                            LedgerSuite.com Corp
                            [email protected]
                            http://www.ledgersuite.com

Comment

thanks.. by the way, did you populate the 92,000 with alpha apps
                              or you obtained it from outside ?

Comment

Working...
                              X